Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the prices!
Old 04-21-05, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now updated with BB and CC prices.
Old 04-21-05, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Ok now what's the story with these Family Guy sets? From what I understand, the new "LE" sets come with a bonus T-shirt and DVD. So do the ones at Best Buy have an ADDITIONAL bonus DVD?
Old 04-21-05, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I don't understand the Bestbuy ad for Blade
$19.99 Blade Trinity and Blade (pack-in comic), does that mean its the FIRST and 3RD Blade, along with a comic?
Old 04-21-05, 02:16 PM

As a heads-up, the CC website has Survivor: Season Two as $29.99, rather than $32.99.

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com...d=PRT887744DVD
Old 04-21-05, 02:37 PM

Lemony Snickets SE is 19.99 at the CC Web site. Combine with Blade Trinitiy for 14.99 for free shipping
Old 04-21-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I take it that there's no good deal on the Blade Trilogy boxset, eh?
Old 04-21-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see no point in getting the Blade boxset. If you can get Blade & Blade: Trinity for $20 at Best Buy and get Blade II: PS for $20, you have all 3 for $40. Blade II is not OOP to my knowledge. Several websites still have it for sale and I still see this at Circuit City.
Old 04-21-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Simpson Purist
I take it that there's no good deal on the Blade Trilogy boxset, eh?
That is what I was wondering.
Old 04-21-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I see no point in getting the Blade boxset. If you can get Blade & Blade: Trinity for $20 at Best Buy and get Blade II: PS for $20, you have all 3 for $40. Blade II is not OOP to my knowledge. Several websites still have it for sale and I still see this at Circuit City.

I see it at the worst $5 cheaper...

Go to Circuit City, buy the Blade 2 & 3 two pack for $25. (I would assume its the Blade 2-2 disc PS version thats included) Then price match Best Buy's Blade $9.99. (unless CC already has the first one at that price.) So it will be just over $35-which should definiately be less than the box set.

Since I already have the first two on DVD, just the third one for me at Best Buy-with a price match to Circuit City if its more. Edit: It will be $17.99 at Best Buy so looks like I'll be pricematching to Circuit City.

Is there a difference between the comic books which are offered at Circuit City and Best Buy? Edit: No difference-same comic book.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-21-05 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I just looked at the K-mart ad and they will have ER Season 3 for $27.99 for those interested in picking it up cheaper than Target.
Old 04-23-05, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Would anyone happen to have the prices on the videogames and CDs for that week as well?
Thanks.
Old 04-23-05, 07:18 AM

so can anyone confirm that best buy is doing a combination of Blade 1 and 3 and not just the same pack that CC is doing...
Old 04-23-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think CC's deal is Blade 2 single disc and Blade 3. Blade 2 Platinum Series is still $20 by itself. They would be discounting it $10 if you bought it with Blade 3 and I don't see that happening.

Looks like Best Buy is Blade 1 and Blade 3 for $20, which looks like a great deal to me. But this deal is only if you are a rewards zone member. I think I'll do this deal at Best Buy and then try and find Blade 2 Platinum Series elsewhere. DVD Empire, DDD, Amazon.com all still have the 2-disc version. I just hope the CC in my area still has it as no Best Buy's around here do.

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 04-23-05 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-23-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What about the Manson Family?? Might have to order that at DDD.
Old 04-24-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'd like to know this as well. bestbuy's bonus disc must be different, or in addition, to the regular LE sets offered by everyone else, otherwise they wouldn't print "best buy exclusive" on the disc itself.

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Ok now what's the story with these Family Guy sets? From what I understand, the new "LE" sets come with a bonus T-shirt and DVD. So do the ones at Best Buy have an ADDITIONAL bonus DVD?
Old 04-24-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Does it seriously throw you off from figuring out what the thread is about?

Thanks for the prices, may pick up Batman v1 finally.

yes, it seriously does... every time I see a title like this I think it's prices... maybe I'm just retarded, but good grief I am surprised at how many of u are ready to jump on my case for asking to keep things normal and less like dollar values...
Old 04-24-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottyWH
yes, it seriously does... every time I see a title like this I think it's prices... maybe I'm just retarded, but good grief I am surprised at how many of u are ready to jump on my case for asking to keep things normal and less like dollar values...
I think when someone posts something you should express gratitude. At least when criticizing be sure to at least thank the person for his effort.

Ppl take things for granted and that's why a lot of them don't want to post things anymore cuz if they're gonna get flamed for their hard work, then why even bother for a bunch of ingrates?
Old 04-24-05, 11:18 AM
Banned

Seriously, I doubt the original poster cares about 1 whiny guy who can't read.
Old 04-24-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Regarding Blade 3 Trinity, is the free comic book attached to the back of all Blade 3 packages or is it only offered at Best Buy and Circuit City in limited quantities on Tuesday?

Does anyone know how many pages the comic book is? In other words, is it fairly substantial or just a couple pages like a flyer? The reason I ask is I'd like to know if the comic book is worth extra driving and trouble to go to Best Buy because Walmart is practically next door to me and I can easily PM Walmart to Fry's for $13.99.

Since I already have the first 2 Blade movies, the other deals don't matter to me. Fry's has Blade 1 for $5.99, so Blade 1 for $5.99 + Blade 3 for $13.99 is equivalent to Best Buy's $20 combo price. It seems the cheapest way to get all 3 would be Blade 2 + 3 for $25 at CC, plus Blade 1 for $5.99 PM to Fry's.
Old 04-24-05, 12:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by darmok
i'd like to know this as well. bestbuy's bonus disc must be different, or in addition, to the regular LE sets offered by everyone else, otherwise they wouldn't print "best buy exclusive" on the disc itself.
From the looks of the picture in the ad, it looks like they're just selling the regular sets with a T-shirt and their own branded bonus disc. Some of the extras mentioned are the same. But I'll bet the bonus disc you get at Best Buy and the one you'd get at say, Amazon.com, are different. Ugh.
Old 04-24-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
I think when someone posts something you should express gratitude. At least when criticizing be sure to at least thank the person for his effort.

Ppl take things for granted and that's why a lot of them don't want to post things anymore cuz if they're gonna get flamed for their hard work, then why even bother for a bunch of ingrates?

Yeah, I think it's great that so many of you are helped by the OP's copy and paste from CAG, but I personally am not grateful for something that wastes my time. I wouldn't bother looking in the thread to begin with if I realized it was just a collection of plain old normal prices from the weekly ad circulars, but when it looks like there are DVDs for between $4.24 and $4.30 I am curious what the titles are... Therefore, this wastes my time. I wasn't nearly so blunt or rude about it to begin with, but it's pretty crazy how quick some of you are to jump on me about this simple request. I made the same request in this guy's thread (even more politely) last month, but I guess he didn't understand why I asked him to make it more clear. I can understand some of the 2005 newbs jumping down my throat or not caring if they post things in a way that is easy for people to understand, but for someone who's been around as long as you, dabaomb, to do it, utterly disappoints me in this community.
Old 04-24-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FatTony
What month has 39 days? Besides, the titles usually say the word AD in there somewhere, so if you think it's a sale, that's your fault. Just get used to it. I much prefer the use of . instead of / or - for dates, but it's not a big deal.

This one
DvDs in the BB, Target, CC & CompUSA ads for 4.17 - 4.23
was much easier to confuse because of the bad wording, granted, but I did think the same thing about the thread we are in now. I am glad to see from drmoze's post that I wasn't the only one confused.
Old 04-24-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
You could probably report the post to a mod and ask them to change the title if it bothers you that much. And yes, i am surprised that you and maybe a few others would be thrown off by the title of the thread. Personally, i've come to expect these threads every week and am aware of the dates, and its pretty easy for me to associate DVD + Ads + numbers as a thread about weekly ads, regardless of something as minor as using a period instead of a hyphen or slash.

Edit: In fact, the previous example you mentioned as being worse seems even more straightforward, considering how the title seems to outline exactly what's going to be in the thread to me.
Old 04-24-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I think it's great that so many of you are helped by the OP's copy and paste from CAG, but I personally am not grateful for something that wastes my time. I wouldn't bother looking in the thread to begin with if I realized it was just a collection of plain old normal prices from the weekly ad circulars, but when it looks like there are DVDs for between $4.24 and $4.30 I am curious what the titles are... Therefore, this wastes my time. I wasn't nearly so blunt or rude about it to begin with, but it's pretty crazy how quick some of you are to jump on me about this simple request. I made the same request in this guy's thread (even more politely) last month, but I guess he didn't understand why I asked him to make it more clear. I can understand some of the 2005 newbs jumping down my throat or not caring if they post things in a way that is easy for people to understand, but for someone who's been around as long as you, dabaomb, to do it, utterly disappoints me in this community.
True TheHan just cuts & pastes from CAG.com but when I used to post ads, you would always get the dumbass ingrate member (like TheKing) who would post something that would piss me off. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Also, who the hell would price a DVD at $4.17 or $4.24? Certainly not Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target. Common sense would dictate that that is most likely not a price.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.