Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Costco 3/8/05 Ladder 49 $18.29 Ring SE $18 Friends s9 $29 Earthsea $19 Green Acres 19

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Costco 3/8/05 Ladder 49 $18.29 Ring SE $18 Friends s9 $29 Earthsea $19 Green Acres 19

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
You don't need a Costco membership, just the coupon and a Best Buy or Circuit City. They should PM the Costco price for you, no problem. Just go to Costco and ask to see the coupons; say you're considering a membership. Then leave.
YMMV...they will likely deny it. They will probably say that they don't PM membership fee stores.
Old 03-12-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Strong agreement.
Old 03-12-05, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,240 Likes on 4,261 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
YMMV...they will likely deny it. They will probably say that they don't PM membership fee stores.
They've told me they do. Of course, it's a YMMV thing.
Old 03-12-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn! I have a membership to Sam's Club and a wanting to get some Futurama and King of the Hill.....Do I need a membership card when paying??...Cuz I think I can ask someone there to walk in with them/walk near them like I am with them, get a coupon, buy it and walk out scott free.

If anyone can help with the Avon Lake, OH one then post!

Last edited by paulringodaman; 03-12-05 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-12-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You give them the membership card when you check out. Dump Sam's and get Costco!
Old 03-12-05, 06:07 PM

So they give you the flyer with the coupon as you are walking in? Is there a limit to the coupon?
With my luck they will be all out of coupons by the time I have a chance to get there.
Old 03-12-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Usually they keep the coupons at the register after use and scan them if you don't have one with you.
Old 03-14-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigPete
Grr ... I may have to go stand outside the closest store and see if I can convince someone to sneak me in and buy me the last two Futuramas.

C'mon Southern CT folks ... I know one of you wants to volunteer to save me the humiliation of begging strangers.
I will be going to the Milford location this weekend(probably Sunday afternoon), so if you want to meet me in the parking lot, I'll gladly get the sets for you. Let me know if you're interested and we can work out the particulars. I was there yesterday and they had plenty of stock of all titles except KOTH 3. They only had 1 copy of that title(of course, that's the one set that I want).
Old 03-14-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, you are a good guy.......if anyone can help this way with Avon Lake/Avon, OH I would be so happy!
Old 03-14-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I will be going to the Milford location this weekend(probably Sunday afternoon), so if you want to meet me in the parking lot, I'll gladly get the sets for you. Let me know if you're interested and we can work out the particulars. I was there yesterday and they had plenty of stock of all titles except KOTH 3. They only had 1 copy of that title(of course, that's the one set that I want).
Even though I usually head down on new release day, since the sale started today, I didn't wanna chance it. So on Friday I fatwallet'd it and bought what I was looking for. Tomorrow when I go down, i'll just have them refund the difference.
Old 03-14-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went on a "trial run" (because I am not a member) and my Aunt is going to take me tomorrow (I went because I would feel so bad to drag her out of her house just for stuff to be sold out). They had plenty of copies of what I wanted. But when I walked in I was NOT handed a coupon. Over the stock of FOX shows on sale it had a sign that says -$10 on every show no limit (with manufacturer coupon) Should I ask for one or is this just a gimmick and there is no tangible coupon??
Old 03-14-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 445 Likes on 258 Posts
I just got home from Costco. The one near me (Arundel Mills, Maryland) had plenty of everything (Simpsons, Futurama, KotH, and Family Guy)

The girl at the entrance handed me a sheet with coupons. One of the coupons was for $10 off the Fox DVDs. It allows multiple items on 1 coupon.

I bought:
Simpsons, Seasons 1-5
Family Guy, Vol 1 & 2
Futurama, Vol 1-4
SoftScrub (My wife made me get it since I was there)

Woohoo!
Old 03-14-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paulringodaman
I went on a "trial run" (because I am not a member) and my Aunt is going to take me tomorrow (I went because I would feel so bad to drag her out of her house just for stuff to be sold out). They had plenty of copies of what I wanted. But when I walked in I was NOT handed a coupon. Over the stock of FOX shows on sale it had a sign that says -$10 on every show no limit (with manufacturer coupon) Should I ask for one or is this just a gimmick and there is no tangible coupon??
If they don't hand one out at the door, check at the register. They usually have a stack of them at the end of the register.
Old 03-15-05, 10:17 AM

I held off buying the Simpsons 4 and 5 waiting for a good deal like this. FYI for those of you in the Carlsbad area, the store has a large endcap display with all of the titles. (Last night I was discouraged when looking in the DVD section, they only had a couple of copies of Simpsons season 1).

Blade, they have a new flyer that includes a coupon for $5 off selected Buena Vista DVDs. Don't have it in front of me, but the titles pictured were:
Bambi
The Village
King Arthur
and 1 or 2 others that I can't remember right now.

This would be a great deal for those of you that missed out on release week deals for Bambi... The new coupon is valid starting March 28.
Old 03-15-05, 10:36 AM

They have coupons all over the place. They should have them at the regiister. They should give them away as you're leaving the store. Just ask the greeter where you can pick up the latest coupon sheet.
Old 03-16-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

is there a reason why there seems to be two covers for the Futurama vol 2 box set? one of the covers is bender and the professor while the other is the squid and the jamaican guy
Old 03-16-05, 11:53 AM
Banned

The Futurama sets are double sided once you take the spec sheet off. There isn't any control on what side gets the spec sheet. You are seeing the side without the spec sheet in the Costco long box.
Old 03-16-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I usually go on Friday to the Milford location that Sweet Baby James goes to so I can also assist if need be.
Old 03-16-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cardaway
The Futurama sets are double sided once you take the spec sheet off. There isn't any control on what side gets the spec sheet. You are seeing the side without the spec sheet in the Costco long box.
ah ok thanks
Old 03-16-05, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got back.....got 4 boxsets (Futurama Vol. 2, King of the Hill Season 2, Simpsons Seasons 2 & 3) for $86.06. As you all said, they had "common" coupons at the counter. Everything went well and I am thinking of getting a membership there. BTW, everyone, is the condition of the boxsets you got good? All my boxes have beat up corners (even though they are in the big outer box)..Hey I cannot complain for $19.99 a set.
Old 03-17-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulringodaman
BTW, everyone, is the condition of the boxsets you got good? All my boxes have beat up corners (even though they are in the big outer box)..Hey I cannot complain for $19.99 a set.
All the boxsets that I have purchased have been in mint condition.

The only exception might be when the Milford, CT. staff stacks everything like an Aztec pyramid.