Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Like Kellogg's Mini Wheats? Get free Star Wars Ep.1 DVD

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-27-05, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this at Target today, on specially marked boxes of Kellogg's Mini Wheats, which are on sale this week for $2.25 a box, if you have any Kellogg's coupons from the sunday inserts, it would improve the deal. Note that this is a different offer than the Kellogg/MGM deal mentioned in this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ht=kellogg%27s

Free Episode 1 DVD by Mail with 7 UPCs with Star Wars symbol and Official Order Form printed inside this box! or Send in $9.99 + 3 UPCs. I did a google search and here's a picture of the box. I couldn't tell whether it was fullscreen or widescreen...

http://www.toysrgus.com/index.php?ac...&item_id=55085

Anyway, it's an ok deal if you like mini wheats...
Old 02-27-05, 08:22 PM

Anxiously awaiting the first "let me spew my opinion of Episode One and/or George Lucas and/or Jar Jar Binks" post...
Old 02-27-05, 08:28 PM

Well, that's why I led with the mini-wheats, I figure if you like the cereal, you can get a free DVD that you can use for trade-ins to get something that doesn't have Jar Jar Binks in it.
Old 02-27-05, 09:53 PM

Crunchy wheat.
Old 02-27-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 656 Likes on 464 Posts
You see, that's just it though . . . how do the computers know what Tasty Wheat tastes like? Maybe they have it all wrong.

(No Jar Jar crapping here.)
Old 02-27-05, 11:57 PM

I'm torn between the fact that I still need episode 1 and the fact that I'm lactosintolerant(sp.). Yet, I do like Frosted Mini-wheats...hmmmm.. is the pain worth episode 1? *goes to ponder*
Old 02-28-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the rerelease msrp is only 19.99 so...I'm thinking if you don't have it already, it can be had for 11.99-13.99 first week....
Old 02-28-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thanks!
Old 02-28-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dah-Dee
thanks!
Old 02-28-05, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Considering the movies in the other thread are free with only 5 POP's, I'd say that's the better deal...
Old 02-28-05, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm torn between the fact that I still need episode 1 and the fact that I'm lactosintolerant(sp.). Yet, I do like Frosted Mini-wheats...hmmmm.. is the pain worth episode 1? *goes to ponder*
Just drink Lactaid milk (milk minus the lactaid). In my opinion, it actually tastes better than regular milk.

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
Is that a DPham thing with the "thanks"?
Old 02-28-05, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Just drink Lactaid milk (milk minus the lactaid). In my opinion, it actually tastes better than regular milk.
I know that from experience that Lactaid milk tastes like ass. It's all watered down, so I just prefer taking Lactaid Ultra (or the Walmart brand because I'm cheap) in order to make it possible for me to enjoy the real deal.
Old 02-28-05, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
I know that from experience that Lactaid milk tastes like ass. It's all watered down, so I just prefer taking Lactaid Ultra (or the Walmart brand because I'm cheap) in order to make it possible for me to enjoy the real deal.
I hope your experience ends with the milk part.
Old 02-28-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Watered down? Naaaah. At least, I don't think so. What percent do you drink? Nonfat? Imo, it tastes sweeter. Once I started drinking, regular milk (when drinking straight up -- not with cereal) didn't taste as sweet to me. And the sugar content is the same, I believe. So it's not a matter of just adding more sugar.

Is Lactaid Ultra the pills?
Old 02-28-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Watered down? Naaaah. At least, I don't think so. What percent do you drink? Nonfat? Imo, it tastes sweeter. Once I started drinking, regular milk (when drinking straight up -- not with cereal) didn't taste as sweet to me. And the sugar content is the same, I believe. So it's not a matter of just adding more sugar.

Is Lactaid Ultra the pills?
Yes, except I use the Walmart brand.

As far as regular milk goes, I drink skim/nonfat organic milk, or sometimes even vanilla soymilk. I go through phases of eating cereal/not eating cereal. Those pills are awfully handy at times, though. I don't think I could live without ice cream.

Anyway [/end_thread_derail]
Old 02-28-05, 12:45 PM

First time I've ever seen a Star Wars DVD thread deteriorate into a discussion on lactose intolerance.

You guys are really milking the he// out of this thread
Old 02-28-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Silk soymilk is excellent. Start with vanilla and progress to the regular kind. It's been a staple of my diet since I went vegan 1.5 years ago.
Old 02-28-05, 02:29 PM
Banned

I'm holding off on Star Wars DVD's until I can just buy the ultra-premium super-duper box set of all 6 movies. There's really little point in buying everything Lucas puts out anyway, since he'll just put out another edition in a year.
Old 02-28-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by sanjoelo
Anxiously awaiting the first "let me spew my opinion of Episode One and/or George Lucas and/or Jar Jar Binks" post...
Originally Posted by Otto
I'm holding off on Star Wars DVD's until I can just buy the ultra-premium super-duper box set of all 6 movies. There's really little point in buying everything Lucas puts out anyway, since he'll just put out another edition in a year.
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

You would think the second fucking post here would SHAME you into holding your tongue.

I too saw the deal on a few different brands of Kellogg's cereals. It was actually Han's picture on the top of the box that causght my attention.
Old 02-28-05, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I too saw the deal on a few different brands of Kellogg's cereals. It was actually Han's picture on the top of the box that caught my attention.
Funny thing is, the cereal box will be worth far more than the DVD in a few years.

Which is fine, because by then we'll be jacking movies directly into our cerebral cortex. Which will make the Leia "steel bikini" scene a whole new experience, no?
Old 03-01-05, 01:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

You would think the second fucking post here would SHAME you into holding your tongue.
You would think you'd read the post itself before just spouting off your ignorant rhetoric. I didn't say one thing about any of the things sanjoelo mentioned.
Old 03-01-05, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 656 Likes on 464 Posts
Actually, Frosted Mini Wheats make a pretty good dry snack . . .

I've heard that Lucas has already ordered the box to be digitally altered so that Greedo pours the milk first . . .
Old 03-01-05, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Wars Ep I DVD has really fallen out of grace since it was going for $30+ on ebay not long ago. I just picked up a fullscreen copy for $5 at a pawn shop, hoping to resell it for a nice profit (not here obviously - though the FS was going for more that the WS) - not realizing it was being rereleased.
Old 03-01-05, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by NCYankee
Star Wars Ep I DVD has really fallen out of grace since it was going for $30+ on ebay not long ago. I just picked up a fullscreen copy for $5 at a pawn shop, hoping to resell it for a nice profit (not here obviously - though the FS was going for more that the WS) - not realizing it was being rereleased.
Okay, I guess I was blissfully unaware of any rerelease. Any info on that?
Old 03-01-05, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Check Amazon - I think it was March 22.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.