(DEAD) Friends Season 9 for $19.99 at Suncoast.com

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Friends Season 9 for $19.99 at Suncoast.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just checked the order status of my Friends season 9, and it said it has shipped. I didn't use the 10% off coupon, maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 03-02-05, 01:28 AM

Nevermind looks like mine got canceled as well. I just got an e-mail with updated status. Oh well I guess I'll just pay $10 more.
Old 03-02-05, 06:43 AM

Do they have anything in their policies or disclosures saying they do not have to honor misadvertised prices? I think they should still have to honor that price.
Old 03-02-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cloudburst
Nevermind looks like mine got canceled as well. I just got an e-mail with updated status. Oh well I guess I'll just pay $10 more.
I didn't receive an updated e-mail, but when I checked status, an e-mail was sent that indicated "zero shipped." Is that essentially what you got?
Old 03-02-05, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boc4ever
I didn't receive an updated e-mail, but when I checked status, an e-mail was sent that indicated "zero shipped." Is that essentially what you got?
That's what I got. No e-mail saying it was canceled, just the e-mail after I checked my status saying "zero shipped."
Old 03-02-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LBCrazyFool
That's what I got. No e-mail saying it was canceled, just the e-mail after I checked my status saying "zero shipped."
That is really strange though. According to previous status reports, it should have already shipped. I guess it didn't ship? Did you check your credit card to see if it was charged?
Old 03-02-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Mine says shipped. Of all the deals though, it isn't like they would go bankrupt if they honored these orders.
Old 03-02-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mediaplay honored the ET box set misprice a few years back. I thought this had a good chance of going through because of past experience...
Old 03-02-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This looks similar to the South Park Season 1 Box Set for $9.99 a few years back in that some orders went through while some didn't (mine got cancelled)
Old 03-02-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine was cancelled. Got an email informing me they were cancelling it due to a mis-price. Oh well. on to the next bargain.
Old 03-02-05, 02:01 PM

Like several posters above -= I didnt receive a cancellation notice until after i logged on to inquire about the order - the site indicated that the item was shipped - seconds later i received a f/u email stating that my order was cancelled. no explanation was given.
Old 03-02-05, 08:17 PM

I checked my order status online (status shipped) and then seconds later also received an e-mail saying my order had been cancelled. I called customer service and they said it was due to a misprice. New price 32 dollars and some change plus shipping. They will be giving 10% coupons out to say sorry. BFD!
Old 03-02-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thats odd. I checked mine and got an email saying it shipped. I guess we will see in a few days. It hasn't hit my credit card yet, so it is doubtful.
Old 03-02-05, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cancelled
Old 03-02-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
It's outrageous that they're actually trying to charge more than 19.99 for a show like Friends. I bet that they would actually have more sets sale at this lower price than at their "regular" price.
Old 03-02-05, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Thats odd. I checked mine and got an email saying it shipped.
Are you sure the e-mail said it had shipped? I noticed that on every one of the e-mails resulting from my status inquiries the last few days, the data under the headings was transposed to the right, so that the "1" that should have been in the "Ordered" column was actually in the "Shipped" column. Ditto for the "Amount," "Backordered" and "Price" figures etc.

To determine the true status from that e-mail, I looked down under the listed shipping address. There appeared initially the statement "Your order did not ship due to BACKORDER ITEMS/S WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT." Later, it changed to "Your order will ship as soon as possible." Now, it says "Your order did not ship due to ZERO SHIP CANCELLED."
Old 03-02-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
It's outrageous that they're actually trying to charge more than 19.99 for a show like Friends. I bet that they would actually have more sets sale at this lower price than at their "regular" price.

uhh, of course they'd have more sales at a lower price but that doesn't mean that they'll make more profit. Lower the set price to $1 and you'll sell even more sets

Price * Units Sold = Total Revenue
Cost * Units Sold = Total Cost
Total Revenue - Total Cost = Total Profit
(Price * Units Sold )- (Cost * Units Sold) = Units Sold (Price - Cost) = Total Profit

E.g. Their cost for Friends is $10. They're price for Friends is $40. At that price, they sell 60 units. 50 ($40 - $10) = $1500 profit

Let's say they change the price to $20 but sales only increase to 100 units. 100 ($20 - $10) = $1000 profit.

I'm neglecting that they have a fixed cost component but my example still shows that just because you sell more units doesn't mean that you make more profit which is ultimately what a company wants to do.
Old 03-02-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got the e-mail sating cancelled!
Old 03-02-05, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by princessducky
Just got the e-mail sating cancelled!
Same here. Oh well... Like I said before, hopefully Best Buy will come through with a deal when you buy more than one. I know they have in the past.
Old 03-02-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

same here....cancelled.....34.99 is correct price

if you ask me, it's 101% total bullshit. These companies need to act responsible and honor their increasing number of "pricing malfunctions." It's getting very old, very quick.
Old 03-02-05, 11:03 PM

Just got the cancellation e-mails -- they sent one for my pending order (which I already knew was cancelled from the status check e-mail)... and another for the first, pre-coupon order I'd placed and then cancelled myself, so I've got 2 10%-off codes to play with, FWIW.
Old 03-03-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jpdude
same here....cancelled.....34.99 is correct price

if you ask me, it's 101% total bullshit. These companies need to act responsible and honor their increasing number of "pricing malfunctions." It's getting very old, very quick.
Me, too. And I ordered mine pretty early, with no coupon. Bummer. Well, maybe I'll just wait on S9 until S10 comes out. BB always has better deals for getting multiple seasons at once...
Old 03-03-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

D'oh. Has anyone's gone through? Just got my email. I thought I might have made it. I guess not.
Old 03-03-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just curious here... I thought I remember hearing that Suncoast was really good about honoring misprices. Weren't they the ones who had the E.T. Collector's Gift Set for $20-something instead of $60 and honored that? (I'm not sure since I don't buy from them.)

If that's right, then I'm surprised they cancelled everyone's Friends S9 order over a much smaller price difference. All I know is when this deal was on I contemplated buying it, but after seeing that Amazon was selling the previous seasons for about $29 each (delivered price), I didn't see a savings of $9 as something that required me to jump on this, especially when I don't own any Friends DVDs. It's one of those few things I'm biding my time and waiting to get them all at once if they ever can be had well under $20 each. It might take years or it might never happen.

I'm just saying I'm surprised to hear Suncoast is cancelling orders over what I see as a small price difference compared to other online dealers. Either my memory about hearing Suncoast was good about honoring pricing errors is wrong or Suncoast has decided they are not going to let pricing errors go through any more.
Old 03-03-05, 10:55 AM

Mine was cancelled as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.