DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hot Shaun/Dawn of the Dead 2 pack at K-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Hot Shaun/Dawn of the Dead 2 pack at K-Mart

K-Mart has it for $15, along with The Terminal & Catch Me if You Can, Van Helsing and The Mummy and Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick. They're in this week's flyer, so you should be able to price match.

Last edited by majorjoe23; 01-30-05 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-30-05, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good deal for people without a fry's
Old 01-30-05, 01:20 PM

I have a Fry's. What's their deal on the 2-pack?
Old 01-30-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by courteous
I have a Fry's. What's their deal on the 2-pack?
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407230 <--Fry's Thread

$14.99
Old 01-30-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was actually thinking of picking up the Riddick 2-pack, but from their website it would appear as though Chronicles is the rated version.
Old 01-30-05, 03:43 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I was actually thinking of picking up the Riddick 2-pack, but from their website it would appear as though Chronicles is the rated version.
Same goes for Dawn of the Dead. The cover in the ad is for the theatrical cut. Does anyone know if they have the uncut version of Dawn as part of the 2-pack as well?
Old 01-30-05, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Same goes for Dawn of the Dead. The cover in the ad is for the theatrical cut. Does anyone know if they have the uncut version of Dawn as part of the 2-pack as well?

i ordered the two pack from cduniverse.com and they had the 2-pack with dawn rated and with dawn unrated
Old 01-30-05, 03:51 PM

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,133 Posts
Is the director's cut really all that worth it? I figure since I can usually only find "Shaun" for $17 and up, this would be a great bargain.
Old 01-30-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome find OP! There wasn't a K-Mart close to me, so I stopped by the nearest Best Buy on my way to work. Price-matched for both Shaun of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead and Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick. $34 and change out the door.

On a side note, is it just me...or are many of the employees at Best Buy total snobs? The guy who rang up my order tried to weasel out of it numerous times. First he said there was no start date on the K-Mart sale. I mentioned to him that the ad was in today's paper, so it must have started today. I then showed him that the sale prices were good through Feb. 3rd. He just kind of shrugged, as if to give me the impression that I wasn't going to get the deal. Then he went and got the manager who was really cool. He quickly glanced at the ad and said to give me the four DVD's for $7.50 each, just like K-Mart had advertised. The snotty little employee kept making little groaning noises as he was ringing my stuff up and saying how I was getting a really good deal. Well no sh**! Dumbass. What does he care if I get the DVD's for a good deal. I mean, it was a good deal. The DVD's rang up for a total of $86 and change before the price-match. The only reason I even went to Best Buy was because I had a gift card. I don't think I'll be going back to Best Buy for quite some time.
Old 01-30-05, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by wennma01
i ordered the two pack from cduniverse.com and they had the 2-pack with dawn rated and with dawn unrated
Ah excellent. Thanks! I'll have to swing by K-Mart and see if they have it.
Old 01-30-05, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Awesome find OP! There wasn't a K-Mart close to me, so I stopped by the nearest Best Buy on my way to work. Price-matched for both Shaun of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead and Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick. $34 and change out the door.
This is a dumb question, but did you pick them up seperately at BB or did they sell the 2-packs there as well? I have some GC there that I'd rather use too.

Last edited by wetsprockets; 01-30-05 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-30-05, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Is the director's cut really all that worth it? I figure since I can usually only find "Shaun" for $17 and up, this would be a great bargain.
Going on memory, which might be fuzzy since I originally saw it in theaters last spring and the uncut version a month ago, but I think the uncut version has a little bit more character development. Mostly though, I think it has more gore. Anyone who's seen it recently, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-30-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here goes kmart once again making people looking for a great deal.

Don't get to confident it's just a wasted trip and wasted gas.
Old 01-30-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a dumb question, but did you pick them up seperately at BB or did they sell the 2-packs there as well? I have some GC there as I'd rather use too.
Not a dumb question at all. I picked up all four DVD's seperately. They didn't have the 2-packs at Best Buy. Still got the deal though. Run Luke Run!
Old 01-30-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only found The Terminal/Catch Me If You Can.....

I smell horseshit!
Old 01-30-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Only found The Terminal/Catch Me If You Can.....

I smell horseshit!
Did you go to K-Mart or did you try to price-match somewhere else?
Old 01-30-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, went to Kmart. Went to other stores...really didn't wanna hassle and try each individually. Not a Kmart fan though....they pull this stuff all the time.
Old 01-30-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the find.
Old 01-30-05, 06:43 PM

I ventured out into the post-ice storm weather to K-Mart for this deal and they actually had it! This is the first time in recent memory (possibly ever) that K-Mart had an advertised DVD deal in stock. They had all of the advertised 2-packs, but I only wanted the "Dawn/Shaun" set, as that's a great price for the unrated "Dawn" and "Shaun".
Old 01-30-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the same as Soze. Price matched the individual SotD and DotD at BB. I already have DotD so I'll just sell it to somebody. That means SotD for about $7.
Old 01-30-05, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Not a dumb question at all. I picked up all four DVD's seperately. They didn't have the 2-packs at Best Buy. Still got the deal though. Run Luke Run!
wow, you got lucky that the manager was nice. I think that the two-pack has a different upc code so he probably shouldn't have given you that deal. Good job!
Old 01-30-05, 07:06 PM

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,133 Posts
Going on memory, which might be fuzzy since I originally saw it in theaters last spring and the uncut version a month ago, but I think the uncut version has a little bit more character development. Mostly though, I think it has more gore. Anyone who's seen it recently, correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure the director's cut is great, but so is this price!
Old 01-30-05, 07:08 PM

I will try to price match at Best Buy and get Dawn Of The Dead theatrical version and Shaun of The Dead. I already have the unrated, so might as well have both.
Old 01-30-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wennma01
wow, you got lucky that the manager was nice. I think that the two-pack has a different upc code so he probably shouldn't have given you that deal. Good job!
Hmmmm...that's interesting. I never even really thought about it. I just figured that as long as they had both movies in the ad, the deal would apply. I guess YMMV when it comes to this deal, but it looks like a few others are getting in on the deal too.
Old 01-30-05, 07:58 PM

Costco has the 2 pack (unrated DOTD) for $16. I bought it there, as Kmart is dead around here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.