Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Incredibles $16.82 at Buy.com 10% coupon & $10 rebate if you buy 2 Disney dvds

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Incredibles $16.82 at Buy.com 10% coupon & $10 rebate if you buy 2 Disney dvds

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it strange that one of the coupon restrictions is that it's valid for in-stock items (items ready to ship out in 1-2 days), yet these various coupons are working on orders for Bambi and The Incredibles. This leads me to believe that somehow the fact that the two Disney DVDs having free shipping is what's causing the system to recognize these titles as being "in stock."
Old 01-22-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lumberjack
I find it strange that one of the coupon restrictions is that it's valid for in-stock items (items ready to ship out in 1-2 days), yet these various coupons are working on orders for Bambi and The Incredibles. This leads me to believe that somehow the fact that the two Disney DVDs having free shipping is what's causing the system to recognize these titles as being "in stock."
That's my impression as well. I think the coupon "programming" is triggering on the free shipping flag - so we actually can use it on Bambi and Incredibles - which is cool.
Old 01-22-05, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eau
Just ordered:
Btw, the rebate requires original Buy.com receipt. Is it the online one you print from your account, or the slip that will be included in the shipment? I hadn't ordered from them for years and don't know if the slip included in the shipment would show prices and be considered a receipt (rather than a packing slip). I hate sending in the wrong thing and get denied of the rebate.
You'll have to print out a receipt from their web site. The packing slip does not include prices.
Old 01-22-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks ..just grabbed Ladder 49 (preorder) and Ghosts of The Abyss for 35.97 (/w $5 off $40 coupon and free shipping), $25.97 after rebate
Old 01-23-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was borderline on this deal, but I checked my email and there was the 10% off coupon (good through March). I couldn't think of anything else to buy, so I just got The Incredibles (which I haven't seen but I hear is good) and Bambi for $32.67 before the $10 rebate. Since these are Disney titles I expect the cheapest they will be at B&M stores is $14.99 each, so if all goes well I'll save about $8. (Now watch Gamestop start the 3-for-1 trade-in promotion on these 2 Disney titles soon.)

I haven't ordered from Buy.com for a very long time. I seem to recall they made it difficult (or worse) to cancel orders, including preorders unless it's weeks in advance. If I change my mind on this (which is very unlikely), is it possible to cancel the order?

The only 2 potential problems I see are:

(1) The rebate terms say purchase "between 1/17/05 and 1/31/05", but will the date of the order be what counts or the date shipped and charged to the credit card? I know Amazon counts the order date and their shipping invoice only shows the order date, but I think most places' invoice will only show the date shipped and charged to the credit card which would be outside the time window if the rebate company wants to get fussy. Given that the Incredibles preorder page clearly showed the $10 rebate as valid, I think that would give me ammo to argue this point if there's a problem.

(2) Buy.com decides to cancel or remove the 10% because the details said only available on in-stock items even though it worked for me and others on this order. I hope they won't be that petty over a few bucks.
Old 01-24-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did The Incredibles with Bambi deal. With sales tax it came to $35.04 which after the eventual $10 rebate makes the 2 just over $25 and a great deal when you are talking Disney movies. It's hard to find Disney movies on sale for $14.99 sometimes and then tax would be added also. Thanks for this great post!
Old 01-24-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My book already arrived, and Incredibles/Bambi still look cool. Haven't used buy.com in a long while, but now that amazon is dead to me with no stl, i'm finding buy has GREAT book prices, and if their shipping is this quick.... then...

(and if Bambi ships two weeks BEFORE Incredibles, then I'll even be more awestruck.)
Old 01-24-05, 09:57 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ordered Incredibles and a disney treasure tin together. Would they ship the tin now instead of waiting til March?
Old 01-24-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is the price no longer $16.82? Coming up as $17.95 for me.
Old 01-28-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those that missed out on the previous coupons, here's one for 7% off for anybody's use, good until 2/5/05 for DVDs, Books, CDs or Video Games.

7% off
Old 01-30-05, 12:20 PM

Since I heard rumors that Gamestop is going to carry The Incredibles (and I joked that they will also carry Bambi) since I preordered these 2 from Buy.com, does anyone have advice how far in advance I would need to cancel my Buy.com preorder?

It has been a very long time (perhaps a year or two) since I ordered from Buy.com, but I do remember then having an unreasonably long lag time like a week, 2 weeks, or 3 weeks before the title shipped. Can anyone who has recently cancelled a Buy.com DVD preorder tell me how early it has to be done?

Unless Gamestop offers both The Incredibles and Bambi, I will probably keep the Buy.com preorder. Theoretically $32.67 - $10 mail in rebate + 37 cent stamp is still cheaper than trading in 6 DVDs (assuming they are worth $5 each) to Gamestop, but rebates are always pain and are never guaranteed.
Old 01-30-05, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by eau
I ordered Incredibles and a disney treasure tin together. Would they ship the tin now instead of waiting til March?
If the tin is in stock, it should ship out early. Mine has already been shipped.
Old 01-30-05, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Since I heard rumors that Gamestop is going to carry The Incredibles (and I joked that they will also carry Bambi) since I preordered these 2 from Buy.com, does anyone have advice how far in advance I would need to cancel my Buy.com preorder?

It has been a very long time (perhaps a year or two) since I ordered from Buy.com, but I do remember then having an unreasonably long lag time like a week, 2 weeks, or 3 weeks before the title shipped. Can anyone who has recently cancelled a Buy.com DVD preorder tell me how early it has to be done?

Unless Gamestop offers both The Incredibles and Bambi, I will probably keep the Buy.com preorder. Theoretically $32.67 - $10 mail in rebate + 37 cent stamp is still cheaper than trading in 6 DVDs (assuming they are worth $5 each) to Gamestop, but rebates are always pain and are never guaranteed.
You were able to order 2 copies of the Incredibles on the same order? I've had good luck with rebate offers from buy.com so unless you mess up on your side of things when you submit the rebate, I wouldn't worry too much about it not going through. Besides, even without the rebate, the difference between the gamestop deal and the buy.com deal is only a few dollars.
Old 01-31-05, 08:24 AM

By 2 I was referring to The Incredibles and Bambi. I've never bought more than 1 copy of a DVD in my life.

The way I look at Gamestop trade-ins is I'm getting as much for each DVD as the lowest B&M store price that week, and that's typically $14.99 or $15.99 (but for Disney DVDs you never know), so I figure Gamestop is worth $5 per DVD. So to me The Incredibles and Bambi are worth $30 + tax, which is about what Buy.com is without the rebate, and if I get the rebate I did better.

However, I have 6 DVDs to trade in now and nothing that I want (besides Shark Tale which I already did and The Incredibles), so I keep hoping Gamestop will have some other decent choices someday. Pocahontas and Cinderella are the only 2 titles currently on my want list (obviously that will change), so chances are slim Gamestop will do those. I know nothing about Ladder 49 and Spongebob.
Old 02-27-05, 01:57 PM

Now that my Bambi has shipped from Buy.com, I re-read the $10 rebate coupon carefully and this thread.

It says "copies of the UPC codes". I'm glad we don't have to cut the package up, but is that a copy of the UPC code (not the Proof of Purchase tabs) on the back of the outside slipcover or on the back of the DVD case inside the slipcover, or does it not matter?

Did anyone resolve the question about the "original Buy.com receipt"? In this thread, it sounded like the online receipt showing the purchase date is what they wanted rather than the packing invoice that will come with each DVD in the mail that will probably show the ship date outside the 1/17/05 - 1/31/05 timeframe. The online receipt is not an "original" to me. Anyone could print up fake Buy.com receipts, so it seems like the "original" packing invoice would be the only way the rebate place could tell you really bought them at Buy.com (because packing invoices are usually on unusual paper the average person wouldn't have), but then the dates would be wrong.

I probably should've done the Toys R Us deal instead if they pricematch Fry's at $14.99. Of course it's too late now. It's funny how when I didn't preorder Mary Poppins, $19.99 was the cheapest price at any stores on release week, but since I preordered Bambi it's readily available at stores for $14.99 or $15.99. I expect the same will be true of The Incredibles.

Last edited by Manzana; 02-27-05 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-06-05, 09:29 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure that the "original Buy.com receipt" is the online one that you print yourself.
Old 03-06-05, 11:03 AM

I called the rebate company too, and the person wasn't certain about anything specific to this promotion. She pretty much just agreed with everything I said. Should I do this? Yes. Can I do this? Yes...

The end result of that waste of time call was just to send in everything (the original packing invoices, the printed online receipt, copies of UPCs of both the outside covers and insides). It'll probably waste 2 stamps instead of 1 with all those papers. Well, I have to go through with it now since all the other Bambi deals are over and Toys R Us was too far to be worth driving in traffic to save a few more bucks.

eau, you and I may be among the few who are doing this Buy.com $10 rebate. It was scary that when my Bambi showed up, it was on my front doorstep with the package opened. I think it was delivered to someone else's house who I'm lucky was honest enough to drop it by after opening it (but not opening the Bambi DVD inside).
Old 03-06-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
copies of UPCs of both the outside covers and insides)
why would you need copies of both of those UPCs? They're the same thing pretty much.

Just send in one copy of the UPC for each DVD....no need to send in so much.
Old 03-12-05, 11:05 PM

My copy of Incredibles was delivered yesterday. Cool, I actually receive a dvd before its Tuesday release.
Old 03-13-05, 09:34 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 930 Likes on 779 Posts
Originally Posted by cynthia
Coupons do not work for all people, apparently.
i hate bigoted coupons...no sale!!!!
Old 03-20-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Manzana -

all my rebate stuff is sitting in an envelope, going out tomorrow.

I included:

The rebate thing filled out.
A COPY of the back cover of Bambi which has the UPC
A COPY of the back cover of Incredibles which has the UPC
A printout of the "original invoice" that buy.com will print.

I did NOT include anything else, but I did write in "list price" as 29.99 on both items to show they were both above 19.99 as the rebate coupon specified.

Now let's see how long it takes. I'm putting in a reminder alarm in my calendar for May 20.
Old 03-20-05, 11:08 PM

Seeker, thanks for writing. I was preparing my rebate to mail in the next few days. I'm still concerned about the "original Buy.com receipt" because the only originals they send you are the invoices. It sounds like you're not sending the original invoices but only the printout of the receipt. I'd prefer to do the same as you because that will save me from having to use 2 stamps. You copied the back cover UPCs... is that the UPC on the sliding jacket or the UPC on the DVD case? I'm going to use the DVD case because that one shows the little POPs that rebate companies normally like people to send in.

Weeks ago I had called the rebate line, and the person I spoke to was clueless. She said when in doubt send everything which would require 2 stamps for postage.

It sounds like you and I may be the among the few who are doing this rebate. I wouldn't have bothered with Buy.com if I could've known about the great in-store Bambi and Incredibles deals on release day, but once Buy.com shipped the orders I figured it would cost me more in postage to return them, so I might as well do the rebate.
Old 04-08-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I HATE REBATES! Gotta figure out who to call. I was afraid they'd try something like this (as noted in my 3/20/05 message)

Buy.com Disney DVD $10 MIR
Rebate Number 057725
Promotion Type Rebate
Submission ID 53996004
Status We are currently unable to approve your rebate for the reason listed below.

The list price (excluding tax) of each Disney DVD purchased must be $19.99 or more.

You will receive a letter or postcard describing this problem. The letter or postcard may have instructions on how to correct this error.
Old 04-08-05, 03:25 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Their product page clearly states the List Price right after their sale price. Perhaps a printout of the page would clarify the mistake for them?
Old 04-08-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

buy.com is screwing with me as well

this is the 3rd rebate in a row with buy.com that's been sent in correctly, but they're fucking morons.

We are currently unable to approve your rebate for the reason listed below.

We did not receive a sales receipt with your request.

You will receive a letter or postcard describing this problem. The letter or postcard may have instructions on how to correct this error.
bought two movies, included both sales slips..I think they do this on purpose..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.