Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

arrested development s1 $22.99 at target

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arrested development s1 $22.99 at target

deal lasts only for a few days. didnt see anyone else post this (lock it if someone did). not great savings, but the lowest i've seen.
Old 12-22-04, 11:27 AM

Nice deal! I have been meaning to pick this up. Thanks!
Old 12-22-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I noticed this too... a day after paying 29.99 for it a target, got them to price adjust the next day

This is a damn funny show, must be the Jeffrey Tambor magic...
Old 12-22-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I also picked up "4400 Season One" for $9.99
Old 12-22-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I also picked up "4400 Season One" for $9.99
Is it really that cheap? I might have to get that.
Old 12-22-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by longroad
deal lasts only for a few days. didnt see anyone else post this (lock it if someone did). not great savings, but the lowest i've seen.
You can delete your own thread if you wanted, if it was a duplicate. Just click edit, and there is a checkbox to delete.
Old 12-22-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just to throw in my $.2, this is DEFINATELY worth a blind buy foo those that are on the fence. I would rate this as one of the top three funniest shows of all time, and the BEST TV on DVD show available at the moment for a comedy (this comes from a serious TV on DVD fanatic). I got it for a few bucks less then this price during the BN deal a few weeks back, but in retrospect, I would have paid full retail if I had known how wonderful this show is. Go buy it!
Old 12-22-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a blind buy for me as well....and i'm lovin' it!
Old 12-22-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When is this on sale through? Planning on doing some shopping at Target Thursday and it would be great if it was still on sale? Anybody know?
Old 12-22-04, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MvRojo
Is it really that cheap? I might have to get that.
It was nineteen ninety-nine at my Target. Or $8.80 with a Family Guy Vol. 1 raincheck.

I'd never seen the show before, but it sounded interesting enough to pick up at that price.
Old 12-23-04, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't watch much regularly-scheduled television shows. I had heard about this, and read some reviews on Amazon. Someone described it as a cross between Family Guy and Curb Your Enthusiasm. (For the record, I don't get too much of the Family Guy vibe, other than the fact that it deals with a family. I do, however, see some parallels to Curb Your Enthusiasm).

So, I decided to purchase the first season box set at BBV with some credit I received from turning in DVDs. This was during their $8-minimum sale.

Blockbuster was selling it for the ungodly price of $34.99. However, after watching this show this show in it's entirety, I think I would gladly pay this price -- if need be -- just to own the 2nd season.

I very much enjoyed this show, and consider it one of my best blind buy purchases.
Old 12-23-04, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by badger1997
When is this on sale through? Planning on doing some shopping at Target Thursday and it would be great if it was still on sale? Anybody know?
I think -- and this is through my own experience and speculation -- that sales of these sort usually last for a week. So, probably until Saturday.

I went and bought Return of the King: EE at Walmart as a Christmas present for my brother. It was at the great price of $22.87. I decided to go back for some other DVD purchases yesterday (Tuesday) to buy for someone else. I haven't bought ROTK for myself yet, and I figured I should take advantage of the price while I can. Unfortunately, they had changed the price to $29.99 that day.

I talked to a sales associate and he told me that they do this every Tuesday, to make way for the sales of that week's new releases -- which, of course, are on Tuesdays.

So, I guess it depends. But I saw it on sale this past Tuesday at Target, so I'm thinking you're good for that price 'til at least Saturday.
Old 12-30-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Damnit. I guess I missed out. I didn't buy it because it was at the top of my Christmas list. Guess what wasn't under the tree. I guess I will have to settle with STL on this one.
Old 12-30-04, 08:46 PM

If you can wait, it might end up in a Fox Season 1 sale for $14.99.