Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

For those that haven't cashed their rainchecks @ Target from Black Friday...

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this applies for any black friday deal they had @ target for boxsets that still arent in stock. i took a raincheck on buffy s7 (sale price 62% off) that hasnt been re-stocked. anyways, since this item wasnt available, they gave me my pick of ANY boxset at target for 62% off. i walked away with carnivale at a little over $30.

if you havent cashed in your raincheck yet, there are alternatives. just ask....
Old 12-14-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have started a thread like this in the past and have gotten a similar response as I have put below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted. We've decided that the way you propose to use "rainchecks" amounts to defrauding the company. Closing thread. - Static
Old 12-14-04, 02:32 PM

are you kidding me?

hey teddy, thanks for the heads-up, but thats ridiculous. is static a mod here? no ones trying to defraud anyone. i didn't walk in there demanding or even asking for compensation. it was target's suggestion and their policy. how would this be "fraud"?
Old 12-14-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree but many people on here agree that it is dishonest to get a raincheck (especially if you weren't ever going to buy the item out of stock) and then use it for something else. I went there once they were out of a movie i was looking for and picked up the raincheck when I read the print at the bottom it said subsitute for anything else in the department and get 28% off. So I wrote about my experience and severl people went off. Just letting you know. Yes Static is a MOD here. I agree with you.
Old 12-14-04, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a huge difference between taking in a raincheck on a product you actually wanted and using it to subsitute for a dvd that is commonly out of stock or they don't think they will be getting, and purposely seeking out of stock items to get rainchecks with the intent of redeeming them for the items you actually wanted. (if any of that makes sense) That is the moral dilemma in question.
Old 12-14-04, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by teddydogg
when I read the print at the bottom it said subsitute for anything else in the department and get 28% off.
oh i see. i didnt know this was in the fine print. but even still, dont see how this is any worse than price-matching a misprinted advertisement.
Old 12-14-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by longroad
oh i see. i didnt know this was in the fine print. but even still, dont see how this is any worse than price-matching a misprinted advertisement.
It isn't really fine print it just say you can subsitute for a like items i.e; Dvds for Dvds, CDs for CDs
Old 12-14-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have opened this back up, and changed the topic a little bit as well. Please don't turn it into a "this is not ethical" or "you are cheating the store" ..