Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Kmart 4 for $16

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kmart 4 for $16

Didnt see this posted anywhere and although many of you probably seen it in the paper, Kmart has 4 DVD's for $16. Some of the titles included duplex and out of time which I think is at hollywoodvideo right now with the 4 for $20 used deal. It didnt show all the DVD's availible does anyone know which ones there is for this deal?
Old 12-12-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did this start today?
Old 12-12-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

These might make good stocking stuffers.
If someone with the ad would please post which titles are included.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-04, 11:13 AM

Well on Kmart.com they have the ad. It's page 3 and says something about assorted titles but shows pictures of:

Duplex
The Fighting Temptations
Nick & Jessica Variety Hour
Out of Time (Denzel Washington)

This link might work: http://kmart.crossmediaservices.com/...0&pagenumber=3
Old 12-12-04, 12:12 PM

Kmart did something like this for black friday, and all the titles were horrible. Good luck finding the titles they list on the ad!
Old 12-12-04, 02:56 PM

Went into Kmart today, girl in electonics department said she did not know which of the titles were 4 for $16 because they didnt send her a list, but she would scan any that I wanted and she would see if they were on sale. Thanks alot.
Old 12-12-04, 04:04 PM

Its the regular $4.99 dvds that are on sale for 4 for $16, the same ones they occasionally run 5 for $20. Most of the time they don't have the pictured titles but every K-mart I've been in lately has had the Nick and Jessica one
Old 12-12-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not again!

Don't bother going there because there is nothing. It's just a trick.

And yes they did the same thing Black Friday sale and they didn't have anything they advertised.
Old 12-12-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

K-Mart hardly ever had anything they advertised. Which is odd as they get the damn paper weeks in advance. The department managers at the local K near me are horrible when it comes to ordering inventory.

No communication between upper management and middle management.

I know i worked there when I was 16 cause my girlfriend did.

I hated telling fifty people that we only had one of the 19 inch tvs that is advertised in the paper and I already sold it.
Old 12-12-04, 08:56 PM

I'm glad the don't have them, since I just paid $13 at Wal-Mart for Duplex (my mom wants to see it, so I got it as a stocking stuffer).
Old 12-12-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothin' special at my Kmart... I bought Mind Meld, a Williams Shatner/Leonard Nimoy interview special. For 4 bucks I figured I'd give it a try. Otherwise, nothing even remotely tempting... And definitely no mainstream titles like the ones pictured...
Old 12-12-04, 09:55 PM

Sounds like I need to check some more K-marts. I'd like to get MindMeld, neither of the ones I've been t had it. I did find the DVD 100 girls at one of them though. There is good stuff and some real bargains, but usually theres maybe one of the pictured ones available. Its a assortment of liquidated DVDs that they sell for $4.99. I don't know how they pick what to show in the ad. Theres a few titles that every K-mart seems to get for these sales, but most of the disks are odd ball stuff that I'll only see at one out of the 3 local K-Marts. It wouldn't surprise me if a store out there somewhere didn't get the ones pictured in the ad. Like I said Every one I've been to had the Nick and Jessica one.
Old 12-13-04, 12:08 AM
Cool New Member

Shockingly, my local K-Mart has plenty of all 4 titles in the Ad. I might pick up "Duplex" if I can get over my hate for Drew. I would tell anybody to pick up "Out Of Time" at this price. Also a lot of "Bad Pack" for those people trying to finish their Roddy Piper movie collection.
Old 12-13-04, 06:24 AM

I was able to get a Canadian version (Lions Gate) of Stephen King's THE TOMMYKNOCKERS mini-series for $4.00. It's a "flipper," though, with half of the series on one side and the remainder on the other side.
Old 12-13-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kar10
Not again!

And yes they did the same thing Black Friday sale and they didn't have anything they advertised.
My thoughts exactly. I don't even bother with these Kears sales anymore.
Old 12-13-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
I realize that these ads are submitted for printing months in advance, and that it is impossible to accurately predict which titles you will and won't have. But come on! K-Mart is obviously baiting and switching on these ads! They keep advertising mainstream titles and then when you go in they have the same cheapo public domain crap that they always have! Then they fall back on "Well, the ad does say assorted titles."

Last time they goofed and people did find Harry Potter and Jurassic Park (at full price that they had to price adjust).

(Is this payback for the $6 rainchecks a few years ago?)
Old 12-13-04, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Nothin' special at my Kmart... I bought Mind Meld, a Williams Shatner/Leonard Nimoy interview special. For 4 bucks I figured I'd give it a try.
This is the interview where Shatner farts while interviewing Nimoy, right?
Old 12-13-04, 09:10 PM

"Can't you just already hear the uneducated masses complaining in a few years: "Hey... why do I have these ugly gray bars on the side of my new widescreen TV when I watch all my DVDs that used to fill the whole frame?"

That is such a stupid comment (from someones signature above)
Old 12-17-04, 01:28 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found a copy of Lion King 1 and 1/2 with the $4.99 sticker. It looks like it's been opened though since there is no title sticker on top or security sticker on the side/bottom, and the shrinkwrap didn't look professionally done. Is it worth buying?

I also saw Touching the Void with the $4.99 sticker. Again, no stickers on all side and poorly shrinkwrapped.
Old 12-17-04, 01:50 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
K-Mart is obviously baiting and switching on these ads! They keep advertising mainstream titles and then when you go in they have the same cheapo public domain crap that they always have! Then they fall back on "Well, the ad does say assorted titles."
If you get there when they're put out, you can usually find a good title or two. For instance, my store had no less than 5 Lion King 1 1/2 dvds when we opened at 7. They were all gone by 9am. Just because you come strolling in around 3:30 on a Monday expecting there to be tons of copies does not equal bait and switch. You do also realize that most people don't want the 300 $2 public domain ones that are sitting in the boxes so that's why there's plenty left. And yes, assortments do vary. We didn't get the ANY of what was featured in the 4 for $20 ad. We got quite a few unadvertised deals of ones we have sitting on the shelf for $9-$16. YMMV.

I also wonder, have you worked at any sort of place like this?
Just curious.

And Eau, yes, the Lion King 1 1/2 is worth buying.
Old 12-19-04, 02:43 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by conscience
The department managers at the local K near me are horrible when it comes to ordering inventory.
Most chains no longer allow individual stores to order. Most of them now have corporate buyers that order for every store. By doing this they have one large order and much cheaper per unit price.

Last edited by madguy; 12-19-04 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-19-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kar10
Not again!

My Kmart has never had any of the popular titles during any of these sales...I've come to just ignore them. If I'm in the store I'll browse the cheap titles but inevitably they wind up being public domain, cheesey garbage. They ain't got nothin' on the Walmart $5.50 bin, thats for sure.