Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy B&M Spidey 2 Superbit deal (3 Superbits for approx. $40): YMMV?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy B&M Spidey 2 Superbit deal (3 Superbits for approx. $40): YMMV?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word yet on when this deal will expire?
Old 11-30-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The people working there doesn't know about the deal. I almost gave up when I saw the yellow strip on the shelf describing the deal.

I got:

Spiderman 2
SWAT
Blackhawk Down (Free)
Old 11-30-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Centurion
Any word yet on when this deal will expire?
Someone over at HTF said they saw a sign stating that the sale ends on December 11. Obviously this will be the best week to pick up Spidey 2.
Old 11-30-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 231 Likes on 159 Posts
No one @ the Houston Galleria store knew about the deal. I didn't see a marketing promos for it either.

Also, are Dracula and Air Force One SB OOP??
Old 11-30-04, 07:45 PM

I went back to the store after being there this morning and hearing and seeing nothing of the deal. The deal worked for me. I picked up Spiderman, Spiderman 2, and Bram Stoker's Dracula SB. I can also confirm, like the others, that the order you present the discs is important. The computer will confirm the deal to the cashier with a big gray box and remove the price of the last title scanned, so make sure it's the most expensive. Thanks, Dah Dee!
Old 11-30-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i managed to get both spideys and cliffhanger for about $31 or so. that is what pushed me over the edge as to what version of spidey to get.
Old 11-30-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, nice deal...but I already own most of the regular and/or SuperBit versions of the movies I want....

oh well, I still may do it since I want Spider-Man 2
Old 11-30-04, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Dorsalphin
Just wanted to thank Dah-Dee for posting this one. I would've never known about it otherwise.

Me too. I picked up Spidey 2, Guns of navorone and Bad Boys 2. I would not have picked up Bad Boy2 but I had all the other titles in one form or another. Three superbits for 42.20 after tax is a solid deal! For anybody getting spidey 1 and spidey 2 with another title be sure and present those 2 first to the cashier. As stated before, its the order that matters! BTW, Lawerence of Arabia (superbits)is a great movie for those of us who can enjoy a slower pace movie. I would recommend it if anybody is unsure about a third title!
Old 11-30-04, 08:48 PM

Can anyone confirm trying to get 2 or 3 of the SM2 DVDs? I'd like them as gifts, but I have a long drive to get to BB to find out.

Also, mods you can probably remove "YMMV" from the thread title now.
Old 11-30-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by candyrocket786
No one @ the Houston Galleria store knew about the deal. I didn't see a marketing promos for it either.

Also, are Dracula and Air Force One SB OOP??
No sign @ the Pasadena/Fairmont store either, but the deal worked. Couldn't find Spidey2 SB easily & almost gave up, but I finally found it - even the in store computer kiosk said it was "unavailable".

Just remember - highest priced DVD S/B last in stack to get best discount (like typecase said).
Old 11-30-04, 10:08 PM

Great deal. Thanks OP.
Old 12-01-04, 12:18 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks OP. The store did not have any signs indicating this sale. Sales people didn't know anything about it. I picked up 3 DVDs (Spiderman2 and 2 others) and had the cashier ring them up at the register. All 3 DVDs rang up for a total of $56+. Then the register showed the special superbit promotion and the cashier applied it and voila! 3 DVDs for the price of 2. Very good deal.
Old 12-01-04, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went back to Best Buy today at 8pm, but they were already sold out of the Spidey 2 Superbit edition. Damn. Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.
By the way, in Tucson (East store), they had the shelf tag describing the sale in the "Action" section of the DVD shelves. Right below the Spidey DVDs.
Old 12-01-04, 04:17 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie isn't a Superbit title, is it?
Old 12-01-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by eau
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie isn't a Superbit title, is it?
No, and it doesn't even have a DTS track (which apparently sometimes results in Sony grouping non-Superbits with Superbits), so I don't know how it ended up inm this promo.... but there it is. Happy shopping!
Old 12-01-04, 08:42 AM

I got...

Spidey 2
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Underworld
Old 12-01-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
I knew about the sale from this thread when I went in yesterday to BB. While I was searching for the Once Upon a Time in Mexico SB, I overheard an employee at a table near the DVD section explaining the deal to someone. After I got all three I wanted I went up to him and asked if we need a coupon or something, just wanted to make sure the cashiers knew about the deal, he said no and as I was walking to the line I saw him go up to the cashiers and make sure they knew about the deal.
He was holding the strip they put on the shelves to advertise the special (should have had more on the shelves, only saw one-but at least they were being proactive about it) and showing it to people as they were looking at the choices of Spiderman on the table.
Old 12-01-04, 10:52 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the deal!!

To anyone getting HOOK Superbit make darn sure thats the last one they ring up as it is priced at $24.99 !!!

I went a little nuts and ended up with 13 DVDs and spent over $150 (went a little overboard), LOL!

Spiderman 2 2 disc set with bonus disc, DD Director's Cut, Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore set, Spiderman 2 SB (3 of them), Guns of Navarone SB, HOOK SB, Bad Boys 2 SB, Starship Toopers SB, S.W.A.T. SB, Cliffhanger SB

Most DVDs I have bought at one time in I don't know how long, uggh!

Thanks again!!

Greg

Last edited by GCS; 12-01-04 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-01-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by GCS
Thanks for the deal!!

To anyone getting HOOK Superbit make darn sure thats the last one they ring up as it is priced at $24.99 !!!

I went a little nuts and ended up with 13 DVDs and spent over $150 (went a little overboard), LOL!

Spiderman 2 2 disc set with bonus disc, DD Director's Cut, Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore set, Spiderman 2 SB (3 of them), Guns of Navarone SB, HOOK SB, Bad Boys 2 SB, Starship Toopers SB, S.W.A.T. SB, Cliffhanger SB

Most DVDs I have bought at one time in I don't know how long, uggh!

Thanks again!!

Greg
Wow! You went ahead and bought that many Superbits?

I suggest not to open them since after this deal who knows best buy might offer the same deal without having to buy spiderman 2.
Old 12-01-04, 12:45 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kar10
Wow! You went ahead and bought that many Superbits?

I suggest not to open them since after this deal who knows best buy might offer the same deal without having to buy spiderman 2.
Its not a problem, The other 2 Spidey Superbits are X-mas gifts so I just benefited from the deal is all.

Greg
Old 12-01-04, 01:46 PM

I'm in Houston tx, this morning I got
spider man 2
Cliffhanger
the mask of zoro

Some days later I plan to return the cliffhanger, so I get two sb for 17.99+tax, have someone done this?
Old 12-01-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by truelies
spider man 2
Cliffhanger
the mask of zoro

Some days later I plan to return the cliffhanger, so I get two sb for 17.99+tax, have someone done this?
I'm pretty sure some people here have done it, but it is highly advised to not talk about it.
Old 12-01-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

spider man 2
Cliffhanger
the mask of zoro

Don't surprised when they deny you a refund. They will recognize this as a B2G1 deal. I would suggest you not try it.

Last edited by kayak99; 12-01-04 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
spider man 2
Cliffhanger
the mask of zoro

Best Buy has a way around this. When you return one of the three out of the set, you'll get no money back...and you'll lose the one you returned.
Old 12-01-04, 02:42 PM

Its attitudes like this that can cause stores to stop giving us good deals like this.

This is a great deal! Lets not try to cheat them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.