Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

168-DVD Tower (Black or Natural) at OFFICE MAX for 24.99 (half off!!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

168-DVD Tower (Black or Natural) at OFFICE MAX for 24.99 (half off!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already own one of these {usually on sale for $29.99 at OfficeMax} and I used two metal L brackets on the back to support the top and bottom more securely...

Just bought another one today...
Old 11-24-04, 03:40 PM
Banned

or you could build your own..
Old 11-24-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually picked up one of these yesterday as well, before even seeing this thread. I was actually looking for a larger storage unit to house the horror/sc-fi (about 350 or so) segment of my collection, but seeing the good deal on this unit, I went for it instead. I'm using it for my TV box sets, which are outgrowing the bookcase I was using.

I do agree with the poster above that these are a little on the chintzy side and don't have the greatest eye appeal. But they should do well on a strictly utilitarian basis.

For those who might want enclosed storage, I would recommend the Carina cabinets, which hold about 190 disks and have lockable doors. They usually sell for $59.99, but are often on sale for $49.99 each. A real pain to put together, but they look pretty decent. I have three of them, and they house a good portion of my collection, which is divided up by genre.

I still need a REALLY large capacity one for all of those horror/sc-fi's. I will probably eventually have to go for a larger wall unit.
Old 11-24-04, 05:35 PM

I just went to my local OM tonight and it was $29.99. Decided not to get it.
Old 11-24-04, 07:25 PM

Dmacsg1 — you have excellent taste. I bought 3 in black also LOL. But I have to disagree with you about the middle partition. I really really appreciate it when these assemble-it-yourself bookcase units are thoughtful enough to provide a stabilizing partition. This makes the unit stronger. As for the odd unused space . . . well it will come as no surprise to those of you who read my posts, I have, er, a, um, book or two (ahem) in need of a berth. One of the units is going to sit on my bedstand, and I have the usual odds-n-ends that I'm going to tuck into shelves. For me, the odd shelf thing isn't an issue. I never met a shelf I didn't like LOL.

Hello Ms. Peach!!

I was reading your post and just remembered seeing a shelf about the same size at Media Play that did not have a middle partition running down it. That appealed to me more than the shelves I have now...but oh well! I still like them and if I had room I would probably get one more.

Don't feel bad!! I set other things on my DVD shelves other than DVD's as well!

The top shelves on my units which sit on either side of my entertainment center hold my right and left speakers for my sound system.

I have many sword and knight related things that decorate my shelves as well!

But now with Christmas coming...the wife is claiming every available inch for all of our Christmas doodads!

One quick question....did I understand your first post corectly:
Are they phasing these particular shelves out?
If so then I will have to go ahead and pick one up!
They don't take up much room when they are still in the box!

Take care all!!!!
Old 11-25-04, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by Sex Fiend

For those who might want enclosed storage, I would recommend the Carina cabinets, which hold about 190 disks and have lockable doors. They usually sell for $59.99, but are often on sale for $49.99 each. A real pain to put together, but they look pretty decent. I have three of them, and they house a good portion of my collection, which is divided up by genre.

Where does one purchase these Carina cabinets? I am only interested in enclosed storage for my dvds. I have a rather nice living room and feel it would be sort of tacky to have all my dvd spines visible. Am definitely interested in finding these Carina cabinets you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 11-25-04, 03:11 PM

Thanks Miss Peach, but in this case i've seen them and it's "You pay for what you get" dissapointed especially with the nice pictures
Old 11-25-04, 07:32 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Looking for something not quite so humble? Really want to fit that collection out? Okay, in my various travels I found this site which, as far as I can see, distributes something for everyone in DVD Furniture (and that's furniture furniture for the discriminating DVD-er). An excellent selection of upscale storage here.

My tower looks fantastic just for the record and I'm beyond pleased.

PEACH
Old 11-25-04, 10:00 PM

thanks for the link found two i'm interested in

http://www.storeyourmedia.com/Produc...ductid=4301-03

http://www.storeyourmedia.com/Produc...ductid=MA-0960