Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best place to trade in DVD's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place to trade in DVD's?

Whats the best deal out there for trading DVD's? I have a bunch and don't fancy the hassle of selling them on ebay.
Old 11-05-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad you just missed out the BBV $8 deal. But they still take trades and they will give $5.
Old 11-06-04, 12:06 AM

Any other thoughts on this?

FYI - I just traded in a whole bunch to two different places - secondspin.com and digitaleyes.net. My first experience at trying this, so I can't offer any feedback.
Old 11-06-04, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Secondspin is great. Also try uzed.com and spun.com to see who gives you the best prices.
Old 11-07-04, 09:26 AM

Gamestop(at least in my area) has a dvd trade in promotion going on right now. You can trade in 3 dvds and preorder one of the following:

Shrek 2
Elf
Spiderman 2
Dodgeball
I-Robot
The new Harry Potter Movie

You can also just trade in 3 and get an extra 30% of what they would normally give you in store credit.

Not the greatest of deals, but it is another option.
Old 11-07-04, 09:14 PM

Does blockbuster have those $8 trade in every once in a while or was that like a one time thing?
Old 11-07-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by dmpre99
Does blockbuster have those $8 trade in every once in a while or was that like a one time thing?
this was the first time that they had it. Who knows if they'll do it again. The minimum is now $5 at BBV.
Old 11-08-04, 01:41 AM

You can also try Wherehouse.com to trade in your dvd's (or cd's, for that matter). They only give you trade in value, but often the price is more then $5.
Old 11-08-04, 01:47 AM

what's gamestop's policy on trade-ins?
- what they'll accept?
- how much store credit they'll give you per dvd?

i got alot dvd titles of crap i was suckered into double-dippin...
that store credit would go nicely towards a nintendo ds.

- wing
Old 11-08-04, 01:24 PM

If you have them in your area, Movie Trading Company is the best place.

I took a movie there last week, and got $8.50 credit, which the salesperson said is their new standard deal. And she told me to watch for a coupon in an upcoming "shop-rite" mailer, which will be good for $50 credit on 5 DVDs traded in. A nice bonus is that they take CDs in trade as well.

While their prices aren't always as good as the BBV 2/$20 or 3/$25, they have a HUGE selection.

Last edited by Richard Stern; 11-09-04 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-08-04, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Richard Stern
If you have them in your area, Moving Trading Company is the best place.

I took a movie there last week, and got $8.50 credit, which the salesperson said is their new standard deal. And she told me to watch for a coupon in an upcoming "shop-rite" mailer, which will be good for $50 credit on 5 DVDs traded in. A nice bonus is that they take CDs in trade as well.

While their prices aren't always as good as the BBV 2/$20 or 3/$25, they have a HUGE selection.
There is one of these opening in my area within the next month or so.
Old 11-08-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have them in your area, Moving Trading Company is the best place.

You might be talking about Movie Trading Company ?
Old 11-08-04, 03:39 PM

$8.50 standard must be some sort of promotion they are doing in Colorado. In DFW, they just ended the promo for 1/2 off used titles priced up to $16.99 with a trade-in (which works out to a max of $8.50 credit on a used title), and now they have a store-credit system that offers 20% more than the cash-back price on trade-ins.
Old 11-09-04, 11:55 AM

I used Gamestop in the past, during a free shipping promotion. They were quite slow (took about a month), but the money came through OK.

I recently used Digitaleyes.net, though, and found them to be great. I think they give really good prices b/c they only issue store credit. Which is fine...

N
Old 11-15-04, 02:57 PM

An update: sent two boxes out on the same day... one to secondspin and one to digitaleyes...

I now have a check from secondspin in hand (about 1.5 weeks after I sent off the DVDs).

I have heard NOTHING from digitaleyes...
Old 11-15-04, 03:31 PM

Quick side not, how are they for VHS movies? Yeah I know, but I still have a bunch that I want to get rid of.
Old 11-15-04, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by Big Worms
Quick side not, how are they for VHS movies? Yeah I know, but I still have a bunch that I want to get rid of.
I have the same problem. I have boxes of old VHSs that I am looking to sell off. I already tried a couple local stores and they wouldn't take them.

If I had the time, I would try to ebay them.
Old 11-15-04, 08:37 PM

I'm pretty sure Movie Trading Company WILL take VHS, since they have a huge selection of used for sale. I have no idea how much they'll pay, but something is better than nothing.

Richard
Old 11-15-04, 10:32 PM

Has anyone had trade-in experience with CD Tradepost? They have stores in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, and I believe a store in Florida.
Old 11-15-04, 10:43 PM

I'm pretty sure Movie Trading Company WILL take VHS, since they have a huge selection of used for sale. I have no idea how much they'll pay, but something is better than nothing.

Richard
I called them up. They do take VHS tapes. They give anywhere from .19 to 2.00. I will have to take in my boxes. Like you said anything is better than nothing.
Old 11-20-04, 11:35 AM

I took a movie there last week, and got $8.50 credit, which the salesperson said is their new standard deal. And she told me to watch for a coupon in an upcoming "shop-rite" mailer, which will be good for $50 credit on 5 DVDs traded in.
My coupon arrived this week. I've already taken in my first five, and plan to go back in today (you can only use one coupon per day).

In the same mailer, there is also a coupon for $5 off $50 when you use your "Cooler Than Cash" card.

Both coupons are good through 11/29/04.
Old 11-20-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does Gamestop frequently (all year long) do promotions like this trade-in-3-DVDs and get a new release? Or is this a Christmas-time only thing?

I'm hoping I can count on this going forward because it's hard enough locally to get $5 trade-in for most DVDs, and as long as they take Walmart/Best Buy bin stuff it's equally cheap to buy stuff blind from the bin, watch it, and if I don't like it trade it in than to rent it for $1.
Old 11-21-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tylerwillis
An update: sent two boxes out on the same day... one to secondspin and one to digitaleyes...

I now have a check from secondspin in hand (about 1.5 weeks after I sent off the DVDs).

I have heard NOTHING from digitaleyes...
Yeah, it takes about a month from when DigitalEyes receives your package until they finally credit your account, which does seem a bit long. BUT DigitalEyes also has great prices on new DVDs and coupons almost every month. So, it is worth the wait.
Old 11-21-04, 01:44 PM

I called them up. They do take VHS tapes. They give anywhere from .19 to 2.00. I will have to take in my boxes. Like you said anything is better than nothing.
You could donate them to a library for a tax write-off.
Old 11-27-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by abintra
Has anyone ever heard of a site called popfuzz? I thought I saw it mentioned in this thread but now can't find the post.
I've been looking at places to sell my audio cds, and I am considering secondspin.com for that. They buy dvds too, not sure of their pricing. That popfuzz place looks downright frightening. I wouldn't trust that they'd ever give me any money after receiving the goods.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.