DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free Shrek 2 DVD with signup of Blockbuster Online Rental DVD Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Shrek 2 DVD with signup of Blockbuster Online Rental DVD Service

http://www.blockbuster.com/homepages...rek2&nav=false

read all the little fine print before you sign up..
Old 10-25-04, 12:43 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Fine Print:

Receive an e-coupon redeemable for Shrek 2 when you sign-up for BLOCKBUSTER Online™. Offer ends 12/5/04. Coupon redeemable at participating BLOCKBUSTER® store locations while supplies last. Please allow 3 days for receipt of your e-coupon. Offer valid for first time online subscribers only

*2 Free in-store rentals: Separate in-store membership required. In-store membership rules apply to in-store rentals.

**Up to 3 movies out at a time. Requires payment of monthly membership fee.
BLOCKBUSTER Online rentals must be returned no later than ten (10) days past the expiration date of your membership to avoid additional charges. See terms and conditions for complete details.
Old 10-25-04, 12:55 PM

So can I sign up for the free 30 trial, get the free DVD, and cancel?
Old 10-25-04, 02:08 PM

No, when I went to sign up now, it refered to it as the "Shrek 3-dvd at a time for $17.99" plan.

So I'm assuming that the free trial doesn't work with this offer.

Its not a bad deal - maybe I'l take a break from Netflix for a month...
Old 10-25-04, 03:19 PM

Old 10-25-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the page where you put your credit card info is probably secure, but if you want your name/address to be secure as well, just put a s after the http (https://www.etc)
Old 10-25-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a way to use a BBV Gift Card (say, purchased by using credit on a Value Card) in order to sign up for this?
Old 10-25-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bhauge
Is there a way to use a BBV Gift Card (say, purchased by using credit on a Value Card) in order to sign up for this?
Excellant question. Just what I was thinking.
Old 10-25-04, 03:43 PM

Did anyone actually get an e-coupon for joining. When I joined I didn't get a coupon and called them. When they finally answered, they stated that the e-coupon is for a free rental and I said okay and figured I misread it.

Then when I saw this thread and clicked that link, it sure looks like to me that you are getting a free copy of the movie to keep just for joining. The reason I think this is that it doesn't say free rental, and it also says that the copies will be behind the counter while supplies last.

If they were rental copies, it wouldn't be while supplies last right?
Old 10-25-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by TheR3AP3R
Did anyone actually get an e-coupon for joining. When I joined I didn't get a coupon and called them. When they finally answered, they stated that the e-coupon is for a free rental and I said okay and figured I misread it.

Then when I saw this thread and clicked that link, it sure looks like to me that you are getting a free copy of the movie to keep just for joining. The reason I think this is that it doesn't say free rental, and it also says that the copies will be behind the counter while supplies last.

If they were rental copies, it wouldn't be while supplies last right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look below

Originally posted by dgc
Fine Print:

Receive an e-coupon redeemable for Shrek 2 when you sign-up for BLOCKBUSTER Online™. Offer ends 12/5/04. Coupon redeemable at participating BLOCKBUSTER® store locations while supplies last. Please allow 3 days for receipt of your e-coupon. Offer valid for first time online subscribers only
give them 3 days..
Old 10-26-04, 06:36 AM

Actually, my wife signed us up on the 20th and I was told yesterday that the promotion for the free Shrek 2 started 10/25. They said I wasn't eligible because the free DVD is in place of not having to pay for the service for two weeks.

If you sign up now, you will get Shrek 2, but you are billed immediately vs. getting two free weeks of unlimited rentals plus two e-coupons for free rentals in store.

Oh well, I will have to get a copy myself.
Old 10-26-04, 12:34 PM

So is it WS or full frame version?
Old 10-31-04, 06:49 PM

So did anyone get the free Shrek 2 dvd?
Old 11-02-04, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by bhauge

No - they want your credit card so they have something to continue charging if you don't cancel.

I had already emailed them about this and got the answer from a rep.
Old 11-02-04, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by missflores
So did anyone get the free Shrek 2 dvd?
I just signed up yesterday and received an e-mail about an hour later with a link to print out the e-coupon. I printed it out and will take it up to Blockbuster on Friday to pick up my free copy. There are no listed restrictions regarding full-screen or widescreen, so I'm assuming I can just pick up the widescreen version and hand them the coupon.
Old 11-02-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, my wife signed us up on the 20th and I was told yesterday that the promotion for the free Shrek 2 started 10/25. They said I wasn't eligible because the free DVD is in place of not having to pay for the service for two weeks.

If you sign up now, you will get Shrek 2, but you are billed immediately vs. getting two free weeks of unlimited rentals plus two e-coupons for free rentals in store.
I think you still get the 2 free rentals. They are printed from within your account, and are included with all memberships...
Old 11-03-04, 11:35 AM

Can someone help me out and email me a link or the photo for the coupon - my kids and I thank you.
Old 11-05-04, 10:48 AM

I did the Blockbuster deal but got Spiderman2 instead. I'll update as to what I hear.
Old 11-05-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

UPDATE- FOR THOSE INTERESTED.

UPDATE:

I received my copy of Shrek 2 today for FREE! I went in and had my choice of Widescreen or Fullscreen. I chose widescreen of course.

It is not a dulled down version. It had a price tag of $21.99 on it. Cost me zilch!

As far as the rental service goes with taxes I have been charged $18.68 and all 3 of my movies have already shipped and should be in my mail box when I go home.
Old 11-05-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone help me out and email me a link or the photo for the coupon - my kids and I thank you.
The coupon are 1 time only and they have the subscribers name on them.

Sorry.
Old 11-05-04, 04:38 PM

Re: UPDATE- FOR THOSE INTERESTED.

Originally posted by TechiChick
UPDATE:

I received my copy of Shrek 2 today for FREE! I went in and had my choice of Widescreen or Fullscreen. I chose widescreen of course.

It is not a dulled down version. It had a price tag of $21.99 on it. Cost me zilch!

As far as the rental service goes with taxes I have been charged $18.68 and all 3 of my movies have already shipped and should be in my mail box when I go home.
Same thing here. The people at Blockbuster were wondering where I got the coupon. They had no idea about the online deal.