OutFoxed DVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OutFoxed DVD

continued from this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...light=outfoxed

I actually submitted my info before reading that the deal was "dead". I even got the "Sorry but we can't continue this offer...." message.

Today in the mail I recieved my kit composed of a thank you letter, a postcard, a talking points flyer and a flyer I'm supposed to put up somewhere in the invisible college I attend.

Oh, also included was a copy (slightly crushed) of Outfoxed.

There's no UPC so kiss those blockbuster trade in dreams away.
Old 09-30-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Recieved mine as well today, anyone watch it yet?
Old 09-30-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine in the mail today too.
Old 09-30-04, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by xfilekr
Recieved mine as well today, anyone watch it yet?
I have, and I wasn't really impressed. There were a few nice points, but a lot of really thin arguments. The highlight for me was O'Reilly's "interview" with the son of a 9-11 victim, and then watching O'Reilly's on-air explanation of the interview morph every time he tells it until finally, a year later, his version seems to be from some other entire reality.

But on the whole I wasn't very impressed, and political spectrum I'm a guy who falls just to the left of Noam Chomsky.

Last edited by Son-volt; 09-30-04 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-30-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I plan to watch it. But, from the papers sent with it, it just looks like more liberal hogwash. Fox may lean right, but no more than the others lean left. If, it is infact factually and changes my mind, I doubt it, I will recommend it to my friends and let them borrow it.
Old 09-30-04, 10:13 PM

I started the original thread and also received my dvd today. I'm planning on watching it this weekend. Glad to see others received their dvds as well.
Old 09-30-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Like most partisanship (right and left) it has its truth and its fiction. It was interesting, but I already knew O'Reilly was insane and lived in a different reality. You just have to watch his show a couple of times to pick up on that.

The DVD covers things I have read in other places about FOX, some of their points are on and many of them are a real stretch. In a sense the people accusing FOX are using the same techniques they accuse the right of using. If anything though this DVD just reinforces my view that all partisanship is bad whether its FOXs or the makers of this DVD.
Old 10-01-04, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine today. Thanks to the OP!
Old 10-01-04, 10:47 PM

Got mine even after being told it wouldnt come!
Old 10-01-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my copy yesterday!
Old 10-02-04, 12:10 PM

Also got mine yesterday. Thanks to OP!
Old 10-02-04, 04:34 PM

Got mine yesterday. Thanks to the OP.
Old 10-03-04, 10:59 AM

Oh come now Fox dosen't lean way right?

WASHINGTON (Oct. 1) - Fox News apologized Friday for posting phony quotes from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its Web site.

Google will turn up the whole article for you.
Old 10-04-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A pox on Fox!
Old 10-04-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Case01
Oh come now Fox dosen't lean way right?

WASHINGTON (Oct. 1) - Fox News apologized Friday for posting phony quotes from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its Web site.

Google will turn up the whole article for you.
No worse than Dan Rather and CBS using phoney documents to support a story against Bush.
Old 10-04-04, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
I got the disc, but it was loose in the case and scratched to hell and my players won't read it! I got my computer to read the disc file though so I can make another copy and hopefully that'll work.
Old 10-05-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by speedyray
No worse than Dan Rather and CBS using phoney documents to support a story against Bush.
Actually, Dan was worse and still has not admitted any wrong doing.

I know for a fact that Dan Rather is a big liberal. My government teacher (former Texas state legislator) was good friends with him and told our class.

Most journalists in the media lean left. Fox just has a very opinionated network when compared to others. I find them fair and balanced as they advertise.
Old 10-05-04, 02:50 PM

I have, and I wasn't really impressed. There were a few nice points, but a lot of really thin arguments. The highlight for me was O'Reilly's "interview" with the son of a 9-11 victim, and then watching O'Reilly's on-air explanation of the interview morph every time he tells it until finally, a year later, his version seems to be from some other entire reality.
Sound like Kerry's campaign platform...ROTLFLMAO.
Old 10-05-04, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by RockStrongo
Actually, Dan was worse and still has not admitted any wrong doing.

I know for a fact that Dan Rather is a big liberal. My government teacher (former Texas state legislator) was good friends with him and told our class.

Most journalists in the media lean left. Fox just has a very opinionated network when compared to others. I find them fair and balanced as they advertise.
I'm not sure you can say the Dan Rather thing was worse. True, the documents may not have been genuine, but Rather didn't know that at the time, and the story behind the documents still seems to be correct.

The Fox news thing on the other hand was something completely made up out of thin air, and something that revealed the political leanings of the reporter who wrote it, as well.

As for the Outfoxed video, I thought it was ok. The production values were actually not great, and I think the editing, etc could have been better. But some of the footage was very eye-opening (for someone like me who never watches Fox News).
Old 10-05-04, 07:18 PM

the Rather thing couldn't have worked out better for Bush. the media got all sucked up in the fact that Rather got taken for an embarassing ride with the forged docs, instead of following the story of what was in the docs which has yet to be disproven. 9/10 people out there probably didn't even see the story to begin with, I know I didn't. Bush is banking on the fact that people will discount the allegations because of the fake docs, but I'm giving the American people more credit than that and they will see him for the lying chickenhawk that he is.
Old 10-05-04, 07:50 PM

I think you guys need to ease up on the rhetoric. There are other forums for that on this site. As it is, people giving their opinion on this flick is outside the scope of the DVD Bargains forum enough as it is (myself included). Slinging crap back and forth about the candidates most assuredly is going to get this thread locked the second a mod looks in here.
Old 10-05-04, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by speedyray
true, let's not just blame fox but rupert murdoch makes it all the more easier to hate.