Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Bestbuy: 20% off DVD coupon in Madden coupon book

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestbuy: 20% off DVD coupon in Madden coupon book

I was at Best buy today. They have coupon books out on the shelf that are free when you buy Madden 2005.

Inside is a coupon for 20% off any dvd. I was picking up the Chappelle show anyways, so it saved me a few bucks. I believe the coupon was limited to 3 dvds.

If you can find one of these books at your store, it may be worth a little cash for you.

I didn't purchase Madden 2005, so you shouldn't have to either.
Old 08-19-04, 09:29 PM
Banned

so i can just go and get the book? i remember my bro took a coupon book for the nintendo gamecube and you had to buy something to get it so is it easy to take. Your post wasn't clear to me, i can just buy a dvd and get it?
Old 08-19-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry if I was unclear - my keyboard has been going a little crazy.

The coupon books are just out on the shelves. I saw one, flipped through it, then used one of the coupons for my dvd. They are advertising it as a "free madden coupon book" when you buy madden, but they seem available to anyone regardless of purchase.
Old 08-19-04, 09:48 PM
Banned

Wow thanks alot...okay. Lawrence of Arabia Superbit for 18 sounds good to me...

one last question um' if you asked the employee for the book(if you couldn't find it) would he cough it up or would he give you the **** off look and imply you have to buy madden? Are the books by the Movies Cashier, front cashier... etc.,

thanks in advance...
Old 08-19-04, 09:48 PM

I got this coupon book this past week when I was buying the Scorsese set because the person in front of me bought Madden and forgot the coupon book. But in mine anyway every coupon is good from 8/1/04 through the end of the year except the DVD one which says it expired 12/31/03. Is that just a misprint then? I wasn't even going to try to use it since it said it was long expired, but now that I think about it that doesn't make a damn bit of sense that it would be expired.
Old 08-19-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the expiration date was screwed up as well. If I remember correctly, I think it said 03/06/04. Considering the book just came out, how could it be already expired?!?!

Bestbuy is notorious for having expired coupons in their store. The one good thing is that they'll always honor them though. I used the Netflix ones for more than a year after they expired. Rule of thumb, if it's in the store, the coupon is valid.

I found the coupon book next to Madden 2005 in a special rack just outside the video game section. The cover is white and black and says "Coupon Book for Madden 2005".
Old 08-19-04, 11:11 PM
Banned

Um my dad just went to BestBuy and he said he saw the coupon book but you had to buy a magazine, and the magazine was 10 dollars, but then after said it was 15 dollars, can someone please elaborate im pretty sure he didn't look to well and didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I live 25 minutes from L.A and i don't think it matters east or west coast whether or not they would have the book. Does anyone know of this "magazine"?

I hate this shit ask somebody something and they come home empty handed, it always comes down to me having to go.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-04, 11:24 PM
Banned

Okay... it seems the "magazine" is actually the Madden 2005 strategy guide, it also seems you can get the coupon book with the purchase of madden 2005... one thing though is its INSIDE the game... wtf?... The you guys at your local bestbuy have this but then could also get the coupon book seperatly?

tia
Old 08-20-04, 12:56 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks! I will check it out.
Old 08-20-04, 01:57 AM

I was browsing the game section and they had the coupon books sitting out there for anyone to grab.

Grabbed 3 anime boxsets :-). Talk about savings.....

Your results may vary...but I have no trouble getting the books in two seperate locations
Old 08-20-04, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is it 20% regular prices, or sale prices aswell
Old 08-20-04, 07:16 AM

Nice, thanks.

The Scorsese set for $40 sounds like a deal to me.
Old 08-20-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This book was just out on the shelves for me. I didn't think that I had to buy anything. I picked one up, flipped through it, and took it home. Simple as that. Well, after using the DVD coupon first.

shaggy - I think it said regular prices only, but I am not positive about that. I've got to go back to Best Buy today (my Chappelle show disk 2 was scratched), so I'll pick up another book to let you know.
Old 08-20-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Stunna-88
Nice, thanks.

The Scorsese set for $40 sounds like a deal to me.
Yes, but Amazon's price with STL is better $37.75 and no tax
Old 08-20-04, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

Received 692 Likes on 463 Posts
Picked one up and used it today. It does work on sale items and box sets also. Expiration date was not a problem, it scanned cleanly.

Also of note, it says good for 3 dvds at the bottom of the coupon, but make sure you have the cashier scan the coupon for each DVD you have or it will only take 20% of the first one. I didn't notice until I finished checking out and had to get it corrected at the customer service desk.
Old 08-20-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok - got another book.

It is good on any in-stock item, up to 3 dvds. The expiration is 3/6/04, but you won't have a problem using it.

They had a whole box out at my store today. So, I'd look around at your local store, chances are they'll have them.
Old 08-21-04, 12:01 AM

Oh, if you can use it on sale DVDs that is incredible. I'm planning on getting volumes 2, 3 and 4 of Futurama this Tuesday, so I'm going to give that a whirl. That'd average out to $25 a piece - great deal if it works.
Old 08-21-04, 12:14 AM
Banned

thanks alot spankyj but whoever i send to look for it are freakin' morons and can't find it, it seems im gonna have to go.
Old 08-22-04, 10:41 AM

This is HOT for BB. The books are just laying around the store on endcaps. I got the Dragons Lair 20th anniversary SE 3 DVD for $27, Snatch Superbit Deluxe for $16, & Donnie Darko for $7.99. Nice.
Old 08-22-04, 10:52 AM
Suspended

BTW, I checked out the coupon.

The fine print is the typical fine print. Which is to say, that you technically CANNOT use the coupon on sale items or any other offer.

If you are able to use it as some have reported, it will be YMMV. So, follow your usual "locate cashier who is smart enough to handle the coupon, but not smart enough to read the fine print" strategies.
Old 08-22-04, 11:44 AM

Awesome deal - picked up Goodfellas SE for a cool $12.79. I'm thinking about going back this week to stock up on coupons for future releases.
Old 08-22-04, 12:14 PM
Zee

How long will the book be available? I'd like to pick one up but don't know if I can make it to BB before the end of the week.
Old 08-22-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by The Cow
Also of note, it says good for 3 dvds at the bottom of the coupon, but make sure you have the cashier scan the coupon for each DVD you have or it will only take 20% of the first one. I didn't notice until I finished checking out and had to get it corrected at the customer service desk.
Maybe why it didn't work for me for me 2nd & 3rd discs (which were both "Buy 2 for $20 discs). I only ended up getting the Sledge Hammer box set for 20% of what I paid for it there a week or so ago - which I thought was a great deal. Luckily I kept the first receipt.

Since the woman couldn't get the coupon to work (and read the back where it said that it wasn't good in conjection with other coupons or sales), she gave it back to me, so I'll try again latewhen I return my full price Sledge Hammer.

Oh, the Best Buy I went to was in West LA/Santa Monica and had a stack of coupon books for the taking
Old 08-22-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I looked around my closest BB and could not find these booklets. Finally did what I hate most (ask a BB employee a question) and was given a very blank look. She had no clue. End of search!
Old 08-22-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally posted by CMorningStar
thanks alot spankyj but whoever i send to look for it are freakin' morons and can't find it, it seems im gonna have to go.
calling your dad a moron. thats hot...

Thanks to the original poster for this deal, hopefully they'll be some books when I look this weekend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.