Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Box Set: $30AR / Free Shipping (Preorder)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Box Set: $30AR / Free Shipping (Preorder)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by reefa
I'm somewhat in the same boat, I cancelled my order (went for the Gamestop offer), they acknowledged my cancelling, yet a) I got a copy Monday night and b) I have yet to be charged anything from them. I've got the unopened copy from Gamestop just in case.
I hope that boat is big enough for three of us, because I attempted to cancel three weeks ago - it was never acknowledged, I received my set on Monday, and I have yet to be charged.
Old 09-24-04, 05:15 AM

Originally posted by Eric F
Now they are obligated to give everyone who reads this forum a refund.

Talk about opening a can of worms...

jbtech- Which email address did you get a response from?
[email protected]
Old 09-25-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just slice around upc code slightly with knife and peel the barcode off carefully. exposing the remaining cardboard. simple
Old 09-25-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by NCYankee
I hope that boat is big enough for three of us, because I attempted to cancel three weeks ago - it was never acknowledged, I received my set on Monday, and I have yet to be charged.
I just got charged for it last night, so I guess I'm returning my sealed copy.
Old 09-25-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by reefa
I just got charged for it last night, so I guess I'm returning my sealed copy.
Same here.
Old 09-25-04, 03:12 PM

Here's another reply that someone on Fatwallet received to his letter:

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. Regarding your issue, you have
indicated that question. Yes, please be so kind to send the photocopy of the original upc barcode.

The receipt, along with your name, your complete mailing address, and the Rebate ID at the top of this e-mail, may be mailed, faxed or scanned in jpg or pdf format to:

Rebate Special Services
PO Box 028516
Miami FL 33102-8516
OR
Fax Number: (800) 886-8370
Please allow 48 hours to process your fax.

We appreciate your participation in this promotion. If there is
anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at
[email protected]. We are always happy to help. You can also track
the status of your rebate, using the Rebate ID above, at
www.RebatesHQ.com.

Rafael
Promotions Customer Service
Old 09-25-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I take that to mean we must each get individual authorization via said rebate ID number to do this - or are they making a blanket exception for this rebate?
Old 09-25-04, 04:43 PM

So I take that to mean we must each get individual authorization via said rebate ID number to do this - or are they making a blanket exception for this rebate?
I can't answer that. The contents of this letter is all I know, but they are clearly saying something different in many of the letters we've seen posted.

I really don't understand why they don't just change the terms of the rebate--with the receipt, they have proof of purchase, with the packing slip, they have proof of delivery, so a copy of the UPC should suffice. It's probably as Jah-Wren suggested above; they hope that people won't cut the UPC and claim the rebate.

However, the fact that they are giving direct credit to some, and allowing at least one person to send a copy of the UPC would seem to contradict this.

I guess it's ymmv at this point. I suppose it would be quite possible to edit the text of the message I posted above into an email, print it, and attach it to your rebate form (with a copy of the UPC), but again, ymmv.
Old 09-26-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's the email response I got today from a parago rep -

Dear xxx:

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. We are pleased to inform you that you may send us a copy of the UPC barcode in place of the original and we will be happy to process the rebate for you. For your records, be sure to make a copy of your submission before placing it in the mail.

You should then receive your rebate per the terms and conditions listed on the coupon.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at [email protected]. We are always happy to help.

Be sure to visit our website at www.RebatesHQ.com for future rebate opportunities.

Junior
Promotions Customer Service

Needless to say, I'll be putting a copy of this email in my submission paperwork - JIC.
Old 09-26-04, 05:00 PM

Outstanding, that's (at least) the second one. Hopefully they'll allow this for everyone...

Thanks for the post, Jester.
Old 09-27-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Make that three.

If you want to email a request to them, make it clear that you have NOT yet sent the rebate in, or you will get a reply telling you that they cannot find your submission etc etc.

Also include the promotion number from the rebate form.
Old 09-28-04, 11:59 AM

Can someone tell me what the order confimration (in the rebate) refers to? I never received an e-mail confirmation and their customer service is terrible. I asked that a copy of the confirmation be resent. The first time they said I would receive a shipping confirmation Shortly. I didn't think the shipping confimration would suffice as the rebate says order confirmation, so I sent another e-mail indicating that I just wanted the order confirmation and they must have misunderstood my request. They never responded to that (depsite being given a tracking number). So I sent a third e-mail indicating that their customer service was poor and again requested that a copy of the order confirmation be resent. I got no reply to this inquiry either.

Does anyone have any information whether the order page from the website or the shipping e-mail would suffice as an order confirmation?
Old 09-28-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by grham09
Can someone tell me what the order confimration (in the rebate) refers to? I never received an e-mail confirmation and their customer service is terrible. I asked that a copy of the confirmation be resent. The first time they said I would receive a shipping confirmation Shortly. I didn't think the shipping confimration would suffice as the rebate says order confirmation, so I sent another e-mail indicating that I just wanted the order confirmation and they must have misunderstood my request. They never responded to that (depsite being given a tracking number). So I sent a third e-mail indicating that their customer service was poor and again requested that a copy of the order confirmation be resent. I got no reply to this inquiry either.

Does anyone have any information whether the order page from the website or the shipping e-mail would suffice as an order confirmation?
I had the same problem and below is the email I received from them. When I sent in the rebate I sent the packing slip and and a copy of my sales receipt form theeir web site. I hope that was okay. There email was not really clear to me:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting coconuts.com.

This email is in response to your order #********. We apologize
for any difficulties you have experienced with your order. You
have successfully placed an order with us. For details on the
confirmation you can view the invoice of your order. You can
print a copy of your receipt by clicking on 'My Account', found
at the top of each page on our Web site.

After you log in, select the order you'd like to view, then click
on the 'view receipt' button found underneath the listing of
your ordered item(s). You can print the receipt by using the
Print command from the File menu in your browser.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for writing to us.

Sincerely,

The Coconuts Shop
shop.coconuts.com

coconuts.com
Old 09-28-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When you are placing the order, and it says "Print this page for your records" - do it. I don't trust email confirmations - sometimes they don't get through, get accidentally deleted, or get sent to your spam folder where they automatically get deleted after a certain time. Always good to have a hard copy.
Old 09-28-04, 01:31 PM

I am so turned off by a lack of response from Coconuts.com's customer service regarding the rebate that I have simply returned the Star Wars set to them upon delivery.

I had also emailed Parago, but no response from them neither.

If I had received any confirmation from them that a copy of the UPC code would have been fine for the rebate, I would have gladly kept it.
Old 09-28-04, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have had quick response from Parago every time I have emailed them - within 12 hours, usually less. Are you checking your "bulk mail (spam)" folder?
Old 09-28-04, 01:59 PM

It had been almost a whole week since I've emailed them.

Talk about strange coincidences. Ten minutes after I dropped the package off at the post office to be returned, I finally get an email from them that reads:

Hello,
A credit has been issued in the amount of $15.00 on 9/28/2004
towards your original payment method in lieu of the rebate.
Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for your bank
to apply the credit to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Customer Support

I had to scramble back to the post office to get my package back. I guess I'll be keeping it after all.
Old 09-28-04, 02:39 PM

Wow! Good going for retrieving the package from the post office. I'm surprised they let you have it. The way things normally work, you would have received that email tomorrow.

And a thumbs up to Coconuts for resolving this. (Hopefully they'll take care of everyone in a similar fashion.)

If you want to avoid the rebate hassle the next time, you might also want to consider using Deep Discount DVD's price matching policy. That's what I did and my total was $34.89 which was within a $1 of the Coconuts deal, once you add in my local state sales tax. (This will of course vary with where you live.)

Bob

Originally posted by consoleman
It had been almost a whole week since I've emailed them.

Talk about strange coincidences. Ten minutes after I dropped the package off at the post office to be returned, I finally get an email from them that reads:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Customer Support

I had to scramble back to the post office to get my package back. I guess I'll be keeping it after all.
Old 09-28-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bob_F1

If you want to avoid the rebate hassle the next time, you might also want to consider using Deep Discount DVD's price matching policy. That's what I did and my total was $34.89 which was within a $1 of the Coconuts deal, once you add in my local state sales tax. (This will of course vary with where you live.)

Bob
That would have been great - if I could have talked them into taking the $50 GC I bought at FYE to get the free $10 GC.
Old 09-28-04, 02:52 PM

I understand.

Bob

That would have been great - if I could have talked them into taking the $50 GC I bought at FYE to get the free $10 GC.
Old 09-28-04, 03:17 PM

Thanks very much everyone, I will give the order confirmation from their website a try and also enclose my shipping e-mail and invoice. Hopefully that will work.

I guess sometimes rebates aren't worth the hassle.
Old 09-28-04, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Bob_F1
Wow! Good going for retrieving the package from the post office. I'm surprised they let you have it. The way things normally work, you would have received that email tomorrow.

And a thumbs up to Coconuts for resolving this. (Hopefully they'll take care of everyone in a similar fashion.)

Bob
Yes, I was worried the post office wouldn't give me my package back, but luckily they did.

I didn't know DDD pricematch on rebate prices too. I would gladly use them to avoid these rebate hassles for sure.

And yes, I am glad Coconuts finally resolved this. I was losing hope there that they would do anything.
Old 09-28-04, 03:55 PM

As a general caution, price matching can sometimes be a "your mileage may vary" type of thing.

Per the instructions on the DDD web site, I sent them links to the Coconuts deal and they emailed me back an approved total of $34.89. I wasn't sure they would honor the rebate discount until I got their reply. But I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

They did not match the 10% Off Coconuts discount but I didn't expect that since their policy states "DeepDiscountDVD.com will not match competitors' coupons. "

Bob

I didn't know DDD pricematch on rebate prices too. I would gladly use them to avoid these rebate hassles for sure.
Old 09-28-04, 04:45 PM

Yes, I was worried the post office wouldn't give me my package back, but luckily they did.

And yes, I am glad Coconuts finally resolved this. I was losing hope there that they would do anything.
Agreed, sometimes rebates are more of a hassle than they're worth. I will say that Transworld/Parago are typically hassle-free.

As far as Coconuts customer service--I'd have to give it a "so-so" rating thus far. Considering that they opened at the end of July, I'm sure they're having some startup pains. I can forgive that, if things improve in the future.

What I do find bothersome, though, is the inconsistency. One person emails, they credit them. The next one emails, they say "sorry, you have to send the UPC." The third email, they say "sure, you can send a copy".

Granted, the "sorry, you have to send the original UPC" replies are coming solely from coconuts.com themselves. The "good" replies are coming from rebateshq/Parago. But somebody should have grabbed this bull by the horns, arranged a conference call, and laid one policy down for both companies (like someone at Transworld, whom I copied on my email along with Parago and coconuts.com.)

I'm sure they've been overwhelmed by this, but it was also a golden opportunity to really impress their customers right out of the gate. Someone really dropped the ball.

Nonetheless, I wound up with a great deal on the Trilogy. Hopefully a lot of you did as well.
Old 09-28-04, 06:45 PM

I guess the squeaky wheels get the rebates! I just got this message from Coconuts:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Customer Support

Cool!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.