Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free DVD and Game Rental Trials and Offers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-04, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blockbuster Video online phone ##??

Anyone have BB Video's online rental phone # ..
I've had some problems & they are ignoring my e-mails now.....

PS I had Rounders SE , Species SE & Club Dread DE in my queue for months & when they finally released they sent the original non SE versions..
Old 10-28-04, 09:44 AM

Good luck... I always got a busy signal when I tried to call about a dvd I returned but they never received:

"If you need additional assistance with your request, please contact our Blockbuster Online Rentals Customer Service at
1-866-692-2789.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST"
Old 11-01-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone post a like to the "cooper" code page? I am not able to see the box to enter it no matter which browser I use.
Old 11-06-04, 03:54 PM

If you still have the free blockbuster trial you can go to the cancel my account page and it offers you another free month i just did it

We're working to improve our delivery times and product availability! Before you say goodbye, let us offer you one more month of service FREE. Click the button below and select the 1 Month Free option to give us another chance.
Old 11-06-04, 09:58 PM

It might pay off to recheck your Blockbuster instore coupons. My free trial is up on the 20th and I printed those 2 initial coupons when I started so I wasn't going to look again but I just checked today and I have 2 more that expire on the 30th. Maybe the month rolling over to November triggered new coupons...
YMMV but that makes 4 coupons for me this month.
Old 11-07-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by nick490172003
If you still have the free blockbuster trial you can go to the cancel my account page and it offers you another free month i just did it

We're working to improve our delivery times and product availability! Before you say goodbye, let us offer you one more month of service FREE. Click the button below and select the 1 Month Free option to give us another chance.
My free 4 week trial expires Monday and I was going to cancel but got the same offer. I will stay another month for free. But I was curious if BB sent you an email to confirm the extension of the free trial period for another month? So far I haven't received anything, and nothing on the site indicates I accepted the offer extension.

Originally posted by Space_Monkey
It might pay off to recheck your Blockbuster instore coupons. My free trial is up on the 20th and I printed those 2 initial coupons when I started so I wasn't going to look again but I just checked today and I have 2 more that expire on the 30th. Maybe the month rolling over to November triggered new coupons...
YMMV but that makes 4 coupons for me this month

Had the same thing with my account. I wonder if they will give me 2 more for extending my free trial another month? Or at least if I do cancel at the end of this upcoming trial period I may be able to pick up 2 more coupons. At least it something to look for before quitting.
Old 11-07-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Space_Monkey
YMMV but that makes 4 coupons for me this month.
I just checked and I have 2 new coupons also - Thanks !!!
Old 11-07-04, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by nick490172003

My free trial expires in a week and I was going to cancel and try netflix. I will keep my fingers crossed I get the extra month offer too.

Thanks !!!
Old 11-08-04, 06:43 PM

I just checked my blockbuster account and I have two extra coupons too. They're probably doing this because of their new policy which allows customers to rent video games with the ecoupons. The two first coupons were generated before this change and can only be use to rent DVDs.
Old 11-09-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked my account today and found Blockbuster gave me two more free rental coupons since I extended my free trial over the weekend. I now have 4 coupons, plus another month of free rentals.
Old 11-11-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It appears the extra coupons were no accident according to the following email I received from Blockbuster tonight. Also some information about trying to improve service and shipping times for rentals.

Introducing faster shipping and more copies of the movies you want to see.

Because of loyal members like you, BLOCKBUSTER Online™ has surpassed our growth expectations. While we're thrilled so many movie fans have turned to BLOCKBUSTER Online, The Movie Store At Your Door™, we know our rapid growth may have impacted our service to you.

We recognize the need to continuously improve and we are taking the following steps to do just that:

FASTER SHIPPING

The U.S. Postal Service will now notify us when the envelope containing the DVD you are returning has been scanned in. This means we will send you your next movie before we actually receive the returned one. This means quicker turnaround times for you.

We are adding 10 new shipping locations in the coming months to speed more movies to your door.

MORE COPIES

We are buying more copies of both new releases and old favorites. This should reduce the time you wait for your favorite titles to ship.

PLUS, 2 BONUS E-COUPONS

We appreciate you using our service while we work to make improvements. We have added TWO E-Coupons to your account. These coupons are in addition to the coupons you receive every month, and they can be redeemed for FREE in-store game and movie rentals at participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores.

Get your E-Coupons now and treat yourself to a DVD, VHS or game today. Again, thank you for supporting BLOCKBUSTER Online as we continue to improve our service.
Sincerely,

Shane Evangelist
Senior Vice President and General Manager,
BLOCKBUSTER Online
Old 11-12-04, 04:51 AM

Just went to cancel a few days early since my 3 movies were in transit anyway and found the extra month offer. YEAH !!!! Another free month and probably 2 or 4 more coupons. SWEET!
Thanks to the original poster on the cancel notice.
Old 11-18-04, 06:08 PM

Wow! I got 6 In-Store coupons from Blockbuster. 2 from monthly regular coupons, 2 Bonus E-Coupons and 2 more for complaining. Yes, you get coupons for complaining! I complained about having to wait for 3 months for a title on permanent short/long wait queue. I think I will go find somemore to complain.
Old 11-23-04, 03:55 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have a question, my father joined the online membership of blockbuster and got the 2 free e coupons, but he does not have BB membership, i am wondering would i be able to use his e coupons, even though his name is on it or does he have to go to blockbuster and become a member. thanks any help would be appreciated
Old 11-23-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure the e-coupons are non-transferable. I signed up for the trial a few months ago and looked in to giving them away because I don't have a blockbuster within 100 miles. But I think the fine print said they were non-transferable.
Old 11-24-04, 07:55 AM

There isn't a Blockbuster near here, so I sent my coupons to a friend. She changed the name within the URL and had no problems using the coupon.
Old 11-25-04, 10:08 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by taronga
There isn't a Blockbuster near here, so I sent my coupons to a friend. She changed the name within the URL and had no problems using the coupon.

how did she change the name
Old 11-28-04, 08:42 AM

Anyone have any luck with Gameznflix?? I' stuck between them and Blockbuster. I like having the coupons to use for in store rentals.
Old 11-28-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone been able to get a third free month of rentals out of Blockbuster? For the heck of it when I was checking my account last week I clicked the cancel link and it still had an extra free month of rentals offer listed. I didn't cancel because I have about 2 more weeks left on my current free trial on my second month.

And also wondering if Blockbuster has increased the number of movies they are allowing out at a time? I currently have 2 at home but they shipped 2 more out of my queue instead of one. The terms of my membership still says they allow three out at a time but I currently have four. Maybe they made a mistake but I was curious if this happened with anyone else.
Old 11-30-04, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by ruk
how did she change the name
If you look within the coupon URL it'll say like "john+doe". Just change that to whatever name you need.
Old 12-08-04, 01:35 AM

edit: nm

Last edited by garyb; 12-08-04 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-08-04, 12:48 PM

LASERMOVIES asked:
Has anyone been able to get a third free month of rentals out of Blockbuster?

I just cancelled after two free months of rental, but no offer for a third free month appeared. I have read that some received a 3rd month free so maybe you might get it when you cancel. Good luck!
Old 12-08-04, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by jlee32
LASERMOVIES asked:

I just cancelled after two free months of rental, but no offer for a third free month appeared. I have read that some received a 3rd month free so maybe you might get it when you cancel. Good luck!

I had got 2 free months and than canceled last night with no offer for anything else. For me Netflix beats Blockbuster hands down.
Old 12-09-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jlee32
LASERMOVIES asked:

Unfortunately I didn't get a third month free when I went to cancel my membership. BBV did offer me the option to renew at $15.99 for the next 6 months with 3 DVDs out at a time, or $12.99 a month with 2 DVDs out at a time. I did opt to stay for the $12.99 deal since there are a few more DVDs I wanted to rent before quitting, and I thought fewer out at a time would give me a better chance of looking at more of my own DVDs I need to watch.
Old 12-12-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
i just cancelled my 2 week free trial and i did not get offered a 2nd month free

sucks

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.