Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free DVD and Game Rental Trials and Offers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-03, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by simonduz
Which one has the closest distribution center to Columbus Ohio?
Just wondering. I was a Netflix customer when they first started I was getting 4 titles for $14.95. Then they raised their prices.
If they can mail me titles within 2 days I would be happy to return to them.
Thanks.
Netflix just opened a distribution center in Cleveland, Ohio. The other new ones are Richmond, Va and Lakeland, FL
Old 10-15-03, 08:40 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'm currently on a trial for both Netflix and Greencine. I was with Netflix a few years ago but stopped due to lack of movies (I am selective in what I want to watch). So far, Netflix has been quicker in turn arounds and have more dvds readily available than Greencine.

In my opinion, the one good thing Greencine has over Netflix is the wide selection of anime and foreign films. That comes at a price though, no one else has the selection and that means sometimes a long wait.

I plan on staying with Greencine until I finish up what is in my queue, which is only 5 dvds right now. I'll stay a month and see how many of those come through. After that, it's Netflix until I catch up watching my choices.
Old 10-20-03, 04:43 PM
Cool New Member

Greencine bites...

2 week free trial and you have to have your freakin' DVD's back already...in 2 weeks i got 1 shipment, barely got that back and forgot i had 1 more dvd in my list and they just sent that out, now it's too late to stop it.

Going with the alternative always screws you!

I do not recommend them!
Old 10-23-03, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kurganQ2
Greencine bites...

2 week free trial and you have to have your freakin' DVD's back already...in 2 weeks i got 1 shipment, barely got that back and forgot i had 1 more dvd in my list and they just sent that out, now it's too late to stop it.

Going with the alternative always screws you!

I do not recommend them!
did you try emailing them? their customer service bends over backwards to help. when i reached the end of my trial i still had disks, but emailed them and they said it was ok. same thing when i've changed the number of disks i have out (ie, go from 4 disks to 3 disks, but end of billing cycle comes and i still have 4 disks... they only charge for 3 and just don't send out another disk until i send in 2).

i've been getting disks in 2 days lately (!) from San Francisco to DC.

Mapson: it's going to be tough to get films with only 5 in your queue, especially if they're really rare. You can't count on getting something like Eraserhead very quickly.

Last edited by Eeyore; 10-23-03 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-23-03, 12:29 PM
Cool New Member

i have not emailed them yet...and i was probably over annoyed when i posted my last message

Anyway...they seem to have too much stuff on their site that they don't have, and I seem to have trouble getting a few of the movies i wanted (and i had a short list)...but filmcaddy is even worse for not having movies in stock (and not informing you at all)...i had like 12 movies in my list and could have 4 out, but i only had 2 sent, because they didn't have any of the other 10
Old 10-24-03, 01:39 AM

I'm thinking of giving Netflix a try, and I was wondering what would happen if the DVD is lost in the mail?

KS
Old 10-24-03, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

you reported and they give you the option to resend it or send the next one in your queue.

i had that happen, but most likely it was stolen at their Queens facility.

they caught one guy who had a 100 dvd in his back pack and another employee who had 700 dvds in his house.

it hasn't happend again since the sting operation.
Old 11-06-03, 08:23 AM

eHit.com DVD Returns

Two of my returns to eHit.com have not been logged into their system.

If anyone has had a problem with returns to eHit.com please post here.

Information on how the problem was resolved would be helpful.
Old 11-14-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wanted to give warning to anyone using Numberslate. After cancelling my trial service, and even getting an email confirmation of the cancellation, they charged my credit card a month later. It took me some researching and phone calls to track down the charge as theirs, since my card statement shows them as "Mentura, Inc." Even when I called them, they would not readily admit they were "Numberslate" until I pushed it. They are reversing the charge, but considering their horrible service (I only got 3 DVDs in the rental period, and they were very old releases), this was certainly not worth the trouble.

The Mentura, Inc phone number is 1-707-577-1412 for anyone that might need it.
Old 11-17-03, 01:11 PM

I tried the NETFLIX free offer and was going to cancel (and sign up later as i was going to be out of town briefly) and when i clicked cancel they gave me an improved monthly offer:

if you sign up for 3 months its only $15.95/month for 3 at a time
if you sign up for 6 months its only $14.95/month for 3

I'm not sure if you can get this deal anywhere else, but it was good enough for me, as I am saving $5/month of the regular rate, and was going to rejoin in two weeks time
Old 11-24-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Netflix is *silly* fast here in NYC. Emailed an order for 3 DVDs Sunday night (2-week trial) and they were in my mailbox Tues. afternoon. Dropped 2 in the mail Saturday, and this morning (Monday) they sent me an email at 10am saying they were received. My next 2 will be shipped today and I bet I have them tomorrow.

Very little hassle, extremely fast. I think I'll join and catch a lot of the new (and old ) DVDs that I don't quite want to buy & keep. Coop, thanks for the heads-up on the better deal too!
Old 11-26-03, 10:27 AM
Cool New Member

i am now getting two day turn around on my netflix dvds. my warehouse in one town over.

i drop them off and the next day they are received and my new one is shipped. most of the time i receive it the following day.
Old 12-02-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by coop22
I tried the NETFLIX free offer and was going to cancel (and sign up later as i was going to be out of town briefly) and when i clicked cancel they gave me an improved monthly offer:

if you sign up for 3 months its only $15.95/month for 3 at a time
if you sign up for 6 months its only $14.95/month for 3
Sweet deal. Good tip. Thanks.
Old 12-03-03, 10:28 AM

So are there any coupons that can be used when signing up as a new member to netflix?
Old 12-06-03, 01:45 AM
Cool New Member

Video Game Rental

Govojo
Old 12-11-03, 02:21 PM

Does anyone know how to locate the 4-disc extended edition of Two Towers at Netflix? Their product description seems to indicate just the regular version when I search for Two Towers.

I just rejoined Nextflix after a three year hiatus, and their website is sorely lacking from how I remember it back in 1999-2000. I can't believe they would make it so difficult to find and rent this mainstream release.
Old 12-11-03, 03:19 PM

Tried Filmcaddy last month and it was awfull!!!!

4-5 days to recieve and 4-5 days to return(and the last movie I returned was recieved in 1 day!!!!(What the $#@*!!!)

Terrible search engine.
No way to tell what the wait is or what's in stock.

Not worth the trouble.

Walmart was pretty good on the other hand.
Gave you a good idea of what the wait was and only 1-2 day turnaround on movies.((Rented a total of 27 in Sept.)and NO I do not have a life!!))

No real complaints there.

( I live in Atlanta GA.)
Old 12-15-03, 11:23 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

filmcaddy's site has been down for 3 days. anyone know whats going on?
Old 01-02-04, 04:43 AM

Originally posted by Calistoga
Wanted to give warning to anyone using Numberslate. After cancelling my trial service, and even getting an email confirmation of the cancellation, they charged my credit card a month later. It took me some researching and phone calls to track down the charge as theirs, since my card statement shows them as "Mentura, Inc." Even when I called them, they would not readily admit they were "Numberslate" until I pushed it. They are reversing the charge, but considering their horrible service (I only got 3 DVDs in the rental period, and they were very old releases), this was certainly not worth the trouble.

The Mentura, Inc phone number is 1-707-577-1412 for anyone that might need it.
Maybe using a Webcertificate number or something like a disposable credit card number that can only be used once for charging your real credit card account would be safer if you plan on only using them during the free trial.
Old 01-02-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah netflix is very fast here in NYC as Netflix has a place in Flushing. I signed up last week for the trial and it takes one day for dvd's to get here and 1 day to get back to them.

capt
Old 01-06-04, 01:29 PM

Has anyone been able to rejoin a club they already did the free membership in under a different name or credit card, do any of the companys really pay attention to this?
Old 01-06-04, 05:09 PM

Greencine doesn't recycle user names, but they pay attention to your house address.
Old 01-08-04, 09:46 PM
Banned

Adult Netflix

Removed Ad
Old 01-09-04, 08:25 PM

I've never tried any of these rental services before, but I have decided to give some of the free trials a...well...trial. I've read through the entire thread, but I still have some questions:

Do these rental services allow you to rent DVD sets, such as The Whole Bean (3 disc set)? If so, are they counted as one selection, or what? Some only allow 3 discs out at one time, and am interested in how they deal with this kind of situation.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-04, 06:53 AM

I have rented from Netflix and Greencine and if you rent a series that is separated on more that one dvd each individual dvd is its own selection. So if want to rent them you have to add each one to your queue and they will be shipped separately.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.