Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New! Buy any 3 Disney DVDs Get 1 Free

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suppose it's also possible they didn't recognize the UPCs because they weren't released until December, i.e. they might not be on the "Master List of Disney Titles" they had when the promotion began in October. Hope the problem is successfully resolved.
Old 01-26-03, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long from peoples checks being cashed to arrival of DVD? My check was cashed about 10 days ago, still havent received it yet.....
Old 01-27-03, 09:36 AM

I also received the rejection letter after enclosing Disney Treasures Behind the Scenes as one of my UPCs. I wrote back stating that it was unclear why my proof of purchases were invalid. That would be ridiculous to not consider the Treasures tins as part of the offer.
Old 02-11-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Flubber arrived yesterday. Yippee.
Old 02-17-03, 09:10 AM
Cool New Member

does anyone have a customer service number? I sent off for 3 to different addresses, and received the first one about 2 months ago...havent' received rejection or the DVD for the other 2 addresses.....

thanks!
Old 02-17-03, 10:06 AM
Banned

There is a number for Buena Vista which could help..

I remeber seeing it under a Jackie Brown Thread. Try searching for it.

I may have it in my desk at home I will look.
Old 02-18-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by mscubsfan
does anyone have a customer service number? I sent off for 3 to different addresses, and received the first one about 2 months ago...havent' received rejection or the DVD for the other 2 addresses.....

thanks!
I called the Buena Vista #, 800-723-4763 and the CSR there told me that Archway Marketing was handling the promotion. Although the rebate form was sent to El Paso, TX, they're based in Minnesota and their phone # is 763-479-4179. I called that # and the CSR told me that my Hercules DVD (first choice btw) was mailed on 1-17-03 and that she would put a trace on the package. Seems like my mailman got a new DVD so they better send out a new one to me.
Old 02-18-03, 02:22 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Dabaomb
I called the Buena Vista #, 800-723-4763 and the CSR there told me that Archway Marketing was handling the promotion. Although the rebate form was sent to El Paso, TX, they're based in Minnesota and their phone # is 763-479-4179. I called that # and the CSR told me that my Hercules DVD (first choice btw) was mailed on 1-17-03 and that she would put a trace on the package. Seems like my mailman got a new DVD so they better send out a new one to me.

My DVD was handled by the infamous Gage Marketing, which has a PO box in El Paso, TX for all their rebate requests and is also based in Minnesota (and same CS phone # ). Are you sure they are Archway Marketing (unless they changed name recently)?
Old 02-18-03, 02:39 PM

Got my Hercules (1st choice) the other day.... It only took 3 months to get it, and the check was cashed well over a month ago.
Old 02-18-03, 06:32 PM
bga

I got my Pocahontas in less than 3 weeks, but I'm still waiting for the two other mail-in offers for free (or just S+H) titles (non-Disney).
Old 02-19-03, 11:30 AM
bjv

Yesterday I got a rejection letter from Archway Marketing stating that this offer was limited to one per household. They had already encashed my cheque so they also enclosed refund cheque. And yes I have already got one free dvd with 3 diff disney dvds. So was this offer really limited to be used once for each address ?
Old 02-19-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bjv
So was this offer really limited to be used once for each address ?
That's what it said on the rebate form and that's what was indicated by the letter and refund check that they sent you. The way around this was to send the DVD to different addresses.
Old 02-19-03, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Dabaomb
That's what it said on the rebate form and that's what was indicated by the letter and refund check that they sent you. The way around this was to send the DVD to different addresses.
Yes, but your check to them could also indicate a duplicate address if their database were to keep this information also.
Old 02-19-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jeffwright
Yes, but your check to them could also indicate a duplicate address if their database were to keep this information also.
I thought this might happen and I decided to roll the dice neways. You could use a money order to avoid this problem but I didn't feel like shellin' out a buck for a $1.95 money order.

My checks only have my name on them.

I did this deal 3 times. I sent Alice in Wonderland and Pocohontas to each of my sister's boyfriends and I picked Hercules for myself (funny how mine is the one that got lost). All 3 checks were cashed extremely fast too, but the DVDs took a while to ship.
Old 04-07-03, 12:07 PM

Back on January 24 I reported in this thread that Disney had denied my request for the free DVD based on my submission of the three proofs of purchases from the three most recent Disney Treasures sets. In the end, I wrote a letter asserting that my submission was completely in order, and the Disney Treasure tins were in fact Disney DVDs, and to please send me my free disc already.

I'm happy to report that this weekend I did finally receive my free "Tron" SE DVD. It cost me an extra 37 cents, but I guess I can cope!

--Scott McGuire
Old 04-08-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! That would have been ridiculous if they hadn't accepted those. Especially since they cost more than the regular Disney DVD's... I got my free Tron DVD last week as well. Definitely a great DVD to get for FREE!
Old 04-08-03, 05:17 PM

My check was cashed a few days ago for my second (going to different addresses) free DVD. One more to go...
Old 04-18-03, 09:03 AM

Received Hercules yesterday, my first choice. Submitted 01/31/03. Pretty sweet considering the three DVDs I used to qualify for the promo were part of the Disney Store $10 sale. 4 Disney DVDs for $35 ain't bad at all.

Still waiting on order #2 (different address and money orders used instead of checks) but am hopeful.
Old 03-29-05, 01:47 PM

new info for the buy3 get 1 free disney movie, THRU ARCHWAY MARKETING

HERE IS THE DIRECT NUMBER TO ARCHWAY MKTG. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE HANDLING THIS PROMOTION. THE CSR'S NAME IS LYNNETTE. 763-477-7677 I JUST GOT A CALL THIS MORNING STATING THAT MY MOVIE WAS SENT OUT ON MARCH 16. IT TAKES 3-4 WEEKS TO GET HERE. WHY I DON'T KNOW .BUT SHE TOLD ME TO CALL BACK ON 4-13 IF I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT. SHE SAID IT WILL BE RESENT AND IT WILL GET HERE FASTER. I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE WHO HASN'T GOTTEN IT.

GOOD LUCK,

KJIM31