DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Half.com Coupons II - Updated 4/7 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/216196-half-com-coupons-ii-updated-4-7-a.html)

Emulator 06-06-03 12:02 PM

Only VISA33 works at the moment.

chuen 06-13-03 07:55 PM

Indeed !!!

-Chuen-

Wolf Husky 06-14-03 03:13 AM

Originally posted by chuen
Just tried it.

VISA33 ($5 off $25) is working !!!

-Chuen-

Yup, this has been reported many times in the past week.

Of course, There are $5 off $20 coupons that still work (also posted in last page of messages) so I'm not sure why anyone would really care to use VISA33 over any of the others.

Avid 06-15-03 02:57 PM

I tried all the $5 off $20 in the last few pages and they had all expired.

When I tried VISA33 it gave this messsage: "$5 off an order of $25 or more: Buy $3.17 more worth of Books , Music , Movies/DVDs , Games , Computers , Electronics , Sporting Goods , or merchandise and receive $5 discount."

The $5 was not taken off the total. When I went to the next page it was address information and I didn't go on from there. Would the $5 been taken off at the end of checkout, or does it come off in the shopping cart when you first enter the coupon?

How often does Half.com issue coupons? I can chill for a better one if they come out frequently.

BlackCapTen 06-18-03 03:41 PM

I got an email from Half.com saying to add stuff to my Half.com wishlist by midnight tonight because there's going to be a special promotion within a few days involving your wishlist. I never heard of them doing this, anyone know about it and if its going to be worthwhile?

Don Black 06-19-03 09:05 AM

My offer was to save $1 for every item on my wish list with a price of $5+.

Upper pylon 3 06-19-03 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Wolf Husky
On a side-note, do any Half sellers find it a tad unfair that Half charges $2.49 shipping on a DVD purchase and only reimburses the seller $1.89 to ship a DVD? What do they do with the other $0.60 on every single DVD purchased? Is 15% commission not enough?
What gets me is that they charge a shipping rate per item even if you buy more than one item from the same seller. However if you sell more than one item to the same buyer, you only get a slightly higher shipping reimbursement instead of the same amount per item. Totally unfair. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Wolf Husky 06-19-03 07:11 PM

They have discounted shipping prices now. I believe it is $1.49 for each additional DVD from same seller. CDs, tapes, etc have different combined shipping charges.

Sadly, the 2nd DVD shipped priority is still about $3.65. One should be able to ship 3 DVDs for the minimum Priority price.

Most sellers don't know this (or don't use), but the post office pays for your packing materials when you ship Priority. Free boxes, labels, tape, envelopes, etc. They can even be ordered in bulk FOR FREE at www.usps.com.

somethingclever 06-26-03 10:36 AM

no new coupons?

garmonbozia 07-22-03 10:34 AM

It looks like all half.com coupons are dead. Is this true?

Longshot 07-22-03 11:12 AM

damn... and here i thought the first reply in a month was the signal of new coupons...

-JoE

somethingclever 08-05-03 07:30 PM

what about the whole pass the buck thing?

darktemp 08-06-03 05:59 AM

Pass the buck is a new program at half.com that allows new customers to receive a one time use $5 off $10 coupon. PM your email address if you want one.

Snapperhead 08-06-03 06:59 AM

Hey temp,,

tried to find your email under your profile but its not there.....

can you email me the coupon to [email protected]

Thanks in advance

darktemp 08-06-03 07:47 AM

Snapperhead, I just emailed you one. Just a heads up, I just tried it and even though it says 5 off 10 the email picture shows 5 off 25. This however is wrong, I just verified that they are still 5 off 10 but it seems they plan on changing this soon. It takes about 15-30 minutes for them to arrive. If anyone else wants one lmk.

somethingclever 08-06-03 07:52 AM

If someone could give me one, I would greatly appreciate it.
There should be like a STL thread for this eh?
[email protected]

darktemp 08-06-03 07:53 AM

On it's way somethingclever.

taxman75024 08-06-03 08:04 AM

I would really appreciate one as well!

[email protected]

Thanks!

darktemp 08-06-03 08:24 AM

I sent you one as well taxman, heres a code ready to use:

BUCK20058568

Please post when used.

El Scorcho 08-06-03 07:39 PM

Can you guys keep the coupon begging out of the official half.com coupon thread?

somethingclever 08-06-03 10:09 PM

no you anal bastard, get a life

darktemp 08-07-03 05:22 AM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
Can you guys keep the coupon begging out of the official half.com coupon thread?
I don't get it. The first half.com coupons in a long time and you don't want us to post them in the.. half.com coupon thread? Would you rather this thread just sat here, stickied, forever, without any posts?

Thanks for contributing!

Don Black 08-07-03 05:39 AM

Darktemp: I'd like one too please if you still have one. Thanks!

[email protected]

SoFarSoGood 08-07-03 12:07 PM

Finally a 5 off 10. May I get one too please:
[email protected]

Appreciate the generosity!

El Scorcho 08-07-03 06:55 PM

Originally posted by darktemp
I don't get it. The first half.com coupons in a long time and you don't want us to post them in the.. half.com coupon thread? Would you rather this thread just sat here, stickied, forever, without any posts?

Thanks for contributing!

These aren't coupons. They're referral codes and they give false hope that there are actual coupons out there.