Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Green Lantern/Green Arrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-19, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 496 Likes on 359 Posts
Green Lantern/Green Arrow

So I bought the hardcover version of the Dennis O'Neil/Neal Adams run of Green Lantern/Green Arrow a few weeks ago. It's really good (no surprise).

But I just ran across this - the restarting of the title a few years later by O'Neil and Mike Grell! This book features the first 17 issues (90-106) from when the series relaunched in 1976. I can't wait to get it! Of course, I'll have to wait, as it doesn't come out until next January...

I'm betting it's worth the wait.
Old 05-05-19, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 908 Likes on 763 Posts
Re: Green Lantern/Green Arrow

I've thought about getting the Absolute version.
Old 05-05-19, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I was disappointed in the Absolute version.

The Deluxe HC wasn't available when I got the it, but that looks to contain everything in the Absolute in a slightly smaller size at half the price.
If you just want to read a collection of the material in form slightly more permanent than a softcover, that would be the way to go IMO.

The only extras the Absolute has are the six covers from the '83 Baxter reprint series. Nice covers, but the Absolute also uses a matte stock that doesn't do much any of the art inside.
Old 05-07-19, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I remember reading that series when it first came out. I have it digitally, so I should really revisit it and soon.
Old 05-07-19, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 745 Likes on 452 Posts

I have a near-complete run of that series somewhere in storage. Green Arrow was always my 3rd favorite DC hero (after Superman and Robin/Nightwing) so I tried to collect every Bronze Age and beyond appearance. Great stuff.
Old 05-08-19, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 243 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I have a near-complete run of that series somewhere in storage. Green Arrow was always my 3rd favorite DC hero (after Superman and Robin/Nightwing) so I tried to collect every Bronze Age and beyond appearance. Great stuff.
Back in the late '70s/early '80s, those Adams original GL/GA issues were wildly expensive. I never could afford them. I first got them in a paperback book collection, as I recall.