Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Industry Rant

Old 05-05-19, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Industry Rant

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Another big place that recently stopped selling floppies, eliminated their variants and downsized their tpb section is Books-A-Million. This happened at the end of 2018, taking another big customer from Diamond and affecting the industry overall.
They've started a new subsidiary called 2nd & Charles that specializes in used media/books and has a comic book section.
Old 05-05-19, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
They've started a new subsidiary called 2nd & Charles that specializes in used media/books and has a comic book section.
2nd and Charles has existed for a while, almost as long as Books a Million. Their comic book section consist of mostly back issues with some new releases and the Fried Pie Variants (until the stopped the agreement last year). My understanding is that 2nd and Charles and Books a Million (both under the same company) stopped getting new issues from Diamond late last year as corporate decided to cut on buying new floppies and collectibles from Diamond. So now, in the past 5 years, Diamond has lost Hastings (their biggest account), BAM/2nd and Charles and about 100 comic book stores.
Old 05-05-19, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still see new issues at 2nd and Charles. I got Detective Comics #1000 from there and a couple of other issues just a couple weeks ago.