Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the most popular super hero introduced in the last 25 years?

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

What's the most popular super hero introduced in the last 25 years?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 03:07 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: What's the most popular super hero introduced in the last 25 years?

Originally Posted by mrhan
Honestly, the last time I tried to read a recent comic (besides WD) was the new 52. A friend gave me almost every issue from 1-10 of every title. I just could not get through them. Everything looked like Jim Lee art and what irked me the most is every character looked Asian. They're in a pile in my garage collecting dust now. I keep forgetting to throw them in the recycle bin.
I'm sure someone would appreciate them. Instead of trashing them maybe a local Goodwill or hospital or comic shop?
Old 05-08-15, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm sure someone would appreciate them. Instead of trashing them maybe a local Goodwill or hospital or comic shop?
I should do that. Even my kids couldn't get into it. They would rather read Avatar, TMNT and Teen Titans Go.
Old 11-30-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Jessica Jones, created in 2001, seems like she would automatically get a nice spot on this list thanks to the highly rated TV show that other characters haven't had the fortune of. Although I wonder how much of the Netflix series actually translate to the general public; the nerd community, even non comic book folk, seems to love them - but it's not exactly selling toys or leaving Alias comics front and center in Barnes and Noble or whatever right?
Old 11-30-15, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Jessica Jones, created in 2001, seems like she would automatically get a nice spot on this list thanks to the highly rated TV show that other characters haven't had the fortune of. Although I wonder how much of the Netflix series actually translate to the general public; the nerd community, even non comic book folk, seems to love them - but it's not exactly selling toys or leaving Alias comics front and center in Barnes and Noble or whatever right?
Originally Posted by fujishig
That's ok. I re-read the thread and someone brought them up two years ago and taffer corrected them then too. I still say that Venom as kind of an anti hero was up there when the thread first started. The Guardians of the Galaxy have a ton of exposure, but the characters are all much much older.

Jessica Jones will get more exposure when they release her Netflix series, and Daisy Johnson is on Agents of SHIELD, though they're relatively minor characters.

Rhodes was around for long before, and was Iron Man for a stint, but I think War Machine makes the cutoff.

And Big Hero Six, though most wouldn't recognize the comic incarnation. Do the Incredibles count?
I can't remember if someone said Agent Coulson, who was a character introduced in the comics as a result of the movies.

Even a character like Squirrel Girl barely makes the cut, having first appeared in 1992, and she doesn't really have mainstream exposure. Someone like the new Ms. Marvel, gaining in popularity, is still a derivative, as is Spider-Gwen, X-23 and the like.