Reload this Page >

How is Marvel Unlimited?

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

How is Marvel Unlimited?

Old 10-12-13, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is Marvel Unlimited?

I just discovered this. Apparently you can pay a monthly fee of $10, and you get unlimited access to as many Marvel comics as you want.

Their website says they have over 10,000 comics in the service. I did a quick search, and the Amazing Spider-Man series looks nearly complete but the other spin-off titles such as Spectacular and Web of only have a handful of issues available. That's kind of disappointing and especially problematic during the 90s when the series crossed over all the time. Its the same problem those GIT-Corp DVDs had.

Has anyone used Marvel Unlimited? Is it any good? Are the comics available in ultra HD Retina type resolutions or are they low res scans? For $10 a month this seems almost too good to be true, especially since one floppy is $3-$4 now.

Also why the heck doesn't DC have something like this? I'm much more of a DC fanboy and a DC Unlimited service would be like dying and going to heaven.
Old 10-12-13, 08:27 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Re: How is Marvel Unlimited?

There was some discussion of this in the digital thread; and their is a ~6 month delay in issues going digital, iirc.
Old 03-17-14, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,062 Likes on 643 Posts

So...5 months later. Anyone have the Android app for this? The app so far seems to get horrible reviews but I was just curious.
Old 03-17-14, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marvel Unlimited? More like Marvel Limited, am I right?*

*because there are a lot of limitations when it comes to which issuesare actually included in this service.
Old 03-17-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Don't have an android device, but the iphone/ipad apps are much improved from when I first tried the system out a couple of years ago (well, when they had no app). I don't need much, just an easy way to navigate the system, and it's still missing even the basics of correlating related issues, which is a must with the way they haphazardly number stuff.

If you want recent stuff, they obviously don't have it and probably will always have a gap, or they risk cannibalizing their sales. As an avid trade reader/comixology sale buyer, and someone who has missed a ton of Marvel stuff in the past few years, there's enough for me to read to make it worth it. If you've been keeping up with it over the past few years or you're really just looking for stuff from the 80's, you might be out of luck.
Old 03-17-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Marvel Unlimited? More like Marvel Limited, am I right?*

*because there are a lot of limitations when it comes to which issuesare actually included in this service.
If it were truly unlimited access to all older Marvel issues, I would be a member.

They just need to bite the bullet, raise the annual membership fees, and include all back issues before a certain date.