Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The One and Only Kickstarter Comics Thread

Old 06-14-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The One and Only Kickstarter Comics Thread

They have one in Video Games Talk, so why not one for us too?

Here are two I'm currently backing:

Sullivan's Sluggers: It's a book about a minor league baseball team that finds themselves fighting for their lives against zombies or demons or something. Whatever. It looks awesome. Written by Mark Andrew Smith (Gladstone's School for World Conquerors, the New Brighton Archeological Society, and the Amazing Joy Buzzards) and illustrated by James Stokoe (Orc Stain). This thing is off the hook intense, and it's been successful enough that the book is going to be a slip-cased hardcover.

Warning -- less than 48 hours to go on this Kickstarter, so pledge now if you want in on it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-graphic-novel

Sidekicks: About five years ago, Paul Jenkins and Chris Moreno did a great book about a poor schlub who is a sidekick to four different superheroes. It was hilarious, and now they're bringing it back. I would compare it to (in art style and tone) Chew, but set in a superhero universe with characters like The Living Sherbet, Claude Balls, Dinosaur Hunter ("When mankind eventually clones dinosaurs, Claude Balls will be ready"), and Bitch Slap ("If Green Lantern were a pimp, this is what he would look like.")

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1803036765/sidekick