Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Free Comic Book Day May 7, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 01:44 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Free Comic Book Day May 7, 2011

American comics are mostly crap. Just buy European comics like The Scorpion or Quetzalcoatl.
Old 05-10-11, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by WinterIsComing
American comics are mostly crap. Just buy European comics like The Scorpion or Quetzalcoatl.
Reductive much?
Old 05-10-11, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WinterIsComing
Unless they are "free" your point was more thread-crappy then on-point. But you are cool, new and a member so I'll let it slide.
Old 05-10-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Earlier I read the Young Justice/Batman: The Brave and the Bold Super Sampler issue. The YJ story was pretty perfunctory, but likable enough. The Batman story was nice; Bruce Wayne is absent from a charity fundraiser, provoking some nasty gossip while he's in Central City helping The Flash rescue kids from a burning building. I always enjoyed the "How Does Gotham View Bruce Wayne/Batman" stories, and this was one of the nicer ones I've come across in a while.
Old 05-11-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,018 Likes on 841 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Earlier I read the Young Justice/Batman: The Brave and the Bold Super Sampler issue. The YJ story was pretty perfunctory, but likable enough. The Batman story was nice; Bruce Wayne is absent from a charity fundraiser, provoking some nasty gossip while he's in Central City helping The Flash rescue kids from a burning building. I always enjoyed the "How Does Gotham View Bruce Wayne/Batman" stories, and this was one of the nicer ones I've come across in a while.
i missed the flipsides because I just glanced around the table. I might have picked up Young Justice if I'd known BBB was on there too. I also read later that the Avatar Last Airbender issue also had a flipside preview of the new Richie Rich. The RR ad I saw looked pretty craptacular, but since I was a fan of the Harvey character I would have taken a look at it.
Old 05-11-11, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
i missed the flipsides because I just glanced around the table. I might have picked up Young Justice if I'd known BBB was on there too. I also read later that the Avatar Last Airbender issue also had a flipside preview of the new Richie Rich. The RR ad I saw looked pretty craptacular, but since I was a fan of the Harvey character I would have taken a look at it.
Young Justice/Batman wasn't a flipper, actually. The cover features both titles and characters, and the stories are published normally, not requiring you to hold the comic a different way to read through them. Also, Avatar was paired with Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Old 05-11-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I guess Richie Rich must have been mentioned as the pairing for another title. I was probably remembering it as an Avatar pairing because I read about that too and would have been interested, though after watching the Clone Wars series for 2+ years and reading a lot of the TV-styled comics, I'm not sure if that would have really offered me much.
Old 05-11-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
I guess Richie Rich must have been mentioned as the pairing for another title. I was probably remembering it as an Avatar pairing because I read about that too and would have been interested, though after watching the Clone Wars series for 2+ years and reading a lot of the TV-styled comics, I'm not sure if that would have really offered me much.
I picked it up, but haven't read it yet. In any event, I've only seen about 1/3 of the show and haven't read any of the comics (except the FCBD 2009 issue, which I don't really remember all that well) so even when I do read it, I won't be qualified to say whether it would offer you anything.
Old 05-12-11, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

These were the 100-Page Super Spectaculars I picked up ($7.99 each, plus 35% off sale):