Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Deadpool overexposure

Old 03-23-10, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Deadpool overexposure

Is it just me, or is Marvel really overdoing it with the Deadpool appearances per month? Just checked out the soliciations for June and he's got like 6 books of his own. He's apparently reaching Wolverine and Spider-Man levels.

June:
DEADPOOL #24
DEADPOOL CORPS #3
DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #892
DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #12 (of a 13-Issue Limited Series)
DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #1 (of 4)
DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2 (of 4)

Do you like Deadpool? THIS much?
Old 03-24-10, 07:12 PM
Banned

Re: Deadpool overexposure

I was going create a thread about this too. Marvel is overexposing Deadpool to nth degree, taking him from a funny, entertaining character to an annoying one. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. It's the same way the overexposed Wolverine by having him on almost every Marvel team and comic. By the time the Deadpool movie comes out, he is going to have 4 comics per week. By the way, why is so entertaining about Deadpool anyway?
Old 03-25-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Deadpool overexposure

His first-run series was really good, and pretty much one of the only Marvel books at the time that I bothered to read. His character didn't appear too much outside of his own series, so there were a lot of really good stories that could be told without making the typical continuity headaches that Marvel loves to induce.

Typical of the big two, the character is just over exposed and being milked to death. Only a few books keep me at Marvel and DC now, and they're usually not the huge franchise books.