Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Hard Question: can you pinpoint when a particular ARCHIE COMIC was published?

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 11-12-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One, called "The Children's Hour", was in a Double Digest I read in the 1980's. I am 90% sure that most of the comics in these Double Digests are reprints, as opposed to original. By reprints, I mean that they were re-released, older comics. I think this because some of the art is "better" than others in the Digests.

I no longer have the Double Digest, but "The Children's Hour" stands out in my mind, and it was very funny. The story centered around the rivalry of Archie and Reggie, both trying to top one another in a foolish attempt to woo Veronica. I don't remember the story, or how it went exactly, that is why I'm trying to find it again. But I think I would have better luck if I knew if it was originally created in the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's (if it was an 80's original, I will be quite shocked.)

By the way, I'm a BIG Reggie Mantle fan. For that matter, I'm also a BIG fan of Reggie Van Dough, Richie Rich's cousin.
Old 11-13-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Hard Question: can you pinpoint when a particular ARCHIE COMIC was published?

Couldnt tell you, but check http://www.comics.org/ and see if you can find it. Good luck
Old 11-15-09, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Hard Question: can you pinpoint when a particular ARCHIE COMIC was published?

I could help narrow it down if you had an image of the art style, each decade was pretty distinctive. Other than that...no idea when it's from.
Old 11-16-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well.............Reggie's hair was either that slicked back quality I like, with the part centered; OR it could have been when his hair was wavy.

Speaking of which, what decade was it when they made Reggie's hair wavy?
Old 11-17-09, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reggie's wavy hair was from the 70's, along with Jughead's closed eyes looking different than those of other decades.