Reload this Page >

Walking Dead Omnibus Vol 2

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Walking Dead Omnibus Vol 2

Old 12-03-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Walking Dead Omnibus releases

Did you guys know this is coming this month? Well maybe, there's always delays. I think It was supposed to come in November.

I completely missed the solicits for this, but I never really look at Image. Just had DCBS add it to my order. Just surprised I didn't read anything anywhere else online about it until yesterday.

Last edited by MBoyd; 11-11-10 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-06-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Didn't know but this reminded me to get the 4th hardcover.
Old 12-11-08, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the deal with the WD Omnibuses, which contain the same 24 issues that are in 2 of the HCs, costing more much than the combined price of the 2 oversized HCs? Is there significantly more extra material in them? I love the HCs.

e
L nny

Last edited by ctowner1; 12-11-08 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 06:30 PM

Not essential. Just a large format like DC's Absolutes which I also collect. I just enjoy the presentation and collectable nature of them.
Old 12-12-08, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Not essential. Just a large format like DC's Absolutes which I also collect. I just enjoy the presentation and collectable nature of them.
They're no bigger than the HC's though, are they? Those are oversized, too.

e
L nny
Old 12-12-08, 03:13 PM

Did you guys know this is coming this month? Well maybe, there's always delays. I think It was supposed to come in November.

I completely missed the solicits for this, but I never really look at Image. Just had DCBS add it to my order. Just surprised I didn't read anything anywhere else online about it until yesterday.
Check out Robert Kirkman's messageboard on his website. He has a sticky thread for just the release dates of his books.
Old 12-13-08, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by ctowner1
They're no bigger than the HC's though, are they? Those are oversized, too.

e
L nny
I think it's bigger. I guess I thought the normal HCs were the size of the TPs. Maybe The Bus will come back in and give a report.
Old 12-13-08, 08:34 AM

I think it's bigger. I guess I thought the normal HCs were the size of the TPs. Maybe The Bus will come back in and give a report.
Actually...I looked it up on Amazon. Regular TPBs are listed at 10.1 inches. The WD HC's are listed as being 11.1 inches tall. The HC Omnibus doesn't have dimensions listed, but if it's the same size as the DC Absolutes, then it's 12.9 inches - so you ARE getting almost 2 inches of height in the Omnibus over the HC. Of course the price of 2 WD HC's is $60 (approx. $40 on Amazon), and the WD Omnibus is $100 ($63 on Amazon).

e
L nny
Old 12-14-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Using gorilla math and estimates, the actual pages in the HC seem to be about 7.5" by just under 11".

The HCs are $20ish on Amazon.
Old 12-14-08, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Using gorilla math and estimates, the actual pages in the HC seem to be about 7.5" by just under 11".

The HCs are $20ish on Amazon.
hmmm..where have I heard that before?? Oh yes! The person who posted right above you! lol

e
L nny
Old 01-28-09, 09:17 PM

Re: Walking Dead Omnibus Vol 2

If you guys are Walking Dead fans maybe you can help me out a bit. I just got done reading the first TPB and really liked it and want to read more. I haven't bought anything yet, so is it smarter just to buy the Omnibus. They contain several of the TPB's content in one....right? Also, one of my friends suggested that the art really goes in the tollet as the series progresses. Did you all feel this way?
Old 01-28-09, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
If you guys are Walking Dead fans maybe you can help me out a bit. I just got done reading the first TPB and really liked it and want to read more. I haven't bought anything yet, so is it smarter just to buy the Omnibus. They contain several of the TPB's content in one....right? Also, one of my friends suggested that the art really goes in the tollet as the series progresses. Did you all feel this way?
I think the best way is to buy the oversized HCs which collect 2 TPBs/12 issues at a time. Those are cheaper than the slightly bigger Omnibi (which collect 24 issues), and are easier to read (not so heavy!).

Charlie Adlard takes over the art as of the 2nd TPB (issue 7) and he has been great throughout the series. And the series just keeps getting better and better.

e
L nny
Old 01-29-09, 05:56 PM

Just checked my G-Mart account and Volume 2 is finally showing up with my "ready to be shipped" items!
Old 01-29-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
I don't have much patience so I just read each TPB as it comes out. I just read number 9 last week.
Old 11-11-10, 06:40 PM

Just a reminder that Vol 3 has been solicited. Have mine ordered at DCBS for $60.

WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS HC VOL 03 (MR)

story ROBERT KIRKMAN art & cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN This deluxe hardcover features the next 24 issues of the hit series along with the covers for the issues all in one massive, oversized slip-cased volume. Perfect for long time fans, new readers and anyone needing a heavy object with which to fend off the walking dead. Strictly limited to a print run of 3000. Collects THE WALKING DEAD #49-72 RETAILER WARNING: MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES
Old 11-13-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

^I'm in the same boat in that I bought the first TPB and am wondering how to proceed. TPB Vol. 2 is about $10, then if I switch to HCs 2-4, they run about $23. That's about $80. Or I could go for Compendium 1, which is around $38 and I believe encompasses TPBs 1-8. Costwise, that seems the way to go, but how readable is the compendium? I flipped through my The Darkness compendium and it was pretty flippable but way heavy.