Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Need help naming a comic book series

Old 08-03-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Need help naming a comic book series

I heard about this comic series a few months back and cant remember what it was called. Here's a quick description from what i remember:

It was about A superhero that every time he would use his power, it would make him more and more disfigured. It may have been a woman too but cant be for sure. Anyone know? I heard it was supposed to be made into a movie as well.

I'm leaning more towards a woman character. That would make more sense.

Last edited by mhg83; 08-03-08 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-09-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mhg83
I heard about this comic series a few months back and cant remember what it was called. Here's a quick description from what i remember:

It was about A superhero that every time he would use his power, it would make him more and more disfigured. It may have been a woman too but cant be for sure. Anyone know? I heard it was supposed to be made into a movie as well.

I'm leaning more towards a woman character. That would make more sense.
Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the movie "Stardust" and the witch played by Michelle Pfiefer?
Old 08-09-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the movie "Stardust" and the witch played by Michelle Pfiefer?
positive it was a comic book. A friend of mine was talking about various comics and that was the one he talked about.
Old 08-09-08, 10:22 PM

Stardust was originally a novel with illustrations, written by Neil Gaiman and drawn by Charles Vess. It was published by DC.