Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Rate my comic collection pics.....

Old 07-07-08, 11:37 AM

Rate my comic collection pics.....

Hello, lately I have been taking alot pictures of my small collection and wondered what you guys thought of them? I have found that taking pics allows one to enjoy your books without haveing to remove them from thier safe and dark spots. It also allows you to view peices of your collection together as a whole. Its fun.....

Thanks guys!

Last edited by mattrat; 08-14-08 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-07-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are those comic-book-sized hard plastic CD covers for comics?
Old 07-07-08, 07:18 PM

Nice!!! I get all nostalgic looking at books with 25 cent covers. This was around the time that I got hooked on the funny books!

Take care all!!
Old 07-08-08, 10:21 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Very nice range of classic stuff.
Old 07-08-08, 11:36 AM

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys! Yes Patman, those are called millcase's. I use them regularly, there have been issues with them. But I like them......

here's the site....

http://www.millcase.com/
Old 07-08-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like 'em - I have a lot of the same books.
I could stare at pre-'89 comic book covers all day - something about the '90s though, makes me wanna wretch.

Last edited by slop101; 07-08-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mattrat
Thanks guys! Yes Patman, those are called millcase's. I use them regularly, there have been issues with them. But I like them......

here's the site....

http://www.millcase.com/
Thanks for the link. Sadly, I don't think I have much in my collection that would warrant 'encasement'. Then again, I do have some stuff from the late '70s and '80s that could get the star treatment, though $3 a pop is kinda steep for my cheap-assed-ness.
Old 07-08-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I could stare at pre-'89 comic book covers all day - something about the '90s though, makes me wanna wretch.
Maybe you're allergic to holofoil? Or perhaps chromium intolerant?

Nice pics Mattrat! Some very cool books in there, and surprised to see Twisted Tales! I remember have those years ago. Are they worth anything these days?
Old 07-09-08, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I like 'em - I have a lot of the same books.
I could stare at pre-'89 comic book covers all day
I agree. Comic covers used to be so cool.
Old 07-09-08, 10:06 AM

Ummm the Twisted tales isnt worth to much yet, but I do believe some people say thier could be a price jump in higher grade 80's independents in the near future. For the same reason you look fondly upon them dadaluholla. Many collectors like myself loved Eclipse, PC, Kithen sink, fantagraphics, and many more.....

I agree as well that the old covers are just cooler some how? Its like the new digital color and effects art has contributed to a loss of soul with the new books.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 07-09-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

70's covers are so sexy. Always have a soft spot for those, since they were the back issues I was getting in the late 80's

But you need more silver age!
Old 07-10-08, 11:19 AM

I know.....

I know I need more silver age! I wish, but unfortunantly just buying bronze age is breaking the bank right now. Ive only been collecting actively again for the past 5 years. In the 90's post crash I sold my entire collection for 50 bucks! Messed up I know......
Old 07-18-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have more than a few of those you have in your collection. Hell, I think I have that exact Twisted Tales somewhere. I really need to catalog all my shit so I can get rid of them.
Old 07-20-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question:

How often do you all replace your bags and boards? I've had some books in the same bandb for a decade or more...I think it might be time for a change (though I'm not sure if it's worth the $, or whether or not I can recycle the old ones).
Old 07-21-08, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darknite39
Question:

How often do you all replace your bags and boards? I've had some books in the same bandb for a decade or more...I think it might be time for a change (though I'm not sure if it's worth the $, or whether or not I can recycle the old ones).
Basically, take a handful of your comics out of the bags and stack the empty bags, if they have a sort of yellowish tint (which, after a decade, they probably do) you need to replace them. Hope that helps.

Not sure about the rule on board replacement, though.
Old 07-22-08, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good info. Thanks!
Old 07-28-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pftttt... I don't see any copies of Spawn No. 1. Your collection is a joke.

Kidding! I know that I wish I had a few of those books. That Valiant stuff is pretty worthless - in terms of cash money. I recently unloaded a boatload on eBay and was disappointed at the results.
Old 07-29-08, 11:35 AM

Actually....

Actually I do have Spawn #1 - 4! LOL Most Valiant stuff is worthless as far as monetary value I agree. But, I do think its good to hold ontu the pre-unity stuff! I still need a Harbinger #1 though. I re-hotlinked the new collection images for better effect......
Old 07-29-08, 02:48 PM

Noooooo

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I have more than a few of those you have in your collection. Hell, I think I have that exact Twisted Tales somewhere. I really need to catalog all my shit so I can get rid of them.
Dont get rid of your twisted tales! Thier some of the most awsome indi books of the 80's!
Old 07-29-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Man Bat (my favorite Batman nemesis), Usagi Yojimbo (an awesome story), The Dark Knight Returns & Sin City (classic Frank Miller), old school Iron Fist, original Watchmen, Wolverine done by Frank Millers, Hellblazer (that a #1) and the original western Ghost Rider....dude you get an A+ in my book.
Old 07-30-08, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by macnorton
Man Bat (my favorite Batman nemesis), Usagi Yojimbo (an awesome story), The Dark Knight Returns & Sin City (classic Frank Miller), old school Iron Fist, original Watchmen, Wolverine done by Frank Millers, Hellblazer (that a #1) and the original western Ghost Rider....dude you get an A+ in my book.

Thanks Man! I plan on adding pics as I get new treasures or photograph existing ones. Dont you guys think it would be cool to have a forum section somewhere where people have thier own post that is continuly updated picture wise. Almost like a visual record of peoples collections, and we all would get to see what others have... it could include images of toys or other collectables as well.

As people ad images there individual collection post would go to the top of the pile....

Im telling you I could spend alot of time looking at other peoples collections. It would almost be a way of virtual collections rummeging with friends. And not scans, but photos of the books together.....

Last edited by mattrat; 07-30-08 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Thanks Man! I plan on adding pics as I get new treasures or photograph existing ones. Dont you guys think it would be cool to have a forum section somewhere where people have thier own post that is continuly updated picture wise. Almost like a visual record of peoples collections, and we all would get to see what others have... it could include images of toys or other collectables as well.

As people ad images there individual collection post would go to the top of the pile....

Im telling you I could spend alot of time looking at other peoples collections. It would almost be a way of virtual collections rummeging with friends. And not scans, but photos of the books together.....
Your welcome. I currently have a much smaller collection that I did, but I do currently own Luke Cage #1, Nick Fury #1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and a good chunk of the latest run on Daredevil.
Old 07-30-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love looking at peoples collections too. Maybe we could open this thread up for anyone to post stuff?

I had a thread I made a while back showing off comic collectibles (statues, toys, etc) but it died a quick death
Old 08-04-08, 09:43 AM

Posted more pics.....

Yea, this could be a thread of peoples collections, why not? I posted some more images from my collection as well.....

Why dont some of you post pics... and update them as you go since you can edit anytime you want? Id like to see some other comic goodness.....
Old 08-04-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, this could be a thread of peoples collections, why not? I posted some more images from my collection as well.....
I like that you're updating the pictures, but could you add them as new posts as opposed to updating the original post? It's easier to see what's new that way and keeps us from having to scroll through all the stuff we already read. (I'm a lazy douch, what can I say?)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.