Reload this Page >

YAMCOT: Secret Invasion

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 02-06-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or are these crossover events getting more boring? Last year we had Civil War...awesome concept, but it went on too long, crossed over way too much to make it easy to follow, and ultimately turned out to be a turn off.

This year we have SECRET INVASION!
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS / Penciled by LEINIL FRANCIS YU / Cover by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO Variant cover by STEVE MCNIVEN. Description: SECRET INVASION IS HERE!! Years in the making, months in the teasing...and it all STARTS HERE!! The shape-shifting alien race known as the Skrulls has secretly infiltrated every super-powered organization on Earth with one goal...full-scale invasion! In this DOUBLE-SIZED first issue, page after page unveils reveal after reveal and shocking moment after shocking moment! Brian Bendis and Leinil Francis Yu leap off the pages of mega-hit New Avengers and deliver a story that will change the Marvel Universe forever. THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!! 48 pages. Publisher Rating: T+.
And just about every main Marvel book being offered that same month has a cross over. Who's a Skrull in that particular issue?? WHO CARES. I am sure it will sell well, though. Obviously somebody does.
Old 02-06-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, it's the Marvel Universe version of Battlestar Galactica?
Old 02-07-08, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS / Penciled by LEINIL FRANCIS YU / 3 month late fill-in artist will be determined/ Cover by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO Variant cover by STEVE MCNIVEN. Description: SECRET INVASION IS HERE!! A few hours of planning, months of teasing, years of bad comics to come...and it all STARTS HERE!! The shape-shifting alien race known as the Skrulls has secretly infiltrated every self-destructive super-powered organization on Earth with one goal...full-scale invasion! Because apparently one of three largest galactic empires doesn't have anything better to do than invade Earth, using a half-cocked plan that will ultimately fail due to their own egotism and arrogance, qualities that are in abundance in every species in the entire fucking Marvel universe, except for humankind! In this OVER-PRICED first issue, page after page teases the reader towards the inevitable let down of a conclusion! Are you ready for pages of pedantic, meandering dialogue, meaningless confrontations, conflicts, and battles, and revelations that show a total lack of respect for MU continuity? Then get ready true believers! Brian Bendis and Leinil Francis Yu leap off the pages of mega-hyped New Avengers and deliver a story that will change the Marvel Universe while the story is running, until next year's crossover. THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS IT WAS IN THE SILVER AGE!! 48 pages. Publisher Rating: T+.
Fixed.
Old 02-07-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You fixed it good, Superboy.

I can't remember the last time I cared what the Skrulls were up to, and this time is no different.

These crossover "events" are no longer special, and worse than that, no longer interesting. If they want to make it mean something, then give it a rest for a year or two, and then hit us with a MEGA EARTH SHAKING EPIC EVENT WHERE NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN EVER.
Old 02-07-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
MEGA EARTH SHAKING EPIC EVENT WHERE NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN EVER.
... until Mephisto (AKA Joey Q) comes along with his magic reset button.
Old 02-08-08, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RKillgore
So, it's the Marvel Universe version of Battlestar Galactica?

yup, pretty much.
Old 02-08-08, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't act like I wasn't looking forward to the last batch of events. Civil War, House of M, World War Hulk, along with those events from DC. I love em! Even if they tend to let me down.

However, I just can't seem to get excited about Secret Invasion. I'll probably read it, and it might be good, but I'm not chomping at the bit for it to come out. Same for Final Crisis really.
Old 02-08-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
didnt they already have an invasion crossover about 18 years ago.
Old 02-08-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
didnt they already have an invasion crossover about 18 years ago.
That was DC. And that crossover ruled.
Old 03-15-08, 06:49 PM
Banned

Be a wow gold supplier, we understand that our buyers’ time is valuable. For this reason we offer an instant delivery of wow gold 24 hours a day. So if you want to buy gold wow in hurry. It is no need to go to anywhere, but http://www.buywowgold.org.cn . It is the cheapest wow gold for sale online. You will save a lot of money, if you buy gold wow from our website. This is a golden opportunity!!! Come and buy gold wow, the cheap wow gold, the cheapest wow gold here. You will get a great fun of saving huge!
WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold . wowgoldwow
Old 03-15-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
It is no need to go to anywhere, ....... You will get a great fun of saving huge!

nice/
Old 03-15-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Obviously, he was a Skrull.
Old 03-16-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, that was just the icing on the cake for this thread.
Old 04-01-08, 10:37 PM

For anyone who cares, here's an advance review: http://weeklycomicbookreview.com/200...dvance-review/
Old 04-01-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by danyanez
For anyone who cares, here's an advance review: http://weeklycomicbookreview.com/200...dvance-review/
A quick sidetrack taken from the review:
I think this is Leinil Yu’s best work since that Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk series he did a few years back.
Did this ever finish?

Thanks. We now return you to bashing the Skrull invasion.
Old 04-02-08, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bronkster
A quick sidetrack taken from the review:

Did this ever finish?

Thanks. We now return you to bashing the Skrull invasion.
Nop, only 2 issues were made. I guess Damon Lindelof was/is too busy with Lost. But why start the project then... ahhhg
Old 04-02-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm probably an idiot, but what exactly does YAMCOT mean?
Old 04-02-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Originally Posted by boredsilly
I'm probably an idiot, but what exactly does YAMCOT mean?
Yet Another Marvel Crossover Thread.
Old 04-03-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Short review - picked up the first issue, wasn't impressed. Artwork was stilted, pacing was off, revelations were minor(to me, at least). I'll be skipping the rest of the series.
Old 04-03-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another short review - picked up the first issue, and enjoyed it a great deal. Artwork was really great (Yu's stuff looks so much better when he doesn't ink it), the story felt "epic" (lots of "widescreen" explodey goodness), though the revelations themselves (the sleeper agents) were kind of minor. I look forward to reading the rest.
Old 04-03-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thought it was an alright start and will get the series but will not be picking up any of the crossover issues of titles I don't normally get.
Old 04-03-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think this is one of the few even books where a few tie-in books will feel more than superfluous. Those being New and Mighty Avengers since Bendis is writing all of those. But yeah, outside of those (and the other books I already read) I won't do tie-ins either. I generally don't, unless a books gets some serious buzz.
Old 04-03-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, will the Skrulls know that Mephisto screwed up reality and they don't know Spidey's identity anymore, or are Mephisto's powers Earth-encompassing only so the Skrulls still know but don't know that they shouldn't know because if they know then they'll give away their skrulliness and screw up the whole invasion thing?