Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

What comics are you reading this November?

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

What comics are you reading this November?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Damn, didn't know that the vinyl for Black Dossier is going to be dropped from regular edition. Didn't even know about an Absolute, considering it's not even out, but I'll wait for that.

I've been reading Y The Last Man, Ex Machina, Fables and Walking Dead, my four top titles. I'm saving all my Buffy issues for when I actually am able to understand them, haven't really seen the show. Have the last few issues of Jack of Fables but haven't got around to reading yet.

I ordered the following off of Amazon:

Invicible Hardcover Vol 3
Tintin and the Alph-Art
Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
Tintin The Complete Companion
PBF Collection

I'm glad to complete the Tintin collection with those two titles..and hope to gain more insight into them via the Companion.
Old 11-16-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Finally read the Ellis/Larocca New Universal HC (collecting the first 6 issues). Is this going to be continued? I liked it, though I barely recognized Larocca's art and I have no idea why they decided to drudge up all of these concepts from the New Universe instead of starting a whole new series. Between this and Supreme Power, what's next? 2099 universe redone by Alan Moore?
Old 11-16-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by bluetoast
I ordered the following off of Amazon:
Tintin and the Alph-Art
Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
Tintin The Complete Companion

I'm glad to complete the Tintin collection with those two titles..and hope to gain more insight into them via the Companion.
Another Tintin fan! I picked up "Soviets" a few years ago - outside of the novelty of it being the first adventure, I found it almost tedious to get through. Alph-Art (unless something new is out I don't know about) is the incomplete layouts and sketches - fun to see, and sad that it doesn't end. Earlier this year I ended up rereading all the books again - they hold up very well and I think I enjoyed them more this time around. The "Companion" is nice to go to after reading each book.
Old 11-16-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
World of Warcraft #1
Old 11-17-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Black Canary and Green Arrow...Wow. I didn't see that coming. I mean I did, when "GA" attacked BC on their wedding night but well, you know what I mean...

Also,
Spoiler:

the 2 pages where Conner is telling Ollie that everyone thought he was dead had a lot of emotion and power. I could feel Ollie's heart sink when he realized what Dinah was going through having to deal with another "Ollie death"

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-17-07 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-17-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JLBkret
Anyone read the new Batman And The Outsiders #1 that came out Wednesday? I am a pretty faithful Batman reader but not the Outsiders. I have to say it was pretty darn good! Not sure if I want to add it to my monthly pull list since I am trying to cut down on comics, I am getting ready for the next price hike which I have a feeling will be very soon, probably by the new year. Anyone want to guess what the books will go up to? My guess is going to be $3.25 per book.
Outsiders was the only Judd Winick book I could stand. The new direction is great though. I loved the cover.
Old 11-17-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked the endangered species x-event since Beast's one of my favorite characters.

I only got Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men so far this month. I'll get X-Factor and maybe New X-Men another time.
Old 11-18-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's an interview with Alan Moore discussing the delays of The Black Dossier and the next LoEG series.

http://www.mania.com/56564.html
Old 11-23-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was reluctant to try the this new series of Thor. The only Thor I've read was the Ragnorok story by Oeming (which I LOVED), but I just was cautious of trying another JMS book. I gave the first four issues a read and hot damn if this book isn't excellent. The art, the tone, the characters are all satisfying.

I really enjoy this methodic and stoic Thor JMS is writing. His showdown with Iron Man was the shit. So badass. And Coipel on the art is just amazing. I love how he isn't drawing Thor to be the typical Fabio-esque male model, but has given him really strong features. He seems like a God, which I didn't always feel when I came across Thor in Avengers books.
Old 11-27-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, my (semi) local Comic Book Emporium mentioned that new books will be out on Thursday this week for some reason associated with Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving hasn't interfered with shipments in the past, and they didn't really have an explanation, but I thought I'd mention it for those of you who make the weekly trek - check first so you don't waste a trip.
Old 11-27-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Bronkster
So, my (semi) local Comic Book Emporium mentioned that new books will be out on Thursday this week for some reason associated with Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving hasn't interfered with shipments in the past, and they didn't really have an explanation, but I thought I'd mention it for those of you who make the weekly trek - check first so you don't waste a trip.
Really? That's weird because my LCBS was open on Thanksgiving and since I had time I checked in thinking the books might be delayed due to the holiday. Sure enough they were there on Thanksgiving day.

So your guys are saying that this week is delayed due to last week's Holiday?

EDIT: I just checked this week's, weekly order list e-mail and it says books are shipping on 11/29/07 this week. Oh well...I still think it's odd.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-27-07 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-28-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been very spotty with my comic purchasing... without enough time to go to the store, I've been downloading the books I have on my pull list and reading them (still going to buy them at the shop). I recently noticed, though, that I haven't seen any of the Spider titles in my downloads for a month or so... the last one I read was Pete going to Dr. Strange for help. Have any more books come out since then?

Also, have they ever gotten around to finishing World War Hulk?
Old 11-28-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, have they ever gotten around to finishing World War Hulk?
Yeah I think WWH is finished now (at least the mini series), but I haven't been in to the shop to pick up the final issues yet. I read there is some sort of "WWH Aftersmash" special coming out, which I won't be buying.

I have been reading Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 1. I hadn't read a lot of these early stories, and they are kinda strange. Like in the one I read last night, Ghost Rider was fighting Satan, but then Jesus showed up to help out at the end. I was not expecting that.
Old 11-28-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JLBkret
Anyone read the new Batman And The Outsiders #1 that came out Wednesday? I am a pretty faithful Batman reader but not the Outsiders. I have to say it was pretty darn good! Not sure if I want to add it to my monthly pull list since I am trying to cut down on comics, I am getting ready for the next price hike which I have a feeling will be very soon, probably by the new year. Anyone want to guess what the books will go up to? My guess is going to be $3.25 per book.
Yeah, who the fuck could guess this? I thought it was be average at best, but it was a really tight first issues. I think this would be heightened if it happened at a time when Batman also wasn't in the JLA (like if this series spun out of Tower of Babel or something), but just taking it for what it is I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm on board.

I am a little confused as to whether Bats is going to ever go out in the field, or if he is just like the general giving these heroes direction?
Old 11-28-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I have been reading Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 1. I hadn't read a lot of these early stories, and they are kinda strange. Like in the one I read last night, Ghost Rider was fighting Satan, but then Jesus showed up to help out at the end. I was not expecting that.
That would have been the 70's, right? Man, things were so different back then.
Old 11-28-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I haven't seen any of the Spider titles in my downloads for a month or so... the last one I read was Pete going to Dr. Strange for help. Have any more books come out since then?
Spider-man has become a major clusterfuck. This "One More Day storyline may be finished in one more month. Part 3 is due out tomorrow, and the last part at the end of December. Lookin' good for 3 Spidey issues a month!
Old 11-29-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marvel Zombies 2 this week felt really flat. The whole "heroes with a moral dilemma" is tired by now. I loved the prequel to Marvel Zombies because the story had such a sick twist at the end. This is just predictable without much of the twisted humor.
Old 11-29-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Superboy
Marvel Zombies 2 this week felt really flat. The whole "heroes with a moral dilemma" is tired by now. I loved the prequel to Marvel Zombies because the story had such a sick twist at the end. This is just predictable without much of the twisted humor.
Marvel had a nice sleeper hit in Marvel Zombies, then did the predictable thing and thoroughly saturated the market with it, but they didn't put as much effort into anything. They'll never learn.
Old 11-29-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I knew it!!!! I knew the "3rd Kryptonian" story would wrap up with a "meh".
Old 11-29-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Marvel had a nice sleeper hit in Marvel Zombies, then did the predictable thing and thoroughly saturated the market with it, but they didn't put as much effort into anything. They'll never learn.
But Kirkman was behind everything....

It just goes to show how easily a writer's quality can go downhill once they're stretched out over so many books. It happened to Bendis (Powers hasn't been good in years), and now it's happened to Kirkman. Invincible and Walking Dead have really suffered now that he's writing mediocre Ultimate X-men stories.
Old 11-29-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I knew it!!!! I knew the "3rd Kryptonian" story would wrap up with a "meh".
You mean a story from the "Big 2" ended on a really flat, unsatisfying note?

WWH was dumb.
Old 11-29-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I just got Popgun volume one:

And it's a comics shmorgasborg of deliciousness - 450 pages of it!
Old 11-30-07, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, Spider-man's One More Day part 3 came out. I don't like the direction it seems to be taking and really hope Joe Quesadilla doesn't do what I think he's gonna do. I guess I get to suffer in suspense for another month.
Old 11-30-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Tonight I read:

Just finished:

And just got:
Old 11-30-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ytrez, I only have issues 1-3 of the Killer. What are they up to now?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.