Reload this Page >

Marvel's DVD-ROM collections

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 02-25-07, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out about the DVD-ROM collections Marvel Comics is doing. I was going to buy the Spider-man and X-men collections, but I noticed that they only contain Amazing Spider-man and Uncanny X-men. This is a problem, especially in later years, when they started doing crossover stories a lot, so with these collections we are getting a fraction of the story. Is Marvel planning to release Spectacular Spider-man, Web of Spider-man, X-Factor, etc collections too? Also, is DC planning any similar DVD-ROM collections?
Old 02-25-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Marvel has been doing this for years. I know fantastic four, avengers, and ultimate xmen are out now. Probably a bunch of others are also.
Old 02-25-07, 05:26 PM
Banned

I looked around on Marvel's website, and I didn't see any mention of these DVDs anywhere. Amazon only has the Amazing Spider-man and Uncanny X-men collections, so if the other Spider-man and X titles exist, Amazon does not have them.
Old 02-25-07, 07:16 PM

According to this website, http://www.eagleonemedia.com/comic_book_cd-roms.htm, 33 Years of Ghost Rider is now available. Also, Amazon has Captain America and Incredible Hulk collections available for pre-order.

I wish DC would do something like this.
Old 02-26-07, 06:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They really are "the next best thing to being there."
Old 02-26-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts
The big thing that holds me off from getting some of these, is that I'm afraid they're going to release something like Uncanny X-men collection with issues 1-300. Then they're going to release Uncanny X-men collection with issues 1-400, instead of just doing a volume 2. Didn't they already do that with a spidey collection?
Old 02-26-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts
Check out this old thread (started by me) for more details & discussion:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=460583
Old 03-05-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
The big thing that holds me off from getting some of these, is that I'm afraid they're going to release something like Uncanny X-men collection with issues 1-300. Then they're going to release Uncanny X-men collection with issues 1-400, instead of just doing a volume 2. Didn't they already do that with a spidey collection?
Something like that happened. I think what they did was release one collection that didn't have the annuals and then a year or so later they released another one that did have the annuals.
Old 03-11-07, 10:41 AM

Wouldn't it be great if these software dvds have the option of slipping it in the dvd player. I normally would balk at the idea, but now with LCD tv with crystal sharp images, it would be very cool to be able to lie back and read and watch it in bed. If your too far back, no problem you can just zoom in. Oh well, just a thought.
Old 03-12-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I own the Avengers, Fantastic Four and X-Men collections. I want to buy more of these, but I don't know if Ghost Rider is one I want. I still need to get the Spiderman one though.
Old 03-21-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts
Finally picked up the X-men collection from amazon. The first thing that struck me was that wow was the box empty... only the DVD in there, no pamphlet or anything, and it looked like the box had been opened before, so I was a little suspect. Second was the obvious misspelling, twice, of "Comming soon." Beyond that, it looks like a good collection, a little hard to read in spots, but that may be due to my monitor. With so many comics and graphic novels stuffing my bookshelves, I almost wish we could get more of these on a regular basis, if only for space reasons. I'd buy a DVD-rom of all Civil War issues, for instance (at a discount, because there's no physical copy and printing costs), though I won't buy all the physical tpbs.
Old 03-22-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm not a big fan. Moving away from paper is too hard for me. I much prefer to hold the book I'm reading and see the entire page at once. Scrolling up and down and over ruins it for me. Maybe if I had one of those monitor's you can rotate so that it is taller than it is wide, but even then you couldn't view 2 page spreads. My son has Spider-Man and I picked up the X-Men and Fantastic Four collections to fill in the gaps in my collections and I'd much rather just have hard copy reprints.
Old 03-22-07, 01:46 PM

It looks like the Hulk DVD-ROM is now available, and the Captain America DVD-ROM (which will include #25, I've heard) should follow in April or May.
Old 03-25-07, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
How high is the picture resolution?

Are the files separated by issue or volume/TPB?

What's the usual file size for each?