Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

GI Joe/Comic Release Dates Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Image GI Joe

I haven't been to a comic store in years. So last Friday I decide to check out the new spider-man. So I picked up 30-39 and they're awesome.

So then I picked up a Wizard and see that GI Joe is out again!!!!! Can somebody tell me if it's any good?
Old 02-11-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When do these comics come out?

I'm just getting back into the scene, can somebody tell me what week these comics come out?

Amazing Spider-Man
GI Joe
DK2
Origins.

Thank You.
Old 02-11-02, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: When do these comics come out?

Amazing Spider-Man - first week of every month usually

DK2 - every 6 weeks (supposedly, #2 came out 8 weeks after #1)

Origins - no one really knows. There is no set time for Origin. It was supposed to be monthly, but sometimes it has been 1+ or 2+ months between issues. Not sure what the problem is.

I have no clue on GI Joe.
Old 02-11-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank You!!!
Old 02-11-02, 03:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

G.I.Joe: MIA just came out (last week I believe) which collects issues #1 and #2 of the new series. I think the issues are coming out on a bi-monthly basis. #3 came out a few weeks ago, and #4 should be out in March.

"GI Joe battle Files", a 3-issue limited series, is starting in April.
Old 02-11-02, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: When do these comics come out?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaptorsFan
[B]I'm just getting back into the scene, can somebody tell me what week these comics come out?

[Quote]

I work in a comic book store on my day off once a week so I pretty much know when everything comes in. Everyone that posted so far is right on everything.

Origin like many Marvel titles just doesn't ship on time. It will usually ship every 6 weeks. There is also a Hardcover edition comic out in April.

Also I don't think anybody mentioned that after issue #4 of G.I. Joe, the comic becomes a regular on-going monthly title.

One thing nobody answered is if G.I. Joe is any good. I have ever issue of the first series so I'm a pretty big fan & I enjoy it. I wouldn't say it's great but it is very enjoyable, I didn't like the art at first (except for the covers which are too sweet), but it's grown on me, & the first issue was great seeing what many of the Joes have been up to. If your a fan then you should enjoy the series. Also 1980s related in April a new Transormers series comes out, it looks pretty awesome.

Comics are better now then they have ever been so hopefully you'll check out some other books & get back into them.
Old 02-12-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: When do these comics come out?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sessa17
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by RaptorsFan
I'm just getting back into the scene, can somebody tell me what week these comics come out?

If your a fan then you should enjoy the series. Also 1980s related in April a new Transormers series comes out, it looks pretty awesome.

Comics are better now then they have ever been so hopefully you'll check out some other books & get back into them.
I saw that info on Transformers in Wizard and it looks awesome!

What other books would you suggest?
Old 02-12-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Re: When do these comics come out?

Originally posted by RaptorsFan

I saw that info on Transformers in Wizard and it looks awesome!

What other books would you suggest?
Yup, transformers does look pretty awesome.

Since you seem to like superhero books, these are the ones that you can't go wrong with right now.

New X-men - There is a trade paperback out for it now called E is for Extinction. Uncanny X-men are my all-time favorite comic, so I may be a bit biased. New X-men is unlike any X book ever created. The writer Grant Morrison is doing things that you would never imagine would be done to the X men, & probably shoudn't. Probably the most exciting & gripping any X book has ever been.

[b]Daredevil[b/] - Again I might be biased since DD is my favorite superhero, but this book is just damn good write now. The art is amazing & the goal of the writer is to change the DD world forever & shock the hell out of the fans.

Ultimate Spider-Man - I don't read this title or any spiderman book just b/c I utterly hate the character but everybody raves about this book & it may be the most popular title out right now. It is a retelling of the origin of spidey & a new take on the character in general. There is also an Ultimate X-men book out now that does the same thing, although I think it is pretty bad, again most people seem to like it. And the first issue of THE Ultimates just came out which is a completely new take on the Avengers, this one I actually enjoyed very much. There are trades out for both spidey & X-men so that should be a good starting point.

Planetary - Since you only asked about superhero books that's all I suggested, but this is the one suggestion. This may be the greatest comic book story I ever read. It's penciled by my favorite current aritst John Cassaday. It's basically the X-men meets X-files. 3 mysterious characters search the world in hopes of finding lifes bizarre hidden mysteries. The book is just brilliant & is collected in 2 trades so far All Over the World & Other Stories is the first one & The Fourth Man is the second.

There is so much other stuff that is just great right now, if there are any title you are curious about just ask away & I'll tell you if they are good right now. hope that helps.
Old 02-13-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ultamite Spider-man does rock. I picked up 30-now (30 and 36 cost me a bit) and that story was awesome.
Old 02-13-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RaptorsFan
Ultamite Spider-man does rock. I picked up 30-now (30 and 36 cost me a bit) and that story was awesome.
You're thining of Amazing Spider-Man. Ultimate is only up to like issue 19...Amazing is at 38 or 39 I think.
Old 02-14-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by AgtFox

You're thining of Amazing Spider-Man. Ultimate is only up to like issue 19...Amazing is at 38 or 39 I think.
You're right. Back to the comic store I go.
Old 02-21-02, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

To be honest, I'm not really enjoying the new GI JOE. It's only up to issue three, but none of the issues have really captivated me or pulled me into the story. I find the art to be somewhat ugly (although the coloring is fantastic), and dialogue to be kind of bland. In my opinion, Hama put a lot more emotion and intelligence into his scripts. Of course, I'm basing this on only a few issues so it still has a lot of time to get better.

I'm probably also biased because of my declared devotion to Larry Hama.

-Brian
Old 02-23-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a good site for finding out release dates: http://www.comiclist.com/

You can also sign up for an e-mail every week that gives you the week's upcoming releases.
Old 02-24-02, 01:49 AM

For those looking to start on the Amazing Spiderman title, issues 30 - 35 were just collected in trade paperback. The book is titled Amazing Spider-Man: Coming Home.