Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Book Trailers

Old 07-31-10, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Book Trailers

I stumbled accross an interesting web site: http://bookscreening.com/ which collects book trailers. I was not aware of the insurgence of video productions to promote books. There's bunch of them here and many are well done.
Old 07-31-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Book Trailers

I've seen a few here or there, mostly for authors like Danielle Steele or James Patterson. It seems like whenever my wife tunes into Lifetime, we're likelier to see those. When I tune into watch a Reds game? Not so much.
Old 08-03-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ones for Doug Chiang and Orson Scott Card's Robota were exceptionally cool.

Old 08-04-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-05-10, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so not with it. I've seen commercials for books on the boob tube, but I had no idea there were so many book trailers out there with such good production values.

I went to Amazon and bought a used copy of Robta and now I'm thinking about going to Audible to get Abe's book.
Old 12-10-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hyrule Historia:

Old 08-19-13, 01:38 AM
Mod Emeritus

I must have missed this first time around. On skimming through some old threads I saw the title for this one and was intrigued but the subject matter was not what I had thought it would be.

In the UK, a good few of the books I have been reading over the past year or three seem to include at the end either a first chapter or an extract from another title by way of an "extra".

It serves as an advertisement for another work in the same genre and maybe encourages a reader to pick it up. The problem for me is that nine out of ten times I already have the book so "trailed"...