Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Fragment

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-10, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fragment

I just finished the novel with was published in 2009, I believe. This one is based on the idea of an isolated island (not again) where life have been evolving separately for millions of years.

That last point it what makes the base idea different from, say, The Lost World by Doyle. The life on Henders island is basically alien to the rest of the planet and every single form of life is a predator of some form and extremely and quickly lethal.

This book is not going to be nominated for a Pulitzer but I found it to be an enjoyable, light read. Had this idea been written by a top-notch author, it would have sensational. As it is, it's a fun and interesting read.
Old 08-15-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fragment

Originally Posted by jack999
I just finished the novel with was published in 2009, I believe. This one is based on the idea of an isolated island (not again) where life have been evolving separately for millions of years.

That last point it what makes the base idea different from, say, The Lost World by Doyle. The life on Henders island is basically alien to the rest of the planet and every single form of life is a predator of some form and extremely and quickly lethal.

This book is not going to be nominated for a Pulitzer but I found it to be an enjoyable, light read. Had this idea been written by a top-notch author, it would have sensational. As it is, it's a fun and interesting read.
I read this a few months ago and loved it, I think it would make a cool movie. If you liked Jurassic Park (one of my favorite books), I think you'd like this.