Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Bomc2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bomc2 ?

Is anyone here a member of the Book of the Month Club 2? It seems to work like Yourmusic, albeit with a slightly higher price per book ($10, though still with free shipping.) As with Yourmusic, one gets sent from the queue each month, though this again differs from Yourmusic in that you're obligated to receive three shipments before you can cancel your membership. Judging by their lackluster selection, I would be doing just that (after picking up a few new releases I have my eye on at the obviously appealing reduced rate.) Before joining, I'd like to know if their books are the same editions one would find in retail, or if they have their own "club editions" (different size, modified artwork, etc.) Such editions would be a dealbreaker, but if they are standard retail copies, then I'm definitely in.
Old 09-20-10, 03:35 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bomc2 ?

Although interest died out, there used to be a Book Club questions thread sticky thread.

I've done a quick check and found the link to it (below) via which you may find some of the information that you were looking for