Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Sniper one

Old 04-07-10, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sniper one

Hey guys,

Have anyone read this book? Sniper One from Dan Mills.

Here is some info, from amazon:

When a battalion of the Prince of Wales’ Royal Regiment landed in Iraq in 2004, Mills commanded the 18 men of the sniper platoon. His gripping combat narrative covers how the platoon did more than its share of the fighting during the months when the Iraqis virtually besieged the battalion. The enemy was zealous and well equipped with small arms, grenades, and mortars, and the local civilians were either hostile or trying to keep their heads down.

The platoon’s combat record involved wounds for most of it members and decoration for many, including Mills; one man won the first nonposthumous Victoria Cross in 38 years. Quite apart from its excellence as a combat narrative, Sniper One is a valuable portrait of the British army, a force small in numbers but high in quality that still emphasizes mastery of the basic skills of the infantryman. Possibly the year’s best book, so far, on combat in Iraq.

Well, I love this kind of books, real action stories and I've been looking at this book for quite a while and since I'm finishing my current one I'm thinking on getting this book. It has pretty much 5 stars review on amazon!

TIA.