jkrowling.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-04, 08:52 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
jkrowling.com

http://www.jkrowling.com/

Harry Potter author JK Rowling has launched a personal website which gives fans unprecedented access to the fiercely private writer's life and work.

The homepage of www.jkrowling.com features her untidy desk, complete with a spider running across the screen, and has links to pages of news, family snaps and hints about the plot of the sixth Harry Potter book.

The site, which also warns fans against buying copies of her books with forged signatures, had 17 million visitors in its first week.

In the news section she confirms that book six is under way and that the website will contain clues about the plot for those who can work out where to find them.

Other snippets reveal that she recently dropped into a Harry Potter internet chat room under a false name and gave hints about future plot developments - and was ignored.

She has promised to regularly update the site, and said: "I receive so many thousands of letters these days that it is impossible to read, let alone answer, them all.

"This is where I can tell the truth about rumours or news stories, where I can share extra information I have not put in the books, where I can give hints and clues about what is going to happen to Harry Potter."

Meanwhile, Harry Potter mania erupted once more again as the stars stepped out for the world premiere of the film phenomenon's latest adventure.

Hundreds of fans burst into screams as the bewildered teenage idols graced the red carpet in New York.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the third movie in the hit children's series penned by author JK Rowling.

Daniel Radcliffe, 14, was stunned by the reaction of the crowd of mostly teenaged girls.

"It's astonishing - it's really, really, really scary but it's brilliant," he said.

"We have worked on the film for 11 months and it's really gratifying that everyone came out to support it. It's amazing.

"And they should support it because it's a really great film," he said.

Radcliffe said the boy wizard Harry Potter had grown up in the latest movie, just as he had in real life.
Old 05-25-04, 09:02 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a nice site. Probably pretty redundant for anyone who's avidly following all the gossip, but I liked it.

Thanks BDB!