Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Ann Coulter's book is ahead of Hillary on Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-03, 08:11 PM
mwj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" McCarthy had so badly stigmatized Communism, his victory survived him. In his brief fiery ride across the landscape, Joe McCarthy bought America another thirty years. For this, he sacrificed his life, his reputation, his name. The left cut down a brave man, but not before the American people heard the truth."
Am I reading this right? America survived 1950-1980 because of Joe McCarthy. So Communism was so strong it would have defeated among others; Capitalism, Democracy, free speech, free press, not by waging external war but by internal subversion. Are there other conservatives who hold this opinion?
Old 06-20-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by *******
Are you kidding. The fact that she had no idea that the Lewinski thing really happened doesn't give us any look into her intelligence?

You think she heard about Gennifer Flowers, the Arkansa State Troopers, and every other bimbo, but honestly thought...."Now this time, I think Bill is telling the truth."

I think that speaks pretty highly for the most intelligent woman in America.
God...trying...so...hard...not to make...drunk-driving reference...to...political figure...dave...holds dear...resist! Oh! holy spirit! Deliver me!!

We can make all kinds of assertions about people, whether it be the defiance of infidelity, drunk-driving, etc etc., and walk away feeling quite smug and righteous ourselves, but it is hardly a sound analysis. Nice try.

The denial of a cheating lover/husband is an emotional problem, IMO, not an intellectual one. Deal with it.
Old 06-20-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by fallow
God...trying...so...hard...not to make...drunk-driving reference...to...political figure...resist! Oh! holy spirit! Deliver me!!
Now, now. There's no need to bring Ted Kennedy into this.
Old 06-20-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RoboDad
Now, now. There's no need to bring Ted Kennedy into this.

I honestly thought of putting a disclaimer: Not Ted Kennedy! but thought, "Aw **** it."