Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Anyone read Lucky Wander Boy by D. B. Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-03, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone read Lucky Wander Boy by D. B. Weiss

A friend of mine told me about Lucky Wander Boy and said that I would probably like it as he hadn't read it yet either, but wanted to. I was just wondering if anyone had read it and what their thoughts were.

Here's a link to Amazon's page on the book. It sounds interesting...
Old 04-06-03, 11:40 PM

I finished reading it a couple of weeks ago, and it was a nice little story.

It's a very interesting story...especially if, as I am sure you have heard, you have been a fan of video games from the past 20+ years. But, while it is touted as a novel for video game enthusiasts, no actual knowledge of or interest in video games is actually required to enjoy this novel.

D.B. Weiss uses quite an interesting writing style, switching between first-person narration and entries from the protagonist's "Catalogue of Obsolete Entertainments." There's also a good mix of pop culture references outside of video games, including a little nod to Radiohead.

All in all, the story flows well, and is written well enough to keep you wanting to know what the hell this "Lucky Wander Boy" game is all about. It's a pretty quick and easy read, and, with it's little twists and turns, leaves you with a very thought-provoking view on life.
Old 04-07-03, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the review, jonnyrocks. I think I'll pick this up next time I'm at the book store. I always enjoy trying out new authors.