Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Anne Rice's new book?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-02, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anne Rice's new book?

Hey is anyone reading Anne Rice's new book, "Blackwood?" I have recently started it and I'm unimpressed. Traditionally her books take a little time to get going, so I'm being patient. I was just see if anyone else is reading this book and their thoughts.
Old 11-10-02, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I've pretty much give up on Anne Rice.

Her "Vampire Chronicles" are such a disjointed, jumbled mess that I have trouble making myself care.

The last one I read was "Merrick," which I actually sort of enjoyed -- probably her best entry in the VC since "Tale of the Body Theif."

Problem is, she ended it on a rather juicy cliffhanger, and the two books that have followed it -- "Blood and Gold" and "Blackwood Farm" don't seem to have ****-all to do with that cliffhanger. I mean, at the end of "Merrick," it felt like the VC would actually start going somewhere. Silly me.

If I decide to read them, I'll probably wait and pick up the harcovers off of the remainder tables.