Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Wild Cards edited by George RR Martin

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-02, 11:10 PM
Sn0
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wild Cards edited by George RR Martin

I picked this book up soley because his name was on the cover. It is really kind of interesting, it is a book written by various Sci-Fi and Fantasy writers as well as the man himself. It has the feeling of one of his books, but it is set in the future where certian people have "powers" I am only about 100 pages into it but while we are waiting for the next installment you might want to try it out
Old 02-08-02, 11:10 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I know there is a long series of these works. (Yup, just found a link here from which you can find a ton of info!)

Martin gave a talk at a convention I attended years ago explaining how, after some time, the series more or less collapsed under the weight of its back history. It was popular, though.

Some British authors tried something similar but, unfortunately, I forget what they called their superheroes....
Old 02-09-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually it wasn't set in the future, it was set during the '80's/90's. I read the first 9-10 books and they were very good. I now intedn the to read the other 5 books, plus the 2 new ones that are coming. I really liked them, if you couldn't tell. I-books is now doing special editions in trade paper back format(wish they were hard back) and are going to publish two new ones.