Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Last Victim by Jason Moss anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-01, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Victim by Jason Moss anyone??

I just finished Last Victim. Has anyone else read it? I would like their opinions on it. I kinda have mixed feelings toward it.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it is a true story about a college student who starts writing serial killers (Gacy, Manson, Dahmer, etc) and pretending to be the type that they would prey on. He even goes as far as meeting with Gacy.

I though it was an interesting book, but Jason Moss seemed to have a woe is me attitude in life while at the same time he was saying how good he was at everything.

Anyone else?

Later,
Lee
Old 08-24-01, 03:01 PM

I though it was an interesting book, but Jason Moss seemed to have a woe is me attitude in life while at the same time he was saying how good he was at everything.
That's the same feeling I had after reading it. Especially after the John Wayne Gacy chapter. But it's a good read and quite interesting. I just wish that he would have co-authored with someone better, like a John Douglas or somebody of his caliber.

I would still recommend it to anyone who likes the true crime genre though.
Old 08-24-01, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by Funk

That's the same feeling I had after reading it. Especially after the John Wayne Gacy chapter. But it's a good read and quite interesting. I just wish that he would have co-authored with someone better, like a John Douglas or somebody of his caliber.

I would still recommend it to anyone who likes the true crime genre though.
Yea, I have to agree... with a good co-author (I'm not familiar with John Douglas... what has he done?) the book could have been more captivating rather than just being like a kid telling a story to his friends, which is pretty much what it was.

The last part with John Gacy was really crazy. I have to think a little more may have went on... how else would you get away from a serial killer without him not getting anything that he wants.

It was still worth my time of reading it.

Later,
Lee
Old 09-05-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't believe that he actually was in the same cell as Gacy. It just read false to me. How could someone be in a secluded cell with someone like Gacy and nothing bad happen.

When I was reading the book, it did sound like some kid telling his amazing, but true stories to his buddies. It sounded like he was showing off how he duped all these serial killers.

John Douglas' books are great and he would have definitely helped the tone of this book.