Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Stephen King and Peter Straub's sequel to The Talsiman on the way

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stephen King and Peter Straub's sequel to The Talisman on the way

Black House is due out September 15, 2001

Can't wait. I loved The Talisman, King and Straub seem to make a great writing team.
------------------------

Random House posted this description of Black House:

Twenty years ago, a boy named Jack Sawyer travelled to a parallel universe called The Territories to save his mother and her Territories "twinner" from a premature and agonizing death that would have brought cataclysm to the other world. Now Jack is a retired Los Angeles homicide detective living in the nearly nonexistent hamlet of Tamarack, WI. He has no recollection of his adventures in the Territories and was compelled to leave the police force when an odd, happenstance event threatened to awaken those memories.

When a series of gruesome murders occur in western Wisconsin that are reminiscent of those committed several decades earlier by a real-life madman named Albert Fish, the killer is dubbed "The Fisherman" and Jack's buddy, the local chief of police, begs Jack to help his inexperienced force find him. But is this merely the work of a disturbed individual, or has a mysterious and malignant force been unleashed in this quiet town? What causes Jack's inexplicable waking dreams, if that is what they are, of robins' eggs and red feathers? It's almost as if someone is trying to tell him something. As that message becomes increasingly impossible to ignore, Jack is drawn back to the Territories and to his own hidden past, where he may find the soul-strength to enter a terrifying house at the end of a deserted track of forest, there to encounter the obscene and ferocious evils sheltered within it.

( taken from: http://www.stephenkingnews.com/books/blackhouse.html )

Last edited by BigStinky; 08-11-01 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-11-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
btw, Peter Straub will be doing a signing for this in NYC at the Barnes & Noble on Union Square on 9/15. it appears to be a solo signing (no King), but that's OK. also note that "The Talisman" is getting re-released in hardcover on that same day.

DJ
Old 08-12-01, 07:31 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't wait for this one! I too loved the Talisman. Also, for Dark Tower fans, Stephen King's website indicates their will be many references (answers?) within the Black House storyline.
Old 08-27-01, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I just bought the Talisman in paperback last night. Out of curiousity, which parts of the book are Straub and which are King?
Old 08-29-01, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I read this book back when it first hit paperback (a looong time ago) and I don't remember much about it other than I liked it, and movie theater popcorn just isn't right.

I'm going to read it again so I can read the sequel.
Old 08-29-01, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I just bought the Talisman in paperback last night. Out of curiousity, which parts of the book are Straub and which are King?
No one really knows...they would each write a couple dozen pages then let the other take it over...Some parts you can tell are King's others for sure Straub...but it is nearly impossible to tell where the transitions are.