Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Vinegar Syndrome Labor Day Weekend Warehouse Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-23, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts
Vinegar Syndrome Labor Day Weekend Warehouse Sale

Runs Sept 1-4.
As summer is winding down, the fall is heating up and we are bursting at the seams. Well, at least our warehouse is. It's time for a Labor Day Weekend Warehouse Sale!

With all the incredible titles we and our Partner Labels have in store for you in the coming months, we are literally running out of space. Lucky for you, that means that this coming Labor Day weekend, we’ll be heavily discounting loads of overstock items to make room for fresh releases.

The event, which kicks off at 12:01 PM EDT on Friday, September 1st and runs through 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, September 4th, will see discounts of 50-70% off dozens of overstock items, including numerous VS and Partner Label limited edition slipcovers, standard (including going OOP) Blu-rays, along with a ton of merch and clothing.

Additionally, ALL VS DVDs will be marked down to just $5 and ALL will be going OOP once our current inventory runs out!

And...be sure to check out the Mélusine site for more exclusive Labor Day discounts on our already half off DVDs and even Blus!

As usual, our beloved "Add to my existing order" function will be enabled.

So help us save some precious warehouse space as we help you plug holes in your collection, at unbeatably low prices.
- - - -

Their eblast also promotes an upcoming feature film called Eight Eyes, which is apparently the first in-house production from VS, paired with the folks behind Joe Bob’s Last Drive-In. Most reviews so far are from Fantasia up here, via typically fawning horror sites, but it will be interesting to see if they can make any waves in such a crowded market.
The following 2 users liked this post by Brian T:
Adam Tyner (08-25-23), laidbacklarkin (09-01-23)
Old 09-01-23, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 950 Likes on 724 Posts
Re: Vinegar Syndrome Labor Day Weekend Warehouse Sale

Wow. Beastmaster is down to $14.99. I didn't get the super special edition, but I did get the next one down, and I paid a lot more than $15 for it. And haven't even watched it yet. Because I had HBO in the 1980s.
Old 09-01-23, 12:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Couldn’t resist and picked up the two sale 4Ks, Beastmaster and Incredible Melting Man, along with some of the ~$11 limited slipcover horror titles.

Considering the September bundle, but figure most of them will be $10-11 in a future sale.

Really tempted by Gorgo 4k, but hate paying even close to that price for a single film.

Last edited by Trevor; 09-01-23 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-01-23, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Really tempted by Gorgo 4k, but hate paying even close to that price for a single film.
If you're okay with less fancy packaging, it's $26.98 at DeepDiscount. If that price holds for the next 15% off coupon, that'll bring it down to $22.93 + shipping (or free shipping, if you order something else to go with it).
Old 09-01-23, 03:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
If you're okay with less fancy packaging, it's $26.98 at DeepDiscount. If that price holds for the next 15% off coupon, that'll bring it down to $22.93 + shipping (or free shipping, if you order something else to go with it).
Thanks Adam, added to my wishlist there. Although I may still make the plunge before the weekend sale ends…..
Old 09-01-23, 05:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

They got me with the $5 offerings.

Blood Thirst/The Thirsty Dead
Crypt of the Living Dead/House of the Living Dead
Death Force/Vampire Hookers
Sometimes Aunt Martha Does Dreadful Things
Blood-A-Rama Triple Frightmare (
Limited Edition Slipcover...this one was $11.99 )
Old 09-01-23, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Click on 'Beastmaster' from the sale page, the slipcover edition says 'over 1000 in stock'. Select the OOS deluxe box in the dropdown, it says out of stock. Now, select the available slip cover version again and it now says 'over 2000 in stock'; Of course the logic on the different count ain't flawed but the perspective is ?
Old 09-01-23, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone know if more titles will be added as the weekend goes on?
Old 09-01-23, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Probably worth noting that the Culture Shock clearance sale is still on with a bunch of titles around $10 that could be added to existing orders. I don’t think these are listed in the main Labor Day sale.
Old 09-04-23, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Answering my own question, it doesn't seem like any more titles are being added to the sale. Kinda funny if they truly wanted to "clear warehouse space", they would put more titles up for sale each day. I bet the sales were huge on Friday afternoon, but have slowed to a trickle now.

Of course, I still picked up a bunch:
Body Melt
Blood Theater/The Visitants
Shiva Baby
Kain and Abel
Def by Temptation

and from Melusine:
The Bride's Initiation
Matinee Idol