DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Deep Discount 70% or More Sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/652477-deep-discount-70%25-more-sale.html)

Cardsfan111 02-23-21 12:46 PM

Deep Discount 70% or More Sale

Here's the deal: I made an order last month for a few things that seemed to be obvious price mistakes. They were cancelled and I was sent a $5 code to make up for it. With that about to expire, I checked out the site today and there's a tab for movies & TV show discounted at 70% or more: 70% or more Movies Sale on DeepDiscount

There's some decent deals to be found on some TV shows on DVD for $3.99 and assorted BDs at that same price, all of which seem like they fit the sale. Then there's other items which were more surprising to find at that price. And some obvious price errors again. So order if you wish and play your hand at Deep Discount Roulette to see if anything comes through.

Best Actress Collection (DVD) - $3.99
Blue Murder - Set 1 (DVD) - $3.99
ESPN: O.J. Made in America (BD) - $3.99
Fast & Furious 8 Movie Collection (DVD) - $3.99
Monterey Pop (Criterion BD) - $3.99
Revolution: Season 1 (BD) - $3.99
Victoria: Season 1 (BD) - $3.99

Brave (BD) - $3.99
Doctor Strange (BD) - $3.99
Monsters University (BD) - $3.99
Sleeping Beauty (BD) - $3.99

Batman Complete Series (BD) - $4.71
Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-6 (BD) - $5.65 (there's a few individual seasons at $3.99)
The Godfather Collection (BD) - $3.99
Life & Planet Earth (BD) - $4.26
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey: Seasons 1-5 (BD) - $4.01
Star Trek Next Gen: Seasons 1-3 (DVD) - $3.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-3 (BD) - $4.25
Wire in the Blood: Complete Series (DVD) - $3.99

You'll find a few other things that I failed to note. There's 2,000 listings at around $4 each to scroll through. Good luck! Hope I don't sabotage my own chances of scoring by sharing with folks here, but there's only one way to find out. :)

Why So Blu? 02-23-21 01:58 PM

Re: Deep Discount 70% or More Sale

They canceled my order. I ordered a Batman and Monterey Pop BD and everything had gone through ok then I get the email saying that order is canceled due to the items being discontinued by the manufacturer. :confused:

Oh well.

hariseldon 02-23-21 03:03 PM

I suspect several of the obvious Price Errors will be cancelled.

$4 for the Batman Complete Series
$5 of S1-6 Game of Thrones

among a few other obvious one's, but no harm in trying just in case one of the 95% off items is real

BobO'Link 02-23-21 03:34 PM

That Game of Thrones set now shows to be OOS. I'm guessing the "Slickdeals syndrome" hit hard...

hariseldon 02-23-21 05:51 PM

It's so Slickdealsy that even the scalpers wouldn't post the deals there and tried to keep it all for themselves.

I can't wait for the next wave of posts lamenting how DD never ships a products and how the Bait/Switched everyone on purpose.

dsa_shea 02-23-21 07:40 PM

DD also still allows orders on stuff that will forever be on backorder because it is no longer available.

story 02-23-21 09:48 PM

Wow, The Vietnam War by Ken Burns was on Blu-ray for $4. Missed that.

JasonX 02-24-21 09:13 AM

Godfather is still in stock and orderable. Some other decent ones not mentioned; Maniac and The Last Hunt on blu-ray. If these actually ship, this will be a good deal, but you ever know with DD these days.

Cardsfan111 02-24-21 02:11 PM

Hope others might have gotten in on this. I just received a shipping confirmation e-mail. -eek-

This was an initial large order of 25 items. I then placed a 2nd order of 5-6 things I had overlooked the first time.

Edit to add: First order shipped UPS -- a 23 pound package might be here as soon as tomorrow.

Received a shipping confirmation for my 2nd order as well with a tracking number through USPS.

g 02-24-21 07:28 PM

https://www.deepdiscount.com/help-li.../5099950951994

The Beatles Help Limited edition is only 3.99 plus 4.99 additional shipping. I picked up a second one. Is a very nice set if you don't have it.

Deepdiscount does a big clear out each year around January which this is. The clear out usually consists of discontinued or overstock items but can also have used items without any note on the site. I've received returns and rewrapped items before during it. You can check ebay and see that some of them are listed as used by deepdiscount there. One time they sent me that big MASH set with tons of scratched disks at this kind of discounted price plus shipping. I ordered some items and hope for the best. as I have gotten some good items before.

laidbacklarkin 02-24-21 10:50 PM

Getting a $4.99 shipping fee with a $45 order although it says free ship with $25 order - anyone else ?

Edit: Never mind, the Beatles set has a $4.99 shipping surcharge due to weight. Offset it by the $5 coupon sent on the last order cancellation.

g 02-24-21 10:58 PM

Some oversized items like the Beatles Help item have an additional shipping fee. I used the five off coupon from those mill creek items being cancelled that they sent last month.

Captsmee.00 02-24-21 11:00 PM

I couldn’t get anything to stay in my cart but tried again tonight with a non-sale CD and it worked. The Beatles Help dvd set & Deathly Hollows II 3D. I guess we’ll see if they ship

laidbacklarkin 02-25-21 06:28 PM

Received ship confirmation. That was fast.

Question for the Nostradamuses amongst us: What are the odds of all those WAC DVDs being upgraded to Blu ? The $3.99 price is awfully tempting but I want to reduce future exposure to 480p

PhantomStranger 02-25-21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13897073)
Received ship confirmation. That was fast.

Question for the Nostradamuses amongst us: What are the odds of all those WAC DVDs being upgraded to Blu ? The $3.99 price is awfully tempting but I want to reduce future exposure to 480p

At this point in BD's lifespan, it's pretty safe saying the odds are against those movies ever hitting Blu-ray.

g 02-25-21 08:41 PM

They usually do the ones that have a good master already available or have decent elements.
And then they look at the sales history in the DVD archive.

Cardsfan111 02-26-21 01:45 PM

I did get my large package last night via UPS, just 2 days after placing the order. The 2nd smaller one is hung up with USPS and will be a little slower to arrive.

This was certainly a significant deal for me. I ended up with a bonus or 2. I bought the show Eight is Enough on DVD. It was listed as season 2, part 1. Well part 2 was wrapped with it. Also the Walking Dead 1-3 set came with a t-shirt as well.

MooMooMooMoo 02-26-21 08:23 PM

Grr. The last order I placed got 100% cancelled, so I didn't look at this batch. Though truth is I've had many more bad experiences with DD than good. And I HATE Alliance for playing a significant role in putting many us including me out of business.

Captsmee.00 02-27-21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Captsmee.00 (Post 13896631)
I couldn’t get anything to stay in my cart but tried again tonight with a non-sale CD and it worked. The Beatles Help dvd set & Deathly Hollows II 3D. I guess we’ll see if they ship

Shipped!

b2net 02-28-21 06:24 AM

I placed a small order and only had Back In Time Blu ray cancelled. What stinks is they still show it available at $3.99.

Toddarino 02-28-21 02:26 PM

I used to use these guys back in the day, but the last few orders I’ve attempted just end up getting cancelled. I’m done even trying anymore.

Cardsfan111 02-28-21 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13898129)
I placed a small order and only had Back In Time Blu ray cancelled. What stinks is they still show it available at $3.99.

That's odd. Did they give a reason?

laidbacklarkin 02-28-21 09:43 PM

My backordered WAC dvds were canceled as well. Why accept the order if you can’t fulfill ?

g 02-28-21 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13898466)
That's odd. Did they give a reason?

This reduced price clearance offer features items that are very limited quantity. Some of the items have only 1 copy available at the reduced price. .

Cardsfan111 03-01-21 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by g (Post 13898491)
This reduced price clearance offer features items that are very limited quantity. Some of the items have only 1 copy available at the reduced price. .

I get that. But many of the big sale items disappeared from the sale when they weren't available. Or went up in price (I think I looked last night and saw the Game of Thrones multi-season set was listed much higher now). It's confusing if something was cancelled but is still listed for $3.99 on the sale page.