Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Old 06-21-19, 11:45 AM
  #126  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,010
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

kahuna is offline  
Old 06-21-19, 11:54 AM
  #127  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,937
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Now that's tempting. For those who have it, is it worth it? In terms of upgrade quality?
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-21-19, 11:55 AM
  #128  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,996
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

The Chucky Collection is DOD at $19.99 on BD.
Why So Blu? is offline  
Old 06-21-19, 02:35 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,214
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Now that's tempting. For those who have it, is it worth it? In terms of upgrade quality?
I picked it up during the Barnes and Noble sale since the other forum was saying some good things about the upgrade. I was missing digital copies on most of the movies anyway and it came out to around $6 a movie. That's a price I could live with.
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 06-23-19, 02:36 PM
  #130  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,937
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

I just realized I had a $20 gift card and $6 in Amazon credit, so I picked it up for $30 and change. Likewise, I only had a couple of them on digital, so a pretty good deal all around.
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-24-19, 09:49 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,861
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

The Bourne Classified Collection is only $14.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Red Hood is offline  
Old 06-25-19, 08:36 AM
  #132  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,817
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The Bourne Classified Collection is only $14.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
FYI - this contains only the first 4 films in the series
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 06-25-19, 12:13 PM
  #133  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,015
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

I got the Fast and Furious 4K UHD 8 movie collection. I used some Mastercard rewards credit and got it for $39. Considering the MSRP is about $100, it's a really good deal.

I'm probably going to dump my old individual BDs to get some $$$ to make up for the out of pocket cost.

It will be nicer now to have all the movies together in a nice box set plus that bonus disc.

and yes I know there is going to be a 9th and 10th movie.
DJariya is online now  
Old 06-25-19, 12:52 PM
  #134  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,216
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I got the Fast and Furious 4K UHD 8 movie collection. I used some Mastercard rewards credit and got it for $39. Considering the MSRP is about $100, it's a really good deal.

I'm probably going to dump my old individual BDs to get some $$$ to make up for the out of pocket cost.

It will be nicer now to have all the movies together in a nice box set plus that bonus disc.

and yes I know there is going to be a 9th and 10th movie.
I got it from B&N during their sale for $48. Sold the digital for $35. Sold blu-rays of 1-7 for $25. I still have a 4K copy of 8 to sell.
dex14 is offline  
Old 06-25-19, 01:05 PM
  #135  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,054
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

While I don't mind the Fast series I never had any desire to go back to any of them and wound up just giving my Blu-ray copies away (I had the first six) when I was trying to purge my collection a bit a while back.
Mike86 is online now  
Old 06-25-19, 01:08 PM
  #136  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,015
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Yeah I have 5-8 on digital already and those are the ones that I really care about in the series.

So I'll probably sell my copies of 1-7 on BD and the 4K UHD that I have for 8, which I got by itself a few years ago. And I'll sell the digital copies of 1-8 that come with this set.

I'm not expecting much as I know the resale value of physical media is very very low, but it will help make up the difference.

So for anyone interested who doesn't buy physical media anymore, I am selling my soon to be in my hands digital copies of Fast and Furious 1-8 for $35 as well. That's a steal. PM me if you're interested.
DJariya is online now  
Old 06-25-19, 01:44 PM
  #137  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,216
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
While I don't mind the Fast series I never had any desire to go back to any of them and wound up just giving my Blu-ray copies away (I had the first six) when I was trying to purge my collection a bit a while back.

dex14 is offline  
Old 06-25-19, 03:33 PM
  #138  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Cellar Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,315
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
FYI - this contains only the first 4 films in the series
Yeah, I was tempted by that Amazon deal, but I checked and VUDU has all 5 movies in UHD for $19.99, so I went with that instead. It's digital only, but I mostly prefer that these days.
Cellar Door is offline  
Old 06-25-19, 04:35 PM
  #139  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,587
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

The Fast & Furious set is nice until you come to the bonus disc, which is a dvd. Really? Almost every dvd scuffs in these slide in and out digibook sets.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 07-01-19, 11:08 AM
  #140  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Mr. Flix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,647
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Child's Play Child's Play
complete 7-movie collection for $19.99.
Mr. Flix is offline  
Old 07-02-19, 11:09 AM
  #141  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,015
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

So Amazon ended up sending me the DVD edition, instead of Blu-Ray of Police Story/Police Story 2 Criterion that I ordered a few days ago (It's on sale for $27 and change)

I didn't realize it until I opened it and then noticed there were 3 discs and then quickly saw the DVD video logo.

I contacted them for a refund and was going to return it, but Amazon replied back and said they will refund me and don't require a return.

I love the fact that Amazon doesn't require a return. They probably know that once it's open, they can't sell it and there would be no point taking it back and the cost of postage on them.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-02-19 at 11:26 AM.
DJariya is online now  
Old 07-02-19, 11:27 AM
  #142  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 21,431
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I love the fact that Amazon doesn't require a return. They probably know that once it's open, they can't sell it and there would be no point taking it back and the cost of postage on them.
Alas, they haven't been so friendly to me recently. They sent the first season of The Outer Limits on DVD and required me to send it back. (Looked like a repackage too; the shrinkwrap was thin and weird, and Amazon's sticker on it did say Blu-ray, even though...y'know, no.) Coco was unplayable on UHD BD on a couple of players, and they made me send my faulty copy back too.
Adam Tyner is online now  
Old 07-02-19, 01:00 PM
  #143  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,885
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

I had Amazon want me to return a $3 copy of a PD serial that was a release different than what I ordered. I ordered it again a month later and got the same copy that I'd sent back (I know because I marked both the disc and case just in case)! I had to tell them "You sent me the exact same incorrect title twice. It will cost you more for me to return it than you can ever expect go get. Are you *sure* you want it back?" before they said "OK... just keep it."
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-02-19, 01:21 PM
  #144  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,216
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
So Amazon ended up sending me the DVD edition, instead of Blu-Ray of Police Story/Police Story 2 Criterion that I ordered a few days ago (It's on sale for $27 and change)

I didn't realize it until I opened it and then noticed there were 3 discs and then quickly saw the DVD video logo.

I contacted them for a refund and was going to return it, but Amazon replied back and said they will refund me and don't require a return.

I love the fact that Amazon doesn't require a return. They probably know that once it's open, they can't sell it and there would be no point taking it back and the cost of postage on them.
But you'll re-order for the blu?
dex14 is offline  
Old 07-02-19, 01:30 PM
  #145  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,015
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Yeah probably I mean that was the whole point of it to get the new 4K HD transfer on BD.
DJariya is online now  
Old 07-02-19, 02:03 PM
  #146  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,216
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Yeah probably I mean that was the whole point of it to get the new 4K HD transfer on BD.
Yea, that's what I was going to say. Could probably sell the DVD on eBay and recoup most.
dex14 is offline  
Old 07-02-19, 03:07 PM
  #147  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 6,552
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Alas, they haven't been so friendly to me recently. They sent the first season of The Outer Limits on DVD and required me to send it back. (Looked like a repackage too; the shrinkwrap was thin and weird, and Amazon's sticker on it did say Blu-ray, even though...y'know, no.) Coco was unplayable on UHD BD on a couple of players, and they made me send my faulty copy back too.
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I had Amazon want me to return a $3 copy of a PD serial that was a release different than what I ordered. I ordered it again a month later and got the same copy that I'd sent back (I know because I marked both the disc and case just in case)! I had to tell them "You sent me the exact same incorrect title twice. It will cost you more for me to return it than you can ever expect go get. Are you *sure* you want it back?" before they said "OK... just keep it."
Multiple times in the last year I've received merchandise from Amazon (direct, not third party sellers) that was sold as new, but was obviously a returned item. It has really soured me to Amazon lately. Amazon should only be selling returned items in "Amazon Warehouse".
kefrank is offline  
Old 07-02-19, 04:44 PM
  #148  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,629
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

This problem has a simple explanation. It was reported that Amazon Marketplace items fulfilled by Prime often get co-mingled into Amazon's own inventory. They'd rather send customers unverified stock than keeping separate warehouse locations for Prime merchandise.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 07-08-19, 06:09 AM
  #150  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,354
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
Already dead.
Shannon Nutt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.