Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

15% off $25+ on eBay - 8/28/18

Old 08-28-18, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

15% off $25+ on eBay - 8/28/18

Use the coupon code PREGAME15.

This stacks with sales on some retailers, like Blowitaoutahere's 15%-off-2-items deal. That's 27.75% off!

My not-super-interesting order is A Quiet Place and Mayhem, both on Ultra HD Blu-ray, for $28 shipped. I wasn't able to get a deal to stack, but you may have better luck.
Old 08-29-18, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: 15% off $25+ on eBay - 8/28/18

Since ebay has caved on the sales tax issue, & since their cs support for buyers isn't half as good as Amazon's, my ebay purchases are way down. Mostly ink.
Old 08-29-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I've still yet to be charged sales tax on eBay (and I ordered from two different sellers yesterday). I wonder what triggers it.
Old 08-29-18, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its still the existing practice of where the Seller (if established as a business) is based out of and where the product is being shipped to - if both are in the same state or or if shipping address is one of several states where the Seller's business has a presence, they are required per law to collect sales tax. I do not get charged with sales tax 90% of the time on eBay
Old 08-29-18, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I've still yet to be charged sales tax on eBay (and I ordered from two different sellers yesterday). I wonder what triggers it.
They won't go full-balls on taxing people. They'll gradually work it into the system over the year. Not a good time, as the holidays are coming too, so they might back off until January.
Old 08-29-18, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Its still the existing practice of where the Seller (if established as a business) is based out of and where the product is being shipped to - if both are in the same state or or if shipping address is one of several states where the Seller's business has a presence, they are required per law to collect sales tax. I do not get charged with sales tax 90% of the time on eBay
That law has changed, due to the Supreme court & Washington State's law suit. I think ebay's determiner is size of the seller. The Super D empire does not have a location in Wa state, & I get charged by all of their ebay stores (DD, Import CD's, etc). Wa State has also been the most aggressive on this issue.
Old 08-30-18, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Charged tax for the first time on an Importcds order through eBay.